Paul Pogba

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
I dont think Pogba is that marketable and will bring that much revenue to the club. He is a good player but it requires something special to be really marketable. Xavi was a much better player than Pogba will ever be, and Xavi wasnt really that marketable. Or take a player like Eto'o. World class striker for us for many years, but I dont think he brought that much marketing revenue to the club.

He is far more marketable than any other midfielder out there right now. Apart from the big guns.

Jombi

That's a speculative list IMO. They are basing it on how good and dominant they think he will be and stuff like awards for best player in Italy? I am skeptical. On lists I've seen of which players have the best commercial deals, Pogba is nowhere to be seen.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
The biggst problem for Pogba is that another company got his image rights deal. Something related to his old agent so they f up big time there. He need to get his image rights ASAP.

khaled_a_d

I dont think Pogba is that marketable and will bring that much revenue to the club. He is a good player but it requires something special to be really marketable. Xavi was a much better player than Pogba will ever be, and Xavi wasnt really that marketable. Or take a player like Eto'o. World class striker for us for many years, but I dont think he brought that much marketing revenue to the club.

He is the most popular player and probably the best player in the French NT .a top 3 economics in Europe and this can help in making him very marketable

Ini8

¡Gr?*cies Xavi!
That's a speculative list IMO. They are basing it on how good and dominant they think he will be and stuff like awards for best player in Italy? I am skeptical. On lists I've seen of which players have the best commercial deals, Pogba is nowhere to be seen.

One of the reasons for that might be due to him playing in Italy. The Serie A doesn't have the same exposure as PL or La Liga. I'm sure he will pop up in those lists if he moves to England or Spain.

Jombi

He is the most popular player and probably the best player in the French NT .a top 3 economics in Europe and this can help in making him very marketable

Probably a big part of the reason why clubs are so interested in him is the market appeal of him being the star of France that will host the Euros in 2016. There is a big risk here though. France can easily flop badly, but I guess the marketing appeal is real.

Topolino

Gemusesuppe
Are you serious? You can question if he's the right fit for the way we play, but from a marketing perspective? He's a young, good looking guy with an ever-changing hair style who's already a superstar at the age of 22. He'd sell warehouses of shirts.

So you are telling me that when we have Messi, Neymar and Suarez in the team, Pogba would add to the shirt sales?

MaxY

Devil May Cry
I don't really get this Pogba-will-sell-zillions-of-shirts hype.

I can understand Messi selling shirts because he is the best player ever.
I can understand Cr7's hype, he is handsome, popular, a good player, really marketable as a model, surrounded by girls all the time.
Neymar is something similar like Cr7, handsome, popular, ladies love him, plus he comes from Brasil, and more or less the whole country adores him.
Neymar and Cr7 are type of Hollywood-ish celebrities, on and off the field.

But Pogba? I seriously don't get the comparisons.
Ok, he is a good player, but nowhere near to the level of Messi, Cr7, Neymar.
Also, imo, he isn't that handsome, THAT attractive to big brands as Neymar or Cr7.
Plus, he he isn't that famous in high-life surroundings like Beckham, Cr7 or Neymar.

I see Pogba more like some Balotelli, James or Hazard, as some 2nd tier celebrity at best.

The same as how his footballing abilities are overhyped, it seems that people are also overhyping a lot his marketing abilities, imo.

James is a 2nd tier celebrity at best and you're putting him in the same group as Balotelli ? I want whatever you're smoking. James is marketable as hell, he has a marketable face,popular and the star of Colombia and the latest world cup. He's definitely 1st tier , he's most likely in top 5 most marketable players atm.

Home of Barca Fans