Paul Pogba

Vlom

Previously known as Mehssi
[MENTION=15376]DonAK[/MENTION] , by vestuary harmony I meant that breaking the wages structures for him will probably make some players feel weird/bad, which would be totally understandable.

So either we make some current key players unhappy and don't care, or we'd have to up everyone's wages .. loose loose situation.

gatsu

Looks like Barto wants to leave some serious deep shit for the next president, Pogba will be his last poisoned chalice.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
@DonAK , by vestuary harmony I meant that breaking the wages structures for him will probably make some players feel weird/bad, which would be totally understandable.

So either we make some current key players unhappy and don't care, or we'd have to up everyone's wages .. loose loose situation.

A wage down to 8m would be a good deal. If Pogba does very well for us then we can sit down and discuss terms again in 2-3 years.

Vlom

Previously known as Mehssi
A wage down to 8m would be a good deal. If Pogba does very well for us then we can sit down and discuss terms again in 2-3 years.

If he accepts to be at the same level as Iniesta (I believe it's still under messi, ney and suarez) then OK, but I have to admit, that my reflection comes from me not rating him anywhere near these crazy numbers being talked about.

I'd be completely happy with Gundogan+Kovacic instead of him.

barcanuck

Typical Italian pricing. Guy is worth 40 million at best but they ask double knowing we want him. If we pay that we are stupid but a lot should depend on the new president.

Jombi

Another factor is what happens to Iniesta? He is still only 31 and Pogba will play all the time if he comes because of the price tag. I think it is better to go for a player that will be benched every now and then for a legend like Iniesta.

BBZ8800

Typical Italian pricing. Guy is worth 40 million at best but they ask double knowing we want him. If we pay that we are stupid but a lot should depend on the new president.

Barto will probably buy him regardless of the elections outcome.
That is the problem.

He will close the deal before the elections.
Plus, he is desperate, he will do anything.
And, he is a fraud.

When you sum everything, Pogba to Barca is 90% a done deal.
For 100-ish Millions, of course.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
Another factor is what happens to Iniesta? He is still only 31 and Pogba will play all the time if he comes because of the price tag. I think it is better to go for a player that will be benched every now and then for a legend like Iniesta.

Pogba won't come until 2016 if we buy him.

F

Flavia

Pogba wouldn't arrive before June 2016, Iniesta would be 32.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
Pogba wouldn't arrive before June 2016, Iniesta would be 32.

I hope he has a monster of a European Championship then. It'd put a lot of our fears to rest. Similar to how Neymar took the Confederations Cup by storm in the summer he moved to us.

Hamzah

High Definition Member
He easily worth more than 40 million. No doubts about that, he is approaching world class levels. People are just concerned he might be the wrong fit tactically and also they like going for cheaper players.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
If he accepts to be at the same level as Iniesta (I believe it's still under messi, ney and suarez) then OK, but I have to admit, that my reflection comes from me not rating him anywhere near these crazy numbers being talked about.

I'd be completely happy with Gundogan+Kovacic instead of him.

Iniesta is on more than 9m.

Last edited:

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
He easily worth more than 40 million. No doubts about that, he is approaching world class levels. People are just concerned he might be the wrong fit tactically and also they like going for cheaper players.

They're opting to go for the less risky options (financially).

I'm willing to bet we get two midfielders in 2016. The youngsters will get a chance to show what they've got until January. A player will come in January. And a player (Pogba) will come in summer.

Jombi

But sporting wise Pogba is a huge risk because there is no way he will be benched if he doesnt perform in the first few months, unlike a lower profile, cheaper player with less star status. So Pogba can really mess up a lot if he doesnt do well.

Home of Barca Fans