Paul Pogba

kollegah

them pogba bandwagoners here are hilarious.
prob. watch him 1/year live, the rest they jizz to to his goal compilations

Leo_Messi

Hopefully Braida can work some magic. It will be difficult but a club of FCB's stature always has to fight for the best players. Pogba would add a hell lot to the team. Just the type of player that we need.

Ghostmaster

Danger Ahead
Hopefully Braida can work some magic. It will be difficult but a club of FCB's stature always has to fight for the best players. Pogba would add a hell lot to the team. Just the type of player that we need.

Braida is not a sporting director, he is just a transfer adviser.

Ghostmaster

Danger Ahead
Thank you for stating the obvious. Yet he would still be an important piece in a potential Pogba transfer. I don't have to explain why that is, I guess?

I honestly don't think that this board will make any transfers at all, the elections should be at the beginning of July and new board will bring their own sporting director.

Last edited:

Leo_Messi

I honestly don't think that this board will make any transfers at all, the elections should be at the beginning of July and new board their own sporting director.

Well, the local Catalan and Spanish media including most of the "respected/well-informed" local sports journalists are certain that the board will try to finalize a few deals before the beginning of July where the elections are likely to take place as you wrote yourself.

The new board (hopefully) cannot do much to cancel such deals. For instance Laporta already bought Villa before Rosell took offer. The deal was finalized before he took offer and was impossible to cancel.

So it is very much possible. The question is how successful they will be in their pursuit of player(s) x and y.

Last edited:

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Well, the local Catalan and Spanish media including most of the "respected/well-informed" local sports journalists are certain that the board will try to finalize a few deals before the beginning of July where the elections are likely to take place as you wrote yourself.

The new board (hopefully) cannot do much to cancel such deals. For instance Laporta already bought Villa before Rosell took offer. The deal was finalized before he took offer and was impossible to cancel.

I hope they don't screw us over by signing some duds.

Leo_Messi

I hope they don't screw us over by signing some duds.

There is a lot of uncertainty involved. The FIFA ban is not helping. Of course the club can still buy players but they cannot register them before January 2016. This complicates things a lot regardless of how you look at it.

Now imagine that the club manages to buy Pogba this summer. Let's say that they loan him out to Juve until January 2016. Let's pretend that he will suffer a season ending injury in December 2015. What to do then other than crying? Then there is the CL. Will Juve accept a clause forbidding him from playing in the CL in the group stages? Would they even want him to stay at the club until January 2016 knowing that he will be gone that same month?

It's a different story altogether with players like Dybala, Vietto etc. Maybe even Danilo too. Outside of the "injury factor" obviously.

Anyway we will find out.

Last edited:

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
There is a lot of uncertainty involved. The FIFA ban is not helping. Of course the club can still buy players but they cannot register them before January 2016. This complicates things a lot regardless of how you look at it.

Now imagine that the club manages to buy Pogba this summer. Let's say that they loan him out to Juve until January 2016. Let's pretend that he will suffer a season ending injury in December 2015. What to do then other than crying? Then there is the CL. Will Juve accept a clause forbidding him from playing in the CL in the group stages? Would they even want him to stay at the club until January 2016 knowing that he will be gone that same month?

It's a different story altogether with players like Dybala, Vietto etc. Maybe even Danilo too. Outside of the "injury factor" obviously.

Anyway we will find out.

I honestly very much doubt that we can get someone like Pogba or Gundogan in January by striking a deal in summer. Such a player won't come before Summer of 2016 I think.

Leo_Messi

I honestly very much doubt that we can get someone like Pogba or Gundogan in January by striking a deal in summer. Such a player won't come before Summer of 2016 I think.

I don't think that we will get Pogba this year either. It's not impossible though. That's why the club is hoping that he will stay for another season at Juve so they can buy him during the summer of 2016. Nothing stops them from working towards such a transfer already now. A bit like how Neymar was bought to the club and other players in the past.

Braida will be an important piece in this I imagine as he knows Marotta (old friend of his) and the Juve board really well. Aside from Raiola.

He's definitely a player with world class potential, but he won't be available to play in the CL next year and for the price tag we could probably buy a CM (Gundogan) and an AM (Coutinho) with similar potential.

Gundogan is much better at dictating games and is more solid defensively, which are arguably the 2 qualities that we are looking for the most in a CM. Coutinho has better vision, is a more skillful dribbler and is the ideal assist provider for Suarez/Neymar. Now, I'm not saying that these are the 2 players that we should sign for next year; just pointing out the fact that we have better and cheaper options other than Pogba.

G

Gasgas

He's definitely a player with world class potential, but he won't be available to play in the CL next year and for the price tag we could probably buy a CM (Gundogan) and an AM (Coutinho) with similar potential.

Gundogan is much better at dictating games and is more solid defensively, which are arguably the 2 qualities that we are looking for the most in a CM. Coutinho has better vision, is a more skillful dribbler and is the ideal assist provider for Suarez/Neymar. Now, I'm not saying that these are the 2 players that we should sign for next year; just pointing out the fact that we have better and cheaper options other than Pogba.

Coutinho? :rofl1:
By the way we dont need an AM, messi plays that role for us
He wants the ball in those positions and we need someone to give him the ball (a CM) and not someone who also wants to have the ball, dribble and provide assists

GoGGi

"President Bartomeu wants to announce pre-deal with Juventus midfielder Pogba before elections. PSG, Chelsea, Madrid also interested. [sport]"

King5Puyi

Pogba agrees PSG deal

Paris Saint-Germain have reportedly won the race to sign Juventus superstar Paul Pogba. The 21-year-old is set to leave Turin in the summer and will head back to native France, snubbing the likes of Manchester United.

Source: Daily Star
Saturday, March 7, 2015 00:03

But then again, it's only DS.

Home of Barca Fans