Paul Pogba

Jombi

Well, thats a bit like watching Masche in midfield. Crunching, physical tackles look good on the TV and people will scream that he is a beast, but we are about fluid and swift passing. That's why Masche looks so misplaced in our midfield even though ppl are more impressed by winning physical duels than a simple interception which can start a counter attack.

I am not saying that Pogba doesnt have more to his midfield game than what he showed today though. He is definitely a much better attacker than Masche can ever be of course.

Trickykid

But what exactly did he do that was so good? He was just average. He let Rakitic slip through on our first goal, leaving him unmarked. His passing was also average.
First and foremost of course his absurd physical presence. He showed glimpses of brilliant ball control and his passing wasn't bad at all. It's hard to articulate, but he just seems to have it. Quality.

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
But what exactly did he do that was so good? He was just average. He let Rakitic slip through on our first goal, leaving him unmarked. His passing was also average.

I'm not denying some of what you argue here. Pogba is clearly a completely different player than Verratti who has better vision, decision making and passing. But Pogba does other stuff better than Veratti - his speed and strength are just amazing, and he's definitely not shabby at dribbling, passing etc.

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
First and foremost of course his absurd physical presence. He showed glimpses of brilliant ball control and his passing wasn't bad at all. It's hard to articulate, but he just seems to have it. Quality.

Agree, just a level over mere mortals. One extra gear.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
He stood out physically today, winning a vast majority of his duels. Pretty good performance, by no means a "special" one though. He wasn't particularly threatening in attack/creativity nor influential in buildup (44 touches in the entire match) but he played his part and really helped his team.

He looked like creating something every time he ventured forward and also created a couple of good chances. Besides, his role doesn't lie in the build-up (which he does well with France btw). With Pirlo gone he might get it though if he stays.

Jombi

Well, Iniesta and Rakitic definitely was the two best midfielders today, by far, I think we can all agree on that.

I am not totally against Pogba coming, I think he can rotate with Iniesta and Rakitic, but I would rather have Kovacic instead of the absurd price Pogba is rumoured to go for. Kova would be less of a risk in our team in terms of his core qualities (passing and vision). Pogba's qualities of pace and strength and long shots are not really what we are about. But who knows if he will fit or not.

khaled_a_d

Well, Iniesta and Rakitic definitely was the two best midfielders today, by far, I think we can all agree on that.

Vidal,Pirlo and Marchisio didn't have their best game while our top 3 players was probably our midfield trio .Pogba had to play in a midfield that wasn't functioning well while our midfield trio made life easier for each other,Iniesta after all is a game legend and he has been playing really well in the CL this year despite struggling in the domestic competition (in comparison to his standards) ,Busquets are the best DM in the world and Rakitic is just gr8 player.he faced the best group of midfield player he would probably ever face and he did well at the age of 22

GOAT_SUAREZ

Dude is legit.

We should try and grab him before RM will.

Imagine a midfield of Rakitic Busquets and Pogba with a bench of Denis Suarez, Iniesta, Rafinha and Samper/Roberto. Pogba should be the target concerning midfield.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
CG2rZcrWcAAcvjc.jpg

cule19

Reminds me a lot of Yaya Touré. Really wish we could sign him although he's not the creative midfielder we need.

Home of Barca Fans