Paul Pogba

DrPepper

just pay 30 million for ramsey. i am sure, he will turn out to be better for OUR team, OUR brand.

lel. I'd rather pay the rumored 100M + 12M net for Pogba than buy Ramsey tbh. Another injury prone, overrated Arsenal player who's had one good season but nothing more. At least his reputation doesn't come from one good match 5 years ago like his buddy Wilshere, but that's it.

There are certainly better alternatives for the same amount of money. Even the likes of Coutinho or Eriksen should be preferred to him.

Topolino

Gemusesuppe
Rather risk it with Eriksen, Coutinho, Xhaka, Gündogan, Kovacic.. I mean... Pogba is a risk, but he's a damn expensive one, and he won't be adding much to the shirt sales imho. I'd rather try these, but that's just me... all are risks, all transfers are, but you know... not as expensive.

BenRobbins

[tw]<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">[Picture] United new boy Memphis Depay on holiday with former red, Paul Pogba. <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/MUFC?src=hash">#MUFC</a> <a href="http://t.co/UoW841zv1g">pic.twitter.com/UoW841zv1g</a></p>— RedMancunian (@RedMancunian) <a href="https://twitter.com/RedMancunian/status/610697668634013696">June 16, 2015</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>[/tw]

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
It would be a continuation of a disastrous transfer policy to pursue yet another galactico in 3 successive seasons...Great talent but we should move on to a more sensible midfield target

Butaan4barca

well according to barcastuff verratti is our second option after pogba..

LOL. i would pay 100 million for verrati, instead of paying 80 m for pogba

Xavinho

Pogba is a risk, but he's a damn expensive one, and he won't be adding much to the shirt sales imho.

Are you serious? You can question if he's the right fit for the way we play, but from a marketing perspective? He's a young, good looking guy with an ever-changing hair style who's already a superstar at the age of 22. He'd sell warehouses of shirts.

BBZ8800

Are you serious? You can question if he's the right fit for the way we play, but from a marketing perspective? He's a young, good looking guy with an ever-changing hair style who's already a superstar at the age of 22. He'd sell warehouses of shirts.

I don't really get this Pogba-will-sell-zillions-of-shirts hype.

I can understand Messi selling shirts because he is the best player ever.
I can understand Cr7's hype, he is handsome, popular, a good player, really marketable as a model, surrounded by girls all the time.
Neymar is something similar like Cr7, handsome, popular, ladies love him, plus he comes from Brasil, and more or less the whole country adores him.
Neymar and Cr7 are type of Hollywood-ish celebrities, on and off the field.

But Pogba? I seriously don't get the comparisons.
Ok, he is a good player, but nowhere near to the level of Messi, Cr7, Neymar.
Also, imo, he isn't that handsome, THAT attractive to big brands as Neymar or Cr7.
Plus, he he isn't that famous in high-life surroundings like Beckham, Cr7 or Neymar.

I see Pogba more like some Balotelli, James or Hazard, as some 2nd tier celebrity at best.

The same as how his footballing abilities are overhyped, it seems that people are also overhyping a lot his marketing abilities, imo.

Last edited:

Jombi

I dont think Pogba is that marketable and will bring that much revenue to the club. He is a good player but it requires something special to be really marketable. Xavi was a much better player than Pogba will ever be, and Xavi wasnt really that marketable. Or take a player like Eto'o. World class striker for us for many years, but I dont think he brought that much marketing revenue to the club.

Home of Barca Fans