Paul Pogba

Jombi

I think his potential level is more like Yaya Toure. Zidane is a serious, serious stretch. Pogba's attacking skills are based on pace and strength, not really vision, technique and finesse.

Trickykid

I think his potential level is more like Yaya Toure. Zidane is a serious, serious stretch. Pogba's attacking skills are based on pace and strength, not really vision, technique and finesse.

I haven't seen enough of him to judge his vision, but I absolutely don't get how you can claim his attacking skills aren't also based on technique and finesse. That's what I find so fascinating about him - the way he combines raw power with sublime technical skills.

Jombi

I haven't seen enough of him to judge his vision, but I absolutely don't get how you can claim his attacking skills aren't also based on technique and finesse. That's what I find so fascinating about him - the way he combines raw power with sublime technical skills.

Yeah, he might become as good as Yaya Toure, who of course had good technique and dribbling skills, but these players base their main attacking skills from their physique, unlike other players like Zidane, Iniesta, Xavi. What would Pogba be with average pace and physique?

BBZ8800

It was discussed on previous pages.

People who don't want us to sign Pogba think that he isn't exactly the type of player whom we need.
He is more similar to Rakitic than Iniesta, in our current midfield.

Further, a midfield consisted of Raki+Pogba would lack some vision/movement/Barca's Dna compared to Xavi+Iniesta duo or Iniesta-Rakitic, for example.
And while we have moved away from Tiki-Taka, we still use a similar kind of football a lot, and we still have 60-70% Possession on 90% of matches.

Further, if we buy Pogba, people think that he can play instead of Raki, not alongside Raki.

About Pogba's particular skills, some of us are concerned about his movement/shortpassing/vision game (when we have Possession) in terms of Busi/Xavi/Iniesta.
Yes, maybe he can learn that, maybe he can't.

He is an awesome player, but some of us are sceptical whether he would be a better choice than some tailor-made Barca's type of Mc-Amc (Iniesta's type) like Isco, Kovacic and similar.

For 90% of teams in the world, Pogba is the best player whom you can buy.
For Barca, that is a much more complicated question.

On top of everything, people are concerned about 100M fee, and huge wage demands, since our other players would then rightly ask for bigger salaries also.

DrPepper

Agree. People saying that he was physically dominant last night have to keep in mind that he was up against the likes of Iniesta, Rakitic, Dani Alves and Busquets who aren't physical at all.

Furthermore, the notion that our football is much more direct is vastly exaggerated. Against top teams definitely, but I can already see people complaining about his lack of technical ability to control a game when we struggle to break down airbuses.

serghei

Pogba - Busquets - Rakitic would be a monster midfield for 4-5 years. We should go for it for up to 80m and 10m per year max.

Jombi

Yeah, I can see ppl complaining about his clumsiness and lack of solutions against parked buses. People cussing at him for his long shot efforts from 40 yards and demanding that we sign Lucas Lima from Santos.

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
He also deserves a lot of credit for the marking he did on Messi yesterday. Kept him quiet for most of the game. If you watch our first goal, then you should see that Pogba is busy marking Messi and not at all to blame for that one as someone managed to write here earlier. Whatever their defenders were doing there isn't on Pogba.

DrPepper

He also deserves a lot of credit for the marking he did on Messi yesterday. Kept him quiet for most of the game. If you watch our first goal, then you should see that Pogba is busy marking Messi and not at all to blame for that one as someone managed to write here earlier. Whatever their defenders were doing there isn't on Pogba.

pogbavrakiticr7r52.jpg

He was marking Rakitic but lost him in the end. The goal is not his fault alone but he could've prevented it.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Seriously. If we're gonna nitpick then I can find pictures of Verratti and Gundogan losing their markers too. You don't like him, fine. You don't want him, fine. You're entitled to do so, but atleast stop with these stupid things because it's embarrasing. :lol:

'He lost his marker who scored so we shouldn't get him'.

Yeah as if other midfielders are immortals and don't do the same sometimes.

DrPepper

'He lost his marker who scored so we shouldn't get him'.

Where did I say that? Please stop claiming stupid things as such. This has no bearing at all on whether I want him here or not since I didn't draw any conclusions from him losing his marker and didn't even say that he was reponsible for the goal.

I'm just disproving the following statement which isn't true at all shown by the pictures.

If you watch our first goal, then you should see that Pogba is busy marking Messi

Do you really agree with that, DonAK?

Home of Barca Fans