Paul Pogba

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Greedy bastard that Neymar Sr. He is getting a helluva lot from us for his son and he still wanted him to choose Madrid for more money.

JamDav1982

That's just semantics. Point is he's getting 75m in 5 years, with 40m paid in advance. Also a good manouver to not make his wages be 15m on arrival.

I know whay they did it as they thought it wouldnt break the wages structure to do it that way and for tax.

But if we were to break down Neymars wages vs Neymars transfer fee how does it get broken down as they are often discussed independently of one another.

F

Flavia

I know whay they did it as they thought it wouldnt break the wages structure to do it that way and for tax.

But if we were to break down Neymars wages vs Neymars transfer fee how does it get broken down as they are often discussed independently of one another.

I think that discussion is one of the things that made his tax case happen. I can't help but wonder if this is also what's making raiola so greedy. "Another young player with talent and crazy hair, let me see if Bartomeu also pays a lot to him".

JamDav1982

I think that discussion is one of the things that made his tax case happen. I can't help but wonder if this is also what's making raiola so greedy. "Another young player with talent and crazy hair, let me see if Bartomeu also pays a lot to him".

Is the tax case not more about the other 30 odd million they tried to keep seperate from transfer?

Just a grey area where the 40m to Neymars father is counted. I agree its right to be calculated as wages and Messi rightfully got increase but if it is classed as wages then surely it gets taken off the calculated transfer fee when it is quoted.

Open to interpretation I suppose but we cant think Neymar as being on both 15m wages and have the 40m in his transfer fee. Has to be one or other.

Edit: Sure Raiola got Ibra on huge wages after tax as well.

Something tells me he'll have an Ibra like career in the sense that he'll keep on moving every 2-4 years because of his agent.

blaugrana1987

There will have to happen something monumental for Barca not to sign Pogba. Real dissmissed rumors that they are in race because its clear Pogba and his agent prefer Barca and they dont want another Ney on their hands. Then there is Braida and that Italian connection so yea...Pretty sure he will be here next year for better or worse.

Icarium

Lifestealer
Neymar and Suarez earns 12M per year almost (little less than that but very close). Messi earns 20M per year. Iniesta also 11-12M per year. With both xavi and dani leaving i could see our new signing getting somewhere around 9-10M and pique to get a good rise too.

Source: All numbers are based on articles published when they signed their contract extensions.

BBZ8800

Because:
1. when you buy Rakitic or any regular player in the world:
-- if you pay a 20M transfer fee=his former club will get those 20M, and a player doesn't have anything to do with that money
-- wages which you give to a player=are player's earnings

Now, in Ney's case, the story is totally different:
1. if we paid 90 or 100 Millions for him=that money didn't go to his former club
-- but something like:60M to his former club and 40M to his dad (aka to Neymar)
2. then, on top of that you have Neymar's wages, let's say 7M Euros yearly

-- so, you see, a guy like Rakitic actually earns only, let's say 4M Euros yearly from Barca
-- and in 4 years, he will earn 16 Millions from Barca

-- Neymar, on the other hand will earn in 4 years=7M from wages=28 Millions
-- plus 40M paid directly to him and his dad BEFORE the transfer
-- so, that means that Rakitic will earn 16M in 4 years, and Neymar 68 Millions in 4 years

-- now, if Pogba (whom I don't like, btw) asks for 10 or 12 M for 4 years, he would still earn "only" 40 or 48 Millions, even though his actual wage would be the 2nd highest in Barca (only Messi would get more)

So, Neymar's case is really a special case.
And, you see, we really need to calculate his earning twice, both in the transfer fee (since a huge part of went directly to him) and in his wages.

A similar example would be:
-- Juve sells Pogba for 100 Millions to Barca
-- if Juve gets 100M, and Pogba gets 10 M wages=that is "a normal" transfer, let's say...

But:
-- if Barca pays 100M for a transfer fee, and Juve gets 60M, and Pogba 40M
-- and on top of that Pogba gets 10M years, then that's a crap in terms of wages (in terms of a wage structure inside of our club, and how much our other guys are getting paid)
-- then Pogba would actually get 40M from a fee and 10M yearly, and he would earn 80M from Barca in 4 years, which is 20M yearly

Again, that is why Neymar's transfer is shaddy in so many aspects.
This has nothing with "Neyhate".

And I personally hope that Rosell, Barto and everyone will get into jail because of that, plus because of even trying to cheat on taxes after that.
They are willing to pay God-knows-how-many-Millions for Ney or Pogba, but they don't want to pay taxes.

Well, good luck in jail, clowns.:bartomeu::clown::police:

Last edited:

Nedved & Hamisk both had him as agent too

Ooh, I honestly didn't know that before. We'll see though. If there's one thing, Nedved really loved playing for Juve. Can't surely say the same for Hamsik, but he's been at Napoli for 7 years now right? Pogba and his agent's statements just come across as someone who would jump at the next paycheck.

JamDav1982

Because:
1. when you buy Rakitic or any regular player in the world:
-- if you pay a 20M transfer fee=his former club will get those 20M, and a player doesn't have anything to do with that money
-- wages which you give to a player=are player's earnings

Now, in Ney's case, the story is totally different:
1. if we paid 90 or 100 Millions for him=that money didn't go to his former club
-- but something like:60M to his former club and 40M to his dad (aka to Neymar)
2. then, on top of that you have Neymar's wages, let's say 7M Euros yearly

-- so, you see, a guy like Rakitic actually earns only, let's say 4M Euros yearly from Barca
-- and in 4 years, he will earn 16 Millions from Barca

-- Neymar, on the other hand will earn in 4 years=7M from wages=28 Millions
-- plus 40M paid directly to him and his dad BEFORE the transfer
-- so, that means that Rakitic will earn 16M in 4 years, and Neymar 68 Millions in 4 years

-- now, if Pogba (whom I don't like, btw) asks for 10 or 12 M for 4 years, he would still earn "only" 40 or 48 Millionvs, even though his actual wage would be the 2nd highest in Barca (only Messi would get more)

So, Neymar's case is really a special case.
And, you see, we really need to calculate his earning twice, both in the transfer fee (since a huge part of went directly to him) and in his wages.

A similar example would be:
-- Juve sells Pogba for 100 Millions to Barca
-- if Juve gets 100M, and Pogba gets 10 M wages=that is "a normal" transfer, let's say...

But:
-- if Barca pays 100M for a transfer fee, and Juve gets 60M, and Pogba 40M
-- and on top of that Pogba gets 10M years, then that's a crap in terms of wages (in terms of a wage structure inside of our club, and how much our other guys are getting paid)
-- then Pogba would actually get 40M from a fee and 10M yearly, and he would earn 80M from Barca in 4 years, which is 20M yearly

Again, that is why Neymar's transfer is shaddy in so many aspects.
This has nothing with "Neyhate".

And I personally hope that Rosell, Barto and everyone will get into jail because of that, plus because of even trying to cheat on taxes after that.
They are willing to pay God-knows-how-many-Millions for Ney or Pogba, but they don't want to pay taxes.

Well, good luck in jail, clowns.:bartomeu::clown::police:

BBZ i don't need that broken down. I understand exactly why the 40m cod be considered wages.

Nothing you have put there changes that.

The fact remains that no one can claim that both Neymar is on 15m a season and add the 40m to his transfer fee.

Barcilliant

The problem is the pissing contest we have with Real on an annual basis plus the upcoming election. Barto wants to sign a big name for his chances and he's willing to break the bank for it.

Home of Barca Fans