Paul Pogba

G

Gasgas

I love the way he shields the ball with his body and almost always never loses it would be useful against physical teams like chelsea

BBZ8800

For people who are watching the match:
If you want Rakitić-Pogba partnership, who will lead our midfield in at least 50% of matches against parked buses?

His defending is good, his running with the ball for Juve is good, but that won't happen against parked buses.
I don't see playmaking abilities in tight spaces, and shortpasses against parked buses.

Please, don't reply: he's got good technique and can dribble in tight spaces or score long range shots.
I mean, even with Mats, we were looking for a GK with good passing skills, and we will probably need an awesome AMC for our style.

I don't see "that part" in him.

JamDav1982

For people who are watching the match:
If you want Rakitić-Pogba partnership, who will lead our midfield in at least 50% of matches against parked buses?

His defending is good, his running with the ball for Juve is good, but that won't happen against parked buses.
I don't see playmaking abilities in tight spaces, and shortpasses against parked buses.

Please, don't reply: he's got good technique and can dribble in tight spaces or score long range shots.
I mean, even with Mats, we were looking for a GK with good passing skills, and we will probably need an awesome AMC for our style.

I don't see "that part" in him.

He can dribble, is good in tight spaces and has a good long range shot.. not sure how you cant see that to be honest.

BBZ8800

He can dribble, is good in tight spaces and has a good long range shot.. not sure how you cant see that to be honest.

I mean: Iniesta or Isco, or a prime Xavi type of good Amc's against parked buses.
Some players are better when they have a lot of space, and aren't too effective in extremely tight spaces for 90 minutes.

Barca's Amc against parked buses need to pass, pass and pass, work on and off the ball patiently for 90 Minutes and look for tiny "holes".
For example, Bale is horrible against parked buses. Alexis isn't too good either, even though both of them have a good technique, dribbles, shot etc.

I don't like that phrase, but AMC position in Barca really requires some of Barca's Dna in movement, thinking, passing, vision, IQ etc.
I am not sure about Pogba in THAT part.

Last edited:

JamDav1982

I mean: Iniesta or Isco, or a prime Xavi type of good Amc's against parked buses.
Some players are better when they have a lot of space, and aren't too effective in extremely tight spaces for 90 minutes.

Barca's Amc against parked buses need to pass, pass and pass for 90 Minutes, be patient and look for tiny "holes".
For example, Bale is horrible against parked buses. Alexis isn't too good either, even though both of them have a good technique, dribbles, shot etc.

I don't like that phrase, but AMC position in Barca really requires some of Barca's Dna in movement, thinking, passing, vision, IQ etc.
I am not sure about Pogba in THAT part.

The reason Barca played against parked buses so often was in a large part down to how midfielders like Xavi and Iniesta played.

Bring in other types that provide the ball quicker to front three, can be a threat from range or a threat with physical presence in box and teams will think twice.

The majority of Barcas goals in recent months have not been against parked buses as moving ball so much quicker.

XaviMessiGirl

If we're talking about young French Juve players, we should keep an eye on Coman too. Also looks to have a ton of potential.

BBZ8800

The reason Barca played against parked buses so often was in a large part down to how midfielders like Xavi and Iniesta played.

Bring in other types that provide the ball quicker to front three, can be a threat from range or a threat with physical presence in box and teams will think twice.

The majority of Barcas goals in recent months have not been against parked buses as moving ball so much quicker.

I understand why teams played parked buses, I was also writing about that 100s of times.

But, let's say it this way:
1. when we played slowly, then 80-90% of teams parked buses against us
-- both because they wanted
-- but because they were FORCED, by our play
2. now, when we play faster, whenever possible, teams can't park the bus that often, but STILL, some teams are parking buses, especially at Nou Camp (Malaga a few matches ago, for example)
-- so, in matches against big teams, or when we play away, Pogba COULD work
-- but again, TOO MANY times, teams will still park the bus at Camp nou and in some away matches

So, from 80-90% matches where we had to played against buses, we now play against buses in 50% of matches.
So, we solved half of the problem, but in 50% matches we will still play against buses.
And about those matches, you CAN'T force them to play attacking (Malaga at Camp Nou, for example)
-- so, because of that, I am watching the match same as you guys now, and all I see about Pogba is everything I knew before:
1. awesome in defending
2. awesome Longshots
3. awesome physical strength
4. good in running with the ball from your box to opponent's box (in Juve's type of play)

But still:
= I DON'T see in him an AMC for Barca
= he is an awesome box-to-box midfielder, or a good MC for teams like Real
-- but in no way he can be an Amc in Barca (Iniesta or Isco type)

He could work as a MC, but then we would need someone like Iniesta as an AMC.
That is my point.

This guy doesn't convince me as an AMC. He is a box-to-box midfielder.

JamDav1982

I understand why teams played parked buses, I was also writing about that 100s of times.

But, let's say it this way:
1. when we played slowly, then 80-90% of teams parked buses against us
-- both because they wanted
-- but because they were FORCED, by our play
2. now, when we play faster, whenever possible, teams can't park the bus that often, but STILL, some teams are parking buses, especially at Nou Camp (Malaga a few matches ago, for example)
-- so, in matches against big teams, or when we play away, Pogba COULD work
-- but again, TOO MANY times, teams will still park the bus at Camp nou and in some away matches

So, from 80-90% matches where we had to played against buses, we now play against buses in 50% of matches.
So, we solved half of the problem, but in 50% matches we will still play against buses.
And about those matches, you CAN'T force them to play attacking (Malaga at Camp Nou, for example)
-- so, because of that, I am watching the match same as you guys now, and all I see about Pogba is everything I knew before:
1. awesome in defending
2. awesome Longshots
3. awesome physical strength
4. good in running with the ball from your box to opponent's box (in Juve's type of play)

But still:
= I DON'T see in him an AMC for Barca
= he is an awesome box-to-box midfielder, or a good MC for teams like Real
-- but in no way he can be an Amc in Barca (Iniesta or Isco type)

He could work as a MC, but then we would need someone like Iniesta as an AMC.
That is my point.

This guy doesn't convince me as an AMC. He is a box-to-box midfielder.

Well I disagree on that, there will be better pure AMs out there but for players that are as complete as Pogba there are not many.

Barca dont even really play with a AM and never really have the past few years. You barely need one with Messi in team.

BBZ8800

Well I disagree on that, there will be better pure AMs out there but for players that are as complete as Pogba there are not many.

Barca dont even really play with a AM and never really have the past few years. You barely need one with Messi in team.

Busi is a Dmc.
Rakitic like a Mc playing on the right.
Iniesta Mc playing on a left, but much closer to forwards, like "a false" Amc.

So, more or less, we play with Dmc-Mc-Amc.
Rafinha is also a semi-Amc.

Pogba-Rakitic would be a midfield of two Mcs.
That is calling for troubles against parked buses, imo.

Alen

Busi is a Dmc.

Rakitic is more AMC than Iniesta in our system. So it could also be like playing with two AMCs.

JamDav1982

Busi is a Dmc.

Pogba goes forward all the time thought its a big part of his game and he has good goals/assists to show for it.

I dont think any of the Barca mids have been playing a AM role this season.

Pogba can pick a pass, can shoot, can be a physical threat in box. He has loads of tools to help break a 'parked bus'.

Juve face that most weeks anyway.

BBZ8800

Pogba goes forward all the time thought its a big part of his game and he has good goals/assists to show for it.

I dont think any of the Barca mids have been playing a AM role this season.

Pogba can pick a pass, can shoot, can be a physical threat in box. He has loads of tools to help break a 'parked bus'.

Juve face that most weeks anyway.

Lampard also was scoring a lot and played close to box when needed, but you can't convince me that he is a better "false Amc" for Barca than Iniesta, Isco or similar.

If you get my point.
Don't jump on me now, but I see Pogba more like a Lampard or Gerrard, but with a better technique, than Iniesta/Isco type of Barca's Mc-Amc's.
And I would always rather have Isco than Lampard against parked buses.

Home of Barca Fans