Paul Pogba

Co0ter

Is Pogba good under pressure and in tight spaces? Does he have good vision? Can he run at defenders? I honestly don't follow Serie A much anymore. The few games I watched him play, he was pretty quiet- some fancy footwork here and there. From highlights, he seems to shoot with both feet and has fancy ball control.

No idea if he has good work rate or can defend. Iniesta and Xavi could never defend, but they pressed so much that the people who COULD defend eventually won the ball back. Without that same type of possession and pressing, Iniesta isn't the player he used to be. Brilliant at times, but not the same. Xavi is just 35, enough said. What I'm saying is, I'd only be interested in Pogba if he brings much more than what Iniesta brings at the moment- our new style dictates that.

I'd much rather bring in a player like Koke. All around very strong with relentless work-rate. Koke + DM gives an opportunity to play almost whatever you want as the third mid and still be effective.

Edit: Rafinha has shown a lot of progress, however I feel we've wasted enough of Messi's prime hoping certain players will pan out, instead of spending the money in places where we could have significantly improved our team. I blame the managers for forcing Fabregas into playing as false 9 and throwing off the entire balance of our team for multiple seasons; he should of been played as a midfielder- if not, he should of been sold sooner or never bought in the first place.

We have a team that is SO CLOSE to being unstoppable. Pique and Mascherano are in great form, Pique hasn't been this good in YEARS- surprised me considering he had a horrendous preseason. I love Mascherano, but I never entirely trust him in the CB position. He's been great, but we could have a better fit. We are a few signings away from being the best team in Europe, it just upsets me that we could have achieved it already last summer.

Last edited:

BBZ8800

Do you even know who Braida is? :slap:

I know.

Anyway, does his history mean that all of his decisions are good?
I mean, he already said that he would love to have/keep Alexis in all of his teams, so you see that he isn't always the wisest guy when it comes to transfers.

You can reply now that Alexis is an awesome player, and we can go around in circles forever.
Alexis is talented, but he lacks footballing IQ.

Pogba also has tons of talent, but lacks some IQ in his footballing decisions.

For 100M you need to have everything, talent, IQ and 100s of other things.

Do we need a new Halilovic, Adama and similar.
Only with a lot more talent?

Last edited:

Alen

Is Pogba good under pressure and in tight spaces? Does he have good vision? Can he run at defenders? I honestly don't follow Serie A much anymore. The few games I watched him play, he was pretty quiet- some fancy footwork here and there. From highlights, he seems to shoot with both feet and has fancy ball control.

No idea if he has good work rate or can defend. Iniesta and Xavi could never defend, but they pressed so much that the people who COULD defend eventually won the ball back. Without that same type of possession and pressing, Iniesta isn't the player he used to be. Brilliant at times, but not the same. Xavi is just 35, enough said. What I'm saying is, I'd only be interested in Pogba if he brings much more than what Iniesta brings at the moment- our new style dictates that.

I'd much rather bring in a player like Koke. All around very strong with relentless work-rate. Koke + DM gives an opportunity to play almost whatever you want as the third mid and still be effective.

Yeah, bring Koke and gundogan and we're set.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
I know.

Anyway, does his history mean that all of his decisions are good?
I mean, he already said that he would love to have/keep Alexis in all of his teams, so you see that he isn't always the wisest guy when it comes to transfers.

You can reply now that Alexis is an awesome player, and we can go around in circles.
Alexis is talented, but he lacks footballing IQ.

Pogba also has tons of talent, but lacks some IQ in his footballing decisions.

I would never sign Pogba, especially not for 100M.
For 100M you need to have everything, talent, IQ and 100s of other things.

I'm saying that you shouldn't judge him based on the rumors. These paper rumors might not even be true. Which is why you should hold off on calling Braida stupid and his ability as sports director questionable. If he actually does pay 100M for Pogba, feel free to bash him--I will too. And with regards to Alexis, I think he was asked specifically about him. He can't just bash the player, it's not proper to do so.

Personally, I think Alexis is a good player, but I'm glad we sold him. Suarez is a much better player for us.

BBZ8800

I'm saying that you shouldn't judge him based on the rumors. These paper rumors might not even be true. Which is why you should hold off on calling Braida stupid and his ability as sports director questionable. If he actually does pay 100M for Pogba, feel free to bash him--I will too. And with regards to Alexis, I think he was asked specifically about him. He can't just bash the player, it's not proper to do so.

Personally, I think Alexis is a good player, but I'm glad we sold him. Suarez is a much better player for us.

Ok, that's fair, I agree with you on that.

Let's hope that Pogba is just a rumour.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
I don't think Pogba hustles nearly as much as Rakitic or Rafinha. And that's oughta be the spot he'd fit in.

L

linetty

Time to refresh the thread of the best midfielder around, am I right? :coffee:

EdmondDantes

Pogba is fantastic but a great deal of his game relies on his athleticism and height. I think Verratti is much more talented. The two of them in one midfield would be amazing, mind.

BBZ8800

Since a debate on this topic is interesting, I asked my friend today to tell me his opinion about Pogba.
I told him that Barca forum is discussing a lot Pogba letely.
Anyway, a friend is a fan of Bayern and Juventus, he watched almost all matches of both teams in the last 10 years.

His reply about Pogba:
"Oh, I agree with you about Pogba.
I will be sad if we don't sell him in the near future to naive teams like Man. City or Psg, because they are ready to splash waaaaay too much for him.
A lot of our (Juve) fans think that he will be a new Zidane, but that will never happen.
He doesn't possess the needed level of tactical discipline, and sometimes you have a feeling that he is a kid, who enjoys playing football and enjoy in doing some nice and funny tricks, but it seems that he doesn't care/isn't aware too much whether those tricks are needed in some moments.

In other words, he will do the same tricks and try to entertain the crowd and himself, no matter if you are winning 5:0, or if you are losing 0:2 and if you need to play fast and try to catch the result. And no matter is it a 1st or 91st minute of the match, and no matter if he is in the opponent's box or in your box, or if you are playing against Milan or against 2nd Division team in cup.
As if he doesn't care what is happening around him.
He cares more about the crowd and moves than about the result.

He is very stubborn.
In the end a friend says that he is a very, very good player, but that he doesn't like him and that he would be happy if they sell him and earn waaay too much on him."

These are my 2 cents. Or, from my friend who watches him every week.

Last edited:

BBZ8800

He is only 21

He will be 22 in a few weeks.
Anyway:

however I feel we've wasted enough of Messi's prime hoping certain players will pan out, instead of spending the money in places where we could have significantly improved our team.

With Pogba we will either have:
1. a player whom we will have to wait for 2-3-4 years to get to the right tactical level. And he will get to a needed level one day. Messi will be 30 or 32 in that moment.
2. a player whom we will have to wait for 2-3-4 years to get to the right tactical level. After 3-4 years we will realize that he will never be the kind of a player whom we needed (Fabregas for example)

Or we have another option:
3. buy a player like Koke or Veratti, who are much "safer" options for right now, when Messi needs players who can play well RIGHT NOW

In 4-5 Seasons, when Messi will have 32-33 years and more, we will feel like someone turned off the color and that we are watching a black and white movie.
Just imagine the current team without Messi. Yes, we are still strong, but something is missing. Do you think that we can win a CL without Messi? In our whole history we won it only once, in 1992, without Messi. And in 2006, Messi already had "his fingers" in it.

I would rather splash all of our current money to build a good team for the next 4-5-6 Seasons while Messi is still here.
When he will be gone, we can experiment and "wait" for younger players, because we will be 50% weaker team when Messi will be gone.

So, the board, please don't buy Pogba or similar young player whom we have to wait.
Please, buy some players for today, so that we can try to win 1-2 CLs while we have Messi.

raskolnikov

I prefer Koke, Pogba is a Real type player and his agent is Raiola who prefers to gave them transfer on a yearly basis for his comission and is a pain in the ass to deal with for clubs.

Home of Barca Fans