Paul Pogba

JamDav1982

Of course Messi likes money but there is no question whatsoever that he SHOULD be highest paid player at Barca. He is worth every penny and probably more.

The problem some people have with Alves is that they think he is not being honest about the money issue and is not worth what he is asking for at this point in his career.

Two very different situations.

Bertus

Of course Messi likes money but there is no question whatsoever that he SHOULD be highest paid player at Barca. He is worth every penny and probably more.

The problem some people have with Alves is that they think he is not being honest about the money issue and is not worth what he is asking for at this point in his career.

Two very different situations.

I just said that football players like money, whatever if they are Messi, or Alves, or Ronaldo, or Zlatan etc.

Nothing else. Yet you can't deny Alves was trashed a lot about liking money. And sometimes not just because he's asking a lot, but just about the fact he likes money.

To which I replied in said thread at the time that most football players like money anyways.

So dunno what you are arguing on. I never said the two situations are identical.

Bertus

So he was getting less than 7M before Neymar?

It was rumored in french medias at the time that it could be the case, but I think it was not true.

I believe it had more to do with Ronaldo getting a raise too than Neymar.

Didn't follow all that happened tho. So wait for a member that knows the whole timeline.

What I'm pretty sure is that Messi got a raise last year.

F

Flavia

So he was getting less than 7M before Neymar?

No. He was on 16m per year. Now he's rumord to be on 20m. Neymar official wages are 7m, but there's also the 40m he got for signing to take into account. 75m for 5 years, 15m per year. He's likely to get a raise this summer too.

Alen

No. He was on 16m per year. Now he's rumord to be on 20m. Neymar official wages are 7m, but there's also the 40m he got for signing to take into account. 75m for 5 years, 15m per year. He's likely to get a raise this summer too.

Oh ok so 12M for Pogba would make him third best paid behind Messi and Neymar. That's a little better.

F

Flavia

Have thought this before -

If that 40m is classed as wages then why do people add it on to his transfer fee?

Cant really add it twice. Has to be one or the the other.

That's just semantics. Point is he's getting 75m in 5 years, with 40m paid in advance. Also a good manouver to not make his wages be 15m on arrival.

Home of Barca Fans