Paul Pogba

Bertus

Just like it only hurts the spanish league that these new bans about youth players.
Speaking of which, why does it only apply to liga teams? I'm sure as trees that every elite club is poaching 13 year olds from all over the world.
Are they targeting liga because it's the strongest?

Dunno. From what I heard here, French teams, psg included don't do it. But newspapers here also said that english clubs do the same as Barca and RM, so yeah, I too don't know why only La Liga teams face bans so far.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
No, no, I meant the financial bubble. When will the pricing market in football crash? But I agree with what you have to say.

I don't think it is ever going to burst, unfortunately, as long as there is demand and rich clubs (we are guilty too) paying that kind of ridiculous amount of money for players.

The only hope is rich clubs stop caving in to these kind of prices and let them sit on the shelf for a while, perhaps the prices will drop slightly.

Bertus

I don't think it is ever going to burst, unfortunately, as long as there is demand and rich clubs (we are guilty too) paying that kind of ridiculous amount of money for players.

The only hope is rich clubs stop caving in to these kind of prices and let them sit on the shelf for a while, perhaps the prices will drop slightly.

What I just see is that 2 years of FFP didn't stop anything. Platini promised so much, but in the end, punishing MC and PSG didn't stop fees and salaries to reach new heights.

I really like the idea of fee/salary caps.

But so far, medias here are saying German, and Brits are fully against it, so the little french league can't do anything by itself....

Kohe321

[tw]603980437355102209[/tw]

Good! Stick to your guns please, he has done absolutely nothing to warrant becoming our second best paid player. Raiolas hype machine is in full effect, let's not fall for it.

Last edited:

raskolnikov

No, no, I meant the financial bubble. When will the pricing market in football crash? But I agree with what you have to say.

My futuristic blury vision on this is that the gap will continue to grow and grow so much until like with multinational companies some are way too big to be in the same league with others.
The brutal domination by the same teams comparable to Bayern in Germany will lead to a shitload of complaints after which the UEFA as a kind of EU will create the European superleague containing the richest strongest clubs in the world.
The rest will be ranked accordingly on money, league and performances in lower tier divisions.
That will be our version of NBA with the cl being the cup tournament. Then since it will be under the control and vision of the UEFA the salarycap can be installed along with a fixed spending budget and financial fair play rules.
Maybe then the bubble will be controlled rather than burst.
The idea sickens my yet makes me curious as well, since the reuslts would be based on policy, strategy and vision rather than just who has most money. Oil money could also be contained as with the others treating football like their personal toy.

Last edited:

Galning

Can somebody explain to me why Pogba is such an amazing football player? I've seen him play a lot and I really don't see it. Serious question by the way. He is good, but nothing spectacular? Insane transfer price + wages for him? I really don't understand.

Siberia

Can somebody explain to me why Pogba is such an amazing football player? I've seen him play a lot and I really don't see it. Serious question by the way. He is good, but nothing spectacular? Insane transfer price + wages for him? I really don't understand.

Exactly! I really dont understand it. I've seen him play lots of times but I really dont see the hype. Yes, he occasionally scores a golazo and has some nice dribbles, but that's really about it. We really dont need that kinda player! We already have the forwards that score the goals.

gatsu

Pogba_juve_crop.jpg

Don't underestimate the power of the haircut, this alone is worth a salary of 10M :neymar:

Barcilliant

Part of it is marketing, part potential and the rest hype generated by his fat ass agent who really doesn't need any more money or pasta for that matter.

Home of Barca Fans