Paul Pogba

frog-fcb

Iniesta is 31
And while his recent performance made people forget about it but he has been on a steady decline for 2 seasons now.his days"or seasons to be more accurate" as a Barca starters are numbered and we need to stop pretending otherwise
S.Roberto has been a failure in CM and if it wasn't for pushing him for DM everyone would have wanted him out.Rafinha has been showing glimpses of being good ,but he is as old as Pogba and the difference in talent between the 2 is huge .Samper has regressed this year with barca B and Halilovic has showed potential but still far from Barca level
There are are too many "IF" to say we are set in midfield .we are set IF Iniesta continue his recent performance for 2-3 years .and IF Rafinha step up quickly and IF one our other youth(D.Suarez,Halilovic,Samper) stepped up too in one of the CM/AM role (remember till now Samper is DM)
Those are big if and a club like Barca can't built his team on just hopes of youngsters making sudden leap in form

Id say if our youth players all got more minutes they qould all be vastly improved and with iniesta now as our first choice captain and an absolute legend to the whole of spain i can see it being a hard job to drop him yes he might be on the decline a bit but his level is still up there with the best an he cam still have a few more years in him. Rakitic for me has been our best midfielder this season always giving his all on the pitch so i cant really see him being the one dropped for pogba either. And with the supposed price tag and wages pogba is looking i cant see lucho being able to leave him on the bench nor pogba like raki and iniesta being happy with it . If it was up to me i would be looking to bring in maybe two or three players for the cost of pogba to provide competition and add to the options to step into iniestas role over the next few seasons and currently be content with a bit part role

khaled_a_d

Id say if our youth players all got more minutes they qould all be vastly improved and with iniesta now as our first choice captain and an absolute legend to the whole of spain i can see it being a hard job to drop him yes he might be on the decline a bit but his level is still up there with the best an he cam still have a few more years in him. Rakitic for me has been our best midfielder this season always giving his all on the pitch so i cant really see him being the one dropped for pogba either. And with the supposed price tag and wages pogba is looking i cant see lucho being able to leave him on the bench nor pogba like raki and iniesta being happy with it . If it was up to me i would be looking to bring in maybe two or three players for the cost of pogba to provide competition and add to the options to step into iniestas role over the next few seasons and currently be content with a bit part role

Xavi is as big of figure to the club and NT as Iniesta and even bigger and he was dropped from starting XI this season and he was sure not a good starter in 13/14 season and one might argue in 12/13 season too (specially in CL) and he was late bloomer and those last longer
Iniesta will be starter next season with the ban ,but the season after it is more than possible that he would be dropped from starting line up and get a 14/15 Xavi type of role .
I would wait and not sign anyone until next summer or at least January considering no one will come this summer so no need to tie the club with a player until we see how our youngster develop
As for signing 2 or 3 players ,we need 1 really good player .this is Barca and we don't build our team with 3 or 5 good signings but by getting the best players who fit into the team .we aren't Liverpool or Tottenham to think with "we can get 3 for the price of 1" mentality

Jombi

Xavi is as big of figure to the club and NT as Iniesta and even bigger and he was dropped from starting XI this season and he was sure not a good starter in 13/14 season and one might argue in 12/13 season too (specially in CL) and he was late bloomer and those last longer
Iniesta will be starter next season with the ban ,but the season after it is more than possible that he would be dropped from starting line up and get a 14/15 Xavi type of role .
I would wait and not sign anyone until next summer or at least January considering no one will come this summer so no need to tie the club with a player until we see how our youngster develop
As for signing 2 or 3 players ,we need 1 really good player .this is Barca and we don't build our team with 3 or 5 good signings but by getting the best players who fit into the team .we aren't Liverpool or Tottenham to think with "we can get 3 for the price of 1" mentality

Always buying the superstars is not really the Barca way. Sometimes buying superstars like Suarez or Ibra. But we got Vermaelen, Mathieu and Douglas. Or we buy Song, we buy Adriano, or Keita or whatever. None of those were considered world class and the best in the world.

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
Benedito (presidential candidate): "I talked with Juve president Agnelli and Pogba. They ask 80M transfer fee and 12m net salary." [8tv]

Lol, 12m... Time to get off this hype.

Ini8

¡Gr?*cies Xavi!
€80m is fine, but a salary of €12m a year is excessive. I doubt we'll get him if the Fat Rat doesn't lower the demands.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Yeah, 12m net salary is the deal breaker. 12m net means what, 20m gross in Spain or something? Other than Messi, Ronaldo, anybody else earns that much?

khaled_a_d

Real Madrid is also jumping into the fray, confirmed by Zidane.

Zidane is the only one who ever said they want Pogba ,and it seems to me he is the one who is actually pushing the board to get him as he is one of his personal favorite player .I don't know if he has enough influence though to push for such mega deal

Yeah, 12m net salary is the deal breaker. 12m net means what, 20m gross in Spain or something? Other than Messi, Ronaldo, anybody else earns that much?

In Neymar new deal he gets same figure according to sport

Home of Barca Fans