Paul Pogba

Vegeta

But Masche is actually a starter for us while Yaya would not have been one.

Would it have been insane to play a different formation, had Yaya Toure played in a 4-man midfield + Messi as False 9?

Imagine that Ibrahimovic never came and we sold Eto'o. And Pep's tactical vision made me play with 4 midfielders (Busquets, Yaya, Xavi, Iniesta), with Messi playing perhaps more to the left off center, with Iniesta acting as a sort of wide midfield playmaker and Alves providing the width on the right side, but with more CMs to work with instead of an overlapping winger/wide forward. And we could have even tried playing Messi in a more advanced free role with him freely drifting into midfield or not, with Yaya as an attacking pivot. He did that job admirably at City, no reason he couldn't do it at Barca with much, much better support through Xavi, Iniesta, Busquets, while feeding and receiving the support of the best player ever in Messi.

Yaya back then is like Pogba matured into a world-class midfielder with even more power, perhaps less refined technique.

Xavinho

- It was Pogba's decision to leave Man Utd.

And his move was facilitated by Raiola. He found a club where his client got playing time and developed into a star player, so it didn't only serve Raiola's interests. Pogba and Juventus have done very well out of the situation.

i wouldn't say the move worked well for Yaya.

I'd say it worked very well for Yaya. He wanted playing time and he moved to a title winning club where he was an undisputed starter. He wouldn't have been content rotating with Xavi, Busi, and Iniesta. So, I'm happy for him, I'm happy with the money we got, and I'm sure City are happy to have had such a great player.

Aryagorn said:
But that batsard Seluk is a pig I am telling you

Oh I'm certainly not claiming guys like Raiola and Seluk are good people. Not saying that at all. I'm just disputing the idea they only do things that are in their own interests.

DrPepper

But Masche is actually a starter for us while Yaya would not have been one.

Yaya looked good whenever he was playing at CB for us. The CL final in Rome comes to mind. Considering Mascherano was converted to a permanent CB due to lack of alternatives, maybe Toure would've gone the same path had he stayed with us.

ceefoo

Oh I'm certainly not claiming guys like Raiola and Seluk are good people. Not saying that at all. I'm just disputing the idea they only do things that are in their own interests.
He is primarily serving his own interests. You just admitted that he and Seluk are not good people. He has not chosen to be a 'Super Agent' out of the goodness of his heart or cos he wants to give something back to the game. They want to rinse every penny they can out of the clubs, and if that means constantly moving their clients on to different clubs so they can 'get their cut', then they'll do it without conscience.

That is what an opportunistic, shyster does.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Di Marzio saying Laporta want to sign Pogba too and will meet Raiola very soon.

Laporta got a better relationship or more of a diplomatic relationship with football agents like Raiola so hopefully a possible deal would involve no 12m net salary.

Abidal on his team to convince Pogba too which I think is a great card to have.

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
The day Laporta can promise a player like Pogba, they might as well end the elections. Such a hyped player would make the voters piss their pants with excitement, and I'm not even sure I like it.

Barcafan 2304

Di Marzio saying Laporta want to sign Pogba too and will meet Raiola very soon.

Laporta got a better relationship or more of a diplomatic relationship with football agents like Raiola so hopefully a possible deal would involve no 12m net salary.

Abidal on his team to convince Pogba too which I think is a great card to have.

Would he fit in to Barca though? Not convinced

Home of Barca Fans