Paul Pogba

raskolnikov

How did Cesc affect the prime Messi, Xavi and Iniesta?

So much wrong with that statement it is ridiculous.
Cesc was forced into the team, playing various positions while it came clear he didnt have Barca dna and sucked after winter.
Also lost Thiago who was suited because of him.

But it wasnt on him it was more a transitional phase we were in along with a little bad luck and too much messidependencia why we didnt won a cl.
But in the end we are on route to a treble and won a liga and copa in those 3 years, so it defiitely wasnt as bad compared to Milan, United, Liverpool, Inter, Dortmund currently.

L

Lagerfeld

We can lose the CL, ruin the balanced (and treble winning) team and get troubles into our team in 100s of much cheaper ways than this one.

Oh wait we already won the treble... wirh this arrogance and cockiness we probalbly will...
Some fears are eligible but you should stay objective... about the board as well.

Furthermore, I have read the most arguments before and after the Neymar transfer as well... now we are MAYBE AND HOPEFULLY a treble winner with this YOUTUBE HAIRCUT SWAG OVERHYPED Neymar da Silva Santos Jr.

laporta(24).jpg

Let's hope this disgusting guy and his genius sporting director (who failed at City big time - nothing else expected - will return and bring some great players to the club. Let's say players of K9, Jesus, Henrique, Hleb class. Moreover, huge debt... yes gangbang parties and private jets for Joan are expensive

BBZ8800

Actually the money isn't that big of a deal. If it were up to people in here we'd have never signed Neymar or Suarez because of price.

Xavi has left and that frees up wage money. Alves will also be gone in summer 2016 at the latest. I think we could fit Pogba in financially. I have a problem with his agent though.

Money actually IS a big deal.

I personally don't know the exact numbers.
But, imo, too many of our fans are acting as if we are playing Football manager here and as if money is not important at all.
Something like:
1. if he won't work=we'll sell him
2. even if we pay 100M=he will sell enough of shirts
3. even if we pay 100M=we will win a CL

Again, I DON'T know the exact numbers, but THERE is a line beyond everything is too expensive.

For example (these are NOT the real numbers):
-- imagine if we can earn maximum of 500M Euros per Season if we win a CL
-- so, that is ours yearly income. We can't earn more than 500M

-- now, if we spend 300M and earn 500M in one year=we will have 200M at the end of the year
-- we can invest that money in new players or to solve our debt
-- if we spend 500M and earn 500, we are on zero
-- we didn't earn anything, and we haven't lowered our debt
-- if we spend 550M, and earn 500, we have again spent more than we have earned, and our total debt will get bigger and bigger

-- now, there is also a risk factor
-- if we invest 480 Millions:
1. then, if we win a CL=we will earn 500M in that Season, so +20 Millions in the end
2. but, if we don't win a CL, then we will earn, for example, 460 Millions= that means that we will have -20 negative balance in this Season. (Add that to our total debt)

So, again, I don't know the real numbers, but I am pretty sure that Ney, Messi, Suarez and Brad Pitt CAN'T sell that many shirts to cover 100M signings each summer.
And even if we win 5 CLs, I believe that we won't earn too much in general, because of:
1. huge transfer fees paid
2. huge wages to our superstars
3. insane bonuses to our players for winning titles (in other thread it was said that we will earn more or less nothing this year, even if we win a CL, because we will pay another 50M in bonuses. So, we will earn more if we lose the final and if don't have to pay 50M in bonuses.
-- for example:
a) playing in CL finals=we will earn 30 Millions
-- and we don't need to pay anything to our players. So, we will actually earn 30 Millions
b) winning in CL finals=we will earn 50 Millions
-- and we have to pay 50 Millions to our players
= so, we will be on zero, even if we win a CL

So, again, I DON'T know the exact numbers, but I am 99% sure that the numbers are extremely risky and that our board are pushing everything to the limits.
Aka, we are spending enormous amounts of money, and only if we win a CL, we are earning some peanuts.
But in all seasons when we don't win a CL, we are surely losing the money again, and our debts are growing more and more (or they are the same).

So, I am not "buying" that story:
1. Neymar is sooo marketable or Pogba is sooo marketable
-- you can take the calculator and try to calculate how many shirts we need to sell in order to make the 100 Millions transfer from Ney (plus 10M in wages) and 100M Pogba's fee and 10+M in wages profitable.

People will reply: but we will win a CL!
Ok.
We will again spend all the money earned from a CL on 50 M bonuses for our players who won the titles, lol.

Anyway, I am not saying that we shouldn't buy expensive players and try to win titles, but there is a LIMIT for everything.
If a 70M transfer fee for Pogba=can win us trophies and keep the positive cash balance, then ok
But if a 100M transfer fee will get us in debts even if we win a CL and sell 2 Millions of shirts, then=NO. The transfer is not justified then and we shouldn't buy him.

Some posters used to say here: we only need to convince him and take him away from Madrid.
Lol.
Does that mean that we should pay even 200M for Pogba, if needed?
So, we will win titles, and have -100 negative cash balance in each new Season.
(So, if we win titles, we can then spend -100M millions per Season, that is justified, right?)
Well, it isn't.

This is a real world and not a football manager game where we can cheat, load, save and get an unlimited amounts of cash in each Season.
Pogba and other transfers are profitable both on the field (trophies) and off the field (economy in general) only up to a certain price.

Last edited:

BBZ8800

Let's hope this disgusting guy and his genius sporting director (who failed at City big time - nothing else expected - will return and bring some great players to the club. Let's say players of K9, Jesus, Henrique, Hleb class. Moreover, huge debt... yes gangbang parties and private jets for Joan are expensive

That guy created the current Barca in 2003, 2004 and 2005, when he bought Rijkaard, Ronnie, Etoo, Deco and all other players.

You seem to remember only his sins.
Have you been here in Gaspart's era?

If you did, you would have appreciated Laporta much more, after 6 years of horrible misery.
Without Laporta, we would never have won 3 CLs in the last 10 years.

Imagine if these clowns were in charge from 2003.
Do you think that they would create the biggest team in the world our of nothing (in 2003)?
Lol.

I don't think so.

L

Lagerfeld

That guy created the current Barca in 2003, 2004 and 2005, when he bought Rijkaard, Ronnie, Etoo, Deco and all other players.

You seem to remember only his sins.
Have you been here in Gaspart's era?

If you did, you would have appreciated Laporta much more, after 6 years of horrible misery.
Without Laporta, we would never have won 3 CLs in the last 10 years.

Imagine if these clowns were in charge from 2003.
Do you think that they would create the biggest team in the world our of nothing (in 2003)?
Lol.

I don't think so.

:mou:

Dinho and Deco were Sandro's transfers... not sure about Eto'o
Dinho never would have been a Barça player without Sandro.

Rijkaard wasn't key.

The remain was La Masia and not disgustig Laporta or slouch Txiki

We reduced debt until Sandro left, then Laporta and his men went crazy.
Together they were a quite good duo but Laporta alone isn't much better than Gaspart.
Hopefully Laporta has some fun with Maria Lapiedra and won't come back to Barça!

Last edited:

Qqqq

Rijkaard wasn't key.

Together they were a quite good duo but Laporta alone isn't much better than Gaspart.
Hopefully Laporta has some fun with Maria Lapiedra and won't come back to Barça!

Wow. Bullshit.

JamDav1982

The only player Sandro helped with bringing was Ronaldinho using his Nike contacts.

Think it was more the case that it was through Nike that Ronaldinho and Rossel knew one another from before.

They were friends by the point the new board came in 2003 and Ronaldinho agreed to go to Barca partly for that reason.

More to do with personal relationship of the two than use of Nike contacts as far as I am aware.

khaled_a_d

laporta(24).jpg

How long have you been watching Barca?we were literally on our way to be the current Liverpool if it wasn't for Laporta
He brought R10,Eto'o,Deco,Marquez,Giuly, Henry and the list goes on to the team through Bargain deals .he brought 2 Barca coaches who was ranked among top 3 coaches in our history

We were in a way more disastrous financial situation when he came in than when he left .again we went from being the next Liverpool/Lazio to the biggest club in the world .he is the one who brought Rijkaard ,Pep to coach 1st team and groomed Lucho to follow Pep

Rijkaard wasn't key.

Deco wasn't by any means Rossel transfer ,R10 wasn't even his choice ,he was just the board member responsible during the negotiation .that happened in every big transfer that a board member negotiate it .that is like saying Neymar isn't Rossel signing b/c he wasn't the one negotiating it
Rijkaard wasn't key. is one of the most idiotic things i've ever read .he was more than key
And who did you think improved La Masia?who did sign Busquets,Pedro as prospect? they were brought during Laporta's era who worked hard to improve La masia

Icarium

Lifestealer
It is true that sandro is leaving barca in much better financial state than laporta but the damage done in other areas is too much. At least laporta did not damage the club image. Ronnie is majorly rosell signing, I don't think laporta had anything to do with it. We may hate his shady nike and Brazilian connections but because of those connections only we got Ronnie and ultimately a CL after long time.

Personally I prefer laporta with some business minded person as his assistant. Laporta alone cant run the club he might drive the club to huge debts. Any other good candidates?

Bertus

According to the spanish media Don Balon, RM is doing everything it can to disrupt a transfer of Pogba to Barcelona.

• - Perez doesn't want Pogba to end up in Barcelona.
  • - He's currently doing all he can to improve his contacts with Raiola.
  • - He uses Zidane a lot to promote RM.
  • - Perez accepts all wage demands from Raiola, because he knows Barcelona can't accept.
  • - Yet Perez is not aiming for Pogba in reality.
  • - Perez wants Barcelona to give up, and Pogba to join PSG.

Given the news from AS (check verratti's thread), we all know why Perez wants PSG to sign Pogba.

Icarium

Lifestealer
Laporta era is much much better than gaspart era. Rosell overall is as dark as gaspart but at least we won some trophies.

Home of Barca Fans