Paul Pogba

L

linetty

With Pogba we will either have:
1. a player whom we will have to wait for 2-3-4 years to get to the right tactical level. And he will get to a needed level one day. Messi will be 30 or 32 in that moment.
:VdB: 2-4 years to get to the right tactical level??! Seriously??

Bertus

3. buy a player like Koke or Veratti, who are much "safer" options for right now, when Messi needs players who can play well RIGHT NOW

Should we understand Pogba is not playing well?

I am not a Pogba fanatic, but for example you can't win a best young player award at a WC if you're total shit.

Ithink Verratti fits barca better, sure. But if Pogba ends up here, it will not be the end of the world in any way.

Butaan4barca

i don't think we should sign him or any midfielder in next couple of years as We are already loaded with talent there.

But should we consider someone. Now, i would prefer Ramsey over him or Kevin De Bruyne

Last edited:

BBZ8800

Should we understand Pogba is not playing well?

I am not a Pogba fanatic, but for example you can't win a best young player award at a WC if you're total shit.

Ithink Verratti fits barca better, sure. But if Pogba ends up here, it will not be the end of the world in any way.

Alexis and Fabregas are probably in Top5 players in EPL currently, isn't it?
Does that mean that they should fit well in Barca?

Saviola, Simao and Quaresma were either the best or one out of top3 best young players/hot prospects in the world in that moment when we bought them.
We know what happened and how many trophies we won with them.

Even Halilovic was voted in top3 young prospects in the world 1-2 years ago (something like that)
He is not done, but he is miles from reaching a level to be a playable/useful player at Barca.

My point is, we are Barca.
Player not only needs to be an awesome players, but he needs to fit our style/system.
Imo, Pogba doesn't fit nor our Tiki-Taka nor our direct style that much.

That still doesn't mean that he is not a world-class player.
At the end of the day, Fabregas and Zlatan are world class players, but they just didn't fit here.

Again, if you add to all of this that we need players who will play well RIGHT NOW while we still have Messi, the best player ever, then: A big NO to most of young and risky players in this moment.

Last edited:
L

linetty

i don't think we should sign him or any midfielder in next couple of years as We are already loaded with talent there.

But should we consider someone. Now, i would prefer Ramsey over him or Kevin De Bruyne
Ramsey? What the fuck...Another typical mediocre at best Arse player... De Bruyne on the other hand, why not.

khaled_a_d

Alexis and Fabregas are probably in Top5 players in EPL currently, isn't it?
Does that mean that they should fit well in Barca?

Saviola, Simao and Quaresma were either the best or one out of top3 best young players/hot prospects in the world in that moment when we bought them.
We know what happened and how many trophies we won with them.

Even Halilovic was voted in top3 young prospects in the world 1-2 years ago (something like that)
He is not done, but he is miles from reaching a level to be a playable/useful player at Barca.

My point is, we are Barca.
Player not only needs to be an awesome players, but he needs to fit our style/system.
Imo, Pogba doesn't fit nor our Tiki-Taka nor our direct style that much.

That still doesn't mean that he is not a world-class player.
At the end of the day, Fabregas and Zlatan are world class players, but they just didn't fit here.

Again, if you add to all of this that we need players who will play well RIGHT NOW while we still have Messi, the best player ever, then: A big NO to most of young and risky players in this moment.

1-We won't be able to get high profile CM/AM this summer .Koke/Pogba/Veratti has no reason to accept to come here and not playing until January or staying with their clubs till January too .if we bought one of those it isn't gonna happen until 2016 summer IMO

2-Veratti isn't in the market ,PSG believe in him and they will have a new coach most probably and they won't let a player who would give them 10 gr8 years go easily .they are that rich and not that stupid .if it happened that he is in the market I am sure he will be high priority but I doubt he is

3-People keep mentioning Koke ,a player with 65M release clause in addition to 30% tax i.e will cost us around 85M to get him,born in Madrid and came through Atletico youth system and wanted by top English clubs and he knows it would be better for the fans of his club to leave to EPL rather than becoming Barca player .Who was the last player we signed from Atletico? .the chances of him moving here is really slim .people who thinks he is the easy target should wake up

4-Pogba is in the market ,but he might not be here when the ban is over ,God only knows .but if he is still with Juve till 2016 he is a player we should try to bring IMO .as I said b4 we will actually have a chance to get him bigger than Veratti(not in the market) or Koke(EPL bound if he leaves) as he will go for the highest bidder.I think he actually fits more than people thing .his passing game will need some improvement but it isn't terrible .

His fit can be questioned ,I actually thinks he would be gr8 fit because our game is changing and he is a step in that change ,we are playing more direct football,our DM now is the one controlling the tempo not the CM and our CM/AM combo is more of LCM&RCM right now which would fit Pogba to take over Iniesta role when he is 32 ,and even that could be eased with Iniesta still there along Rakitic and possibly Rafinha .
Cesc came here as a player who is supposed to be Xavi clone and heir ,he wasn't and that created problems .I don't think anyone expecting Pogba to be Iniesta/Xavi clone .that is something I prefer and actually I disliked it when we try to replace someone with the closest player to his profile because every player is different in his own and changes need to be done on team level rather than individual one
But then again that is me ,he might be a bad fit and it with his price tag it is huge risk ,thing is if we are looking for midfield then after Pogba we will have to go for less Marquee names .may be injury prone Gundogan ,or try to take a risk with Oliver Torres buy out or Youri Tielemans

Last edited:

EdmondDantes

Ramsey? What the fuck...Another typical mediocre at best Arse player... De Bruyne on the other hand, why not.

Ramsey is just like Vermaelen, an Arsenal's bench-warmer and injury prone. This is not just a "no thanks", it's a "no thanks" with a passion.

JamDav1982

Ramsey is just like Vermaelen, an Arsenal's bench-warmer and injury prone. This is not just a "no thanks", it's a "no thanks" with a passion.

I wouldnt want Barca to sign him but Ramsey is not just a bench warmer at Arsenal. He was their best player last season and probably the firs name down in CM when fit.

Hamzah

High Definition Member
1-We won't be able to get high profile CM/AM this summer .Koke/Pogba/Veratti has no reason to accept to come here and not playing until January or staying with their clubs till January too .if we bought one of those it isn't gonna happen until 2016 summer IMO

2-Veratti isn't in the market ,PSG believe in him and they will have a new coach most probably and they won't let a player who would give them 10 gr8 years go easily .they are that rich and not that stupid .if it happened that he is in the market I am sure he will be high priority but I doubt he is

3-People keep mentioning Koke ,a player with 65M release clause in addition to 30% tax i.e will cost us around 85M to get him,born in Madrid and came through Atletico youth system and wanted by top English clubs and he knows it would be better for the fans of his club to leave to EPL rather than becoming Barca player .Who was the last player we signed from Atletico? .the chances of him moving here is really slim .people who thinks he is the easy target should wake up

4-Pogba is in the market ,but he might not be here when the ban is over ,God only knows .but if he is still with Juve till 2016 he is a player we should try to bring IMO .as I said b4 we will actually have a chance to get him bigger than Veratti(not in the market) or Koke(EPL bound if he leaves) as he will go for the highest bidder.I think he actually fits more than people thing .his passing game will need some improvement but it isn't terrible .

His fit can be questioned ,I actually thinks he would be gr8 fit because our game is changing and he is a step in that change ,we are playing more direct football,our DM now is the one controlling the tempo not the CM and our CM/AM combo is more of LCM&RCM right now which would fit Pogba to take over Iniesta role when he is 32 ,and even that could be eased with Iniesta still there along Rakitic and possibly Rafinha .
Cesc came here as a player who is supposed to be Xavi clone and heir ,he wasn't and that created problems .I don't think anyone expecting Pogba to be Iniesta/Xavi clone .that is something I prefer and actually I disliked it when we try to replace someone with the closest player to his profile because every player is different in his own and changes need to be done on team level rather than individual one
But then again that is me ,he might be a bad fit and it with his price tag it is huge risk ,thing is if we are looking for midfield then after Pogba we will have to go for less Marquee names .may be injury prone Gundogan ,or try to take a risk with Oliver Torres buy out or Youri Tielemans

Good points

EdmondDantes

I wouldnt want Barca to sign him but Ramsey is not just a bench warmer at Arsenal. He was their best player last season and probably the firs name down in CM when fit.

He played well for a few months last season, I have it down as a purple patch. This season he has been poor when fit and with the players Arsenal have back, he wouldn't get in the team.

JamDav1982

He played well for a few months last season, I have it down as a purple patch. This season he has been poor when fit and with the players Arsenal have back, he wouldn't get in the team.

He would get in the team and he was good across most of last season, not just a purple patch.

Behrox

Vice President of FC Barcelona
Sounds gr8,but we need a starting player beside Rakitic tbh not a prospect
That is why people keep mentioning the likes of Koke/Veratti/Pogba

From what I have seen of Pogba playing, he looks to lack discipline in positioning and tries to be too fancy for his own good not to mention he looks too immature. Not saying he isn't a good player but he is not someone I would ideally want to partner Rakitic in the Barca midfield. We need someone who is more like Isco or even Moutinho who is a efficeint and consistent chance creator, providing good service to MSN while Rakitic overloads the flank and plays the sort of hybrid box to box CM.

Home of Barca Fans