Paul Pogba

khaled_a_d

What you say could happen, but it would be a mistake. Next summer we have to buy at least 2 young and great players. A CB and a CM. It is about time we start thinking about the future in a more serious manner. After Neymar, we didn't sign any good player under the age of 27 (almost 28) years old. Not very good. I don't think we should panic, but a move in the market is required next summer imo.

We did sign Rakitic though, forgot about him, but still, we need players close to 24 years old, just mature enough to be able to absorb the pressure and adapt very quickly.

I agree with your points .I've been saying that for sometime we need good players between 23-25 years of age and currently the only one we have is Neymar .others are clear bench players like Bartra/MATS/Rafinha etc

serghei

I agree with your points .I've been saying that for sometime we need good players between 23-25 years of age and currently the only one we have is Neymar .others are clear bench players like Bartra/MATS/Rafinha etc

Exactly. If the staff doesn't see Masia based players as being an option (and the truth is neither of them is able to step in at this point), we should look to sign players between 20-21 and 25 years old. We have several internal (as in La Liga) options, in Laporte, Gimenez, Torres, Gaya and others. Or we have other solutions in Gundogan, Pogba (although I'm starting to think it's better if we stay out of this, since it seems like Pogba, his agent and Juventus all live in "la la" land), maybe even Pjanic. Anyway, the more I think about it, the more I think paying the release clause of a top spanish young product is the best way to go.

What is the clause of Gimenez for example? If it's up to 50m we should pay that.

Morten

Probably already mentioned, Chelski with a 75mill(pound or euro?) bid refused by Juve. That should shut some of the guys up that has been saying, "oh, Pogba wouldnt cost so much as rumors say, 70 will probably do it, off to barca next summer", or something like that.
He WILL be very expensive, deal with it. If you really want him though, be careful, Chelski might get him.

BigBarcaBoy

Probably already mentioned, Chelski with a 75mill(pound or euro?) bid refused by Juve. That should shut some of the guys up that has been saying, "oh, Pogba wouldnt cost so much as rumors say, 70 will probably do it, off to barca next summer", or something like that.
He WILL be very expensive, deal with it. If you really want him though, be careful, Chelski might get him.

it appears pogba said no to Chelsea which could be significant

MaxY

Devil May Cry
He's ambitious and he wants to be the best so it's obvious that he wants either Barca or Real.

BBZ8800

They're going to bleed you dry for him. They wanted 100M Euros for him this summer, if he has a good season and brilliant Euro 16 on top of it, the fee will be Bale levels probably.

I am desperate to see how a player of his skills and abilities can have a brilliant Euro.

With Pirlo gone, they (Juve) lost the brain.
Pogba was running like a horse around the pitch, winning balls and similar, while Pirlo and other players were creators.
Without Pirlo, Pogba will just run around and Juve may struggle a lot and lack ideas.

Again, Pogba might work in Barca in a duo like Iniesta+Pogba.
But something like Pogba+Rakitic, it is painful to even think about it.

That doesn't mean that I don't like Raki, but Raki needs Iniesta's (brain) type of a player beside him in Barca.
Without a creator, Raki and Barca struggle.
And Pogba is even more dependant on a creator beside him than Rakitic, imo.

For a player like Pogba, we would totally need to change our style and formation.

But anyway, let's see how he will play this Season in Juve without brains/creators near him.
I can already imagine his Season 2015/2016, but anyway, let's wait a little more.

Last edited:

khaled_a_d

I am desperate to see how a player of his skills and abilities can have a brilliant Euro.

With Pirlo gone, they (Juve) lost the brain.
Pogba was running like a horse around the pitch, winning balls and similar, while Pirlo and other players were creators.
Without Pirlo, Pogba will just run around and Juve may struggle a lot and lack ideas.

Again, Pogba might work in Barca in a duo like Iniesta+Pogba.
But something like Pogba+Rakitic, it is painful to even think about it.

That doesn't mean that I don't like Raki, but Raki needs Iniesta's (brain) type of a player beside him in Barca.
Without a creator, Raki and Barca struggle.
And Pogba is even more dependant on a creator beside him than Rakitic, imo.

For a player like Pogba, we would totally need to change our style and formation.

But anyway, let's see how he will play this Season in Juve without brains/creators near him.
I can already imagine his Season 2015/2016, but anyway, let's wait a little more.

I think you are overrating Pirlo influence there .
Pirlo has been shadow of his former self last year .people remember his brilliant moments but overall many Juve fans was really frustrated by him and thought he should go and that the team could even do better without him

Also Pogba had been one of France best players in the World Cup without him .he isn't relying on anyone to make him look good tbh .

That said ,Juventus are getting a bit crazy there . saying "100M won't be enough" is just madness .If he isn't for sale say he isn't for sale and get done with it .
but even in crazy market only 2 players has costed over 90M .non yet to reach 100 (Bale didn't ,spanish media got the number of the deal from tax authority when it happened and said he actually costed less than Cr7 and that the 100M estimated wasn't accurate)
I would love to get him ,but no player should be signed "at any costs" . if he wants Barca then he should force his move to make Juve get bit realistic .otherwise move on and look for other targets (again ,I think we aren't going for a midfielder next year anyway)

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
Yeah whenever I saw Pirlo play (admittedly not that often, maybe half a dozen of games or so) he seemed like the weak link in their midfield.

Home of Barca Fans