Paul Pogba

serghei

In a 433 or 4321, with wide forwards or wingers who don't usually track back, you need a 3men midfield that is good at breaking attacks early, or else teams will play directly on our backline like PSG did in that 3-2.

JamDav1982

Lampard also was scoring a lot and played close to box when needed, but you can't convince me that he is a better "false Amc" for Barca than Iniesta, Isco or similar.

If you get my point.
Don't jump on me now, but I see Pogba more like a Lampard or Gerrard, but with a better technique, than Iniesta/Isco type of Barca's Mc-Amc's.
And I would always rather have Isco than Lampard against parked buses.

Lampard is nothing like Pogba at all.

Who is playing AM in this system that is being relied on to break bus? No one and if they are they are doing a fairly poor job of it.

This team doesnt need an Isco as much with Messi. They need all round midfielders that can defend and offer something going forward.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
WhoScored.com ‏@WhoScored Mar 2
Paul Pogba: No player has won possession in the attacking third more times in Serie A this term than @paulpogba (25)

Vlom

Previously known as Mehssi
Question is, can he deliver on a hot Sunday afternoon at Granada?

Or a rainy night at Stoke City!? :lol:

I'm personnally was not impressed by this game, he's good alright, just not 70M€ good .. or may be is it the Serie A style that doesn't fit him ?

Last edited:

DonAK

We should sign one of Gundogan or Pogba.

Koke and Verratti are out of question so those two are our best options, unless we want to sign a prospect like Oliver Torres or Tielemans.

DonAK

Busi is a Dmc.
Rakitic like a Mc playing on the right.
Iniesta Mc playing on a left, but much closer to forwards, like "a false" Amc.

So, more or less, we play with Dmc-Mc-Amc.
Rafinha is also a semi-Amc.

Pogba-Rakitic would be a midfield of two Mcs.
That is calling for troubles against parked buses, imo.

BBZ, Juve face a lot of parked buses themselves and Pogba has excelled for them. I don't think it'll be that much of a problem if we have him and Rakitic line-up together in a midfield trio with Busquets.

I'm personnally was not impressed by this game, he's good alright, just not 70M€ good .. or may be is it the Serie A style that doesn't fit him ?

Agreed. I'm thinking 45-55M is more appropriate. Then again, a lot of his transfer value comes from his potential more than anything.

Home of Barca Fans