Paul Pogba

Jombi

The risk is very big and the price is outrageous, but he is a very good player, and the silver lining is that he does provide goals from midfield, unlike Iniesta.

BBZ8800

Nah, he can wait to "showcase" his skills until next season and Euro 16.

I don't believe in that part about 2016.

If we are signing him, he will either come here in summer 2015 and only train with us, or he will come in January 2016.

Coming in summer 2016, imo, doesn't make sense.
1. Barto will make the deal
2. Barto will probably lose the elections
3. Barto needs a deal, and he needs to make it fast
4. making an agreement now, in summer 2015, losing the elections after that, maybe getting a jail sentence, and then getting our player (with a new board) in a summer 2016=just doesn't make too much sense

If Pogba will come in 2016, well, that will be a deal done by the new board, and that is far, far away.

So, imo, if Barto will sign Pogba, there is no way that Pogba will come in summer 2016, no matter what Pogba, his agent, Juventus or any media are saying.

BBZ8800

Some good news for Pogba haters:

[tw]605088733210284032[/tw]

That means nothing.
The same was with Neymar's saga, Beckham's saga or Cesc's saga.

I remember in 2003, when both we and Real wanted to buy Beckham, news were changing daily, and they were going in circles for 3 Months until finally Real bought him.

Something like this:
Monday: Beckham to join Real Madrid
Tuesday: Beckham rejected Real Madrid and agreed terms with Barca
Wednesday: Real again in the pole position for Beckham
Thursday: Beckham says that he has not chosen his new club yet
Friday: Sources close to Manchester claims that Beckham met with Barca'a agents yesterday and the deal is almost done
Saturday: Beckham hasn't signed any contract yet, and hasn't talked with any club
Sunday: Alex Ferguson says that Beckham will stay, that he is an important player and that they will build a team around him. No way that they will sell him.
(They do that to raise the price)

-- and now multiply/copy-paste/repeat those news for 3-4 Months, going in circles:
-- selling club will claim all the time that they are not selling and that they count on a player=in order to raise his price (because they aren't in a hurry to sell, so yo can ask for more money)
-- on the other hand, 2-3 teams fighting for a player will be interchanging on pole positions each day
-- plus, over time, Barca and other clubs will start to say: we are not interesting and we are looking at other options (for example, we will be heavily linked with some other 50-80 Million signings, in order to show that we are not desperate and that we don't need a player and that we won't be paying silly amounts. But that is just a lie, to lower Pogba's price)

The same happened with Ney (one day he was going to Barca, the 2nd day to Real, the 3rd day to Bayern etc).

So, there is no need to believe in these stories.
One day we will hold the meetings with his agents, on the 2nd day it will be Real or Psg, on the 3rd day Pogba will not be for sale.
And then, we will just buy him one day for 100 Millions.

Further, imo, he will go only to top clubs like Barca or Real
-- Real doesn't want him currently, apparently
-- Man. City is not attractive enough for him
-- and imo, Psg is not big enough for him

So, at the end of the day, only Barca remains.
Barto is an idiot and he will try to win the elections with desperate moves.
Juve knows that and they are playing mind games now.

I just don't see how we can "avoid" Pogba and run away from that transfer.
Only if someone slaps Barto, but that is impossible.

That's it.
100 Millions Pogba and 10M in wages it is... :cry:

Last edited:

Ghostmaster

Danger Ahead
So, there is no need to believe in these stories.

And yet you believe that he definitely will arrive at Barca for 100M, with wages as high as Messi's:lol:

Elections will be in July 29th if I am not mistaken, so Barto has about 1,5 month to pull this off, will be interesting to see what happens.

BBZ8800

And yet you believe that he definitely will arrive at Barca for 100M, with wages as high as Messi's:lol:
Election will be in July 29th if I am not mistaken, so Barto has about 1,5 month to pull this off, will be interesting to see what happens.

Ok, you are right about that part.
We believe in what we read in papers.

100M may be bullshit, the same as with wages.
But on the other hand:
1. Juve knows that we paid 100-ish M for Neymar and that we paid 15-20M in wages to Ney and his dad, yearly, haven't we?
2. Also, Juve knows that we paid 80-ish Millions for not-too-young Suarez last summer.
3. transfer market inflated even further since Ney's and Su's transfers

If you were Juventus, there is no logical reason to accept anything lower than 90-100M, isn't it?
And again, Juve KNOWS that Barca (aka Barto) will accept anything because he is desperate to make a big name signing before the elections and keeps his position.

So, yes, there is a lot of bullshit in everything, but when you sum all factors from all sides, everything indicates that:
1. Pogba is available for sale
2. Barca and some teams wants him
3. Barca is the biggest team out of interested teams
4. Barca's current president is desperate
5. Juve knows that, Pogba knows that, Pogba's agent knows that

Pogba is a new Neymar.
I just don't see how we can avoid this transfer.

** One more thing, in 2000 and 2003 club's presidents weren't as retarded as today.
Back then, contracts before the elections were something like:
1. if a candidate XX wins the elections=we will make a transfer
2. if a candidate XX loses the elections=the transfer is cancelled

But today, presidents are selfish idiots.
Barto will sign the player, no matter if he wins the elections or not.
(Laporta did the same crap with Villa, in 2010, it has to be said).

I don't know why are they doing this selfish crap lately.

Ghostmaster

Danger Ahead
[MENTION=16942]BBZ8800[/MENTION] You are right, there are clear indications that we are in pole position for signing him, one of them is Braida being good friends with Moratta, but there are two huge obstacles:

a. Transfer ban, being cup-tied and all complications related to that, I think that Danilo chose RM because of our transfer ban.
b. Barca don't have Juve's asking price of 100M, we will have to sell Pedro, Song, Deulofeu to gather that sum and don't buy anyone for RB position.

Last edited:

BBZ8800

[MENTION=16942]BBZ8800[/MENTION] You are right there are clear indications that we are in pole position for signing him, one of them is Braida who is good friend of Moratta, but there are two huge obstacles:

a. Transfer ban, being cup-tied and all complications related to that, I think that Danilo chose RM because of our transfer ban.
b. Barca don't have asking price of 100M, we will have to sell Pedro, Song, Deulofeu to gather that sum and don't buy anyone for RB position.

Again, you are right.

But, once again, you are a sane person.
You know all the cons of this transfer, like:
1. whether we need a new player if we will win a treble? Where he will play at all?
2. too huge transfer fee
3. too high wages that will cause problems in the dressing room
4. Pogba being cup-tied or at least unavailable till January in all competitions
5. we will get a new board (and a coach?) with new financial/footballing plans

So, you see, a sane person would say: Stop, calm down, let's see what a winner of elections wants, let's see do we have enough of money and does this transfer make sense in general?

On the other hand, our president is this guy: :clown:

Rosell and him did 100s of stupid and illegal things, carring not too much for the club in general, for fair play, laws and the good image of the club.

So, don't ask yourself: what a normal person would do in this position.
Ask yourself: what would a :clown: do in this position?

This is why I say:
= we will surely buy a 100M Pogba and he will get insane wages :facepalm:

Kohe321

Anyone else a bit worried about a potential clash of personalities between Lucho and Pogba? I don't know, Lucho as a coach is a leader of few words, and he demands a good attitude, good work rate, a humle attitude and no BS from his players. Pogba's story from ManU and how he got on edge with Ferguson combined with these insane wage demands he's apparently fine with his agent pushing doesn't exactly make him out to be the most humble young player in the world.

I'd hate to see another clash between coach and player like there was between Ibrahimovic and Pep. Problem is that if you buy a player for 80-100m there is an immense pressure on the coach to play him, which gives the player a lot power that could end up undermining the decisions the coach thinks is best for the team, and make the player basically unmanagable without ruining the atmosphere in the team.

To be completely honest, this Pogba transfer seems extremely risky to me. I'd much rather go for Kovacic, whom I've gotten the impression of as a hard working player with a good attitude, and a potential skill ceiling as high as Pogba. And he would come for, what, 20-30m?

B

Batman

If Gundogan signs with Bayern then we have to get Pogba. That's it

People complaining about money, Pogba one of the most upcoming marketable players in the world. Global marketing and commercial income will cover the amount we spend on Pogba in no time. People have to consider how much money Pogba will generate for the club when complaining his salary will be above players like Iniesta. but this isn't the main reason we want him. He is simply going to be the best MF in the world for the next decade.

Last edited:

MaxY

Devil May Cry
If Gundogan signs with Bayern then we have to get Pogba. That's it

People complaining about money, Pogba one of the most upcoming marketable players in the world. Global marketing and commercial income will cover the amount we spend on Pogba in no time. People have to consider how much money Pogba will generate for the club when complaining his salary will be above players like Iniesta. but this isn't the main reason we want him. He is simply going to be the best MF in the world for the next decade.
Says who? Plenty of players have a similar or a bigger chance to be better than him. Verratti,Kovačić and you said the next decade. Who knows how many Pogbas will emerge over the next few years,yet alone a decade. He isn't exactly a unique player that comes along rarely like Messi,CR7 etc.

Home of Barca Fans