Paul Pogba

F

Flavia

Page 2, can't let that happen. The thread for the best player in the world right now needs to be on page 1.

Several Italian football officials take for granted that Juventus midfielder Paul Pogba (21) will join Barcelona. [md]
If he ends up joining Barça, what will you do? Especially now, that you're living in bcn.

Egert

Estonian Culé
How possible you guys think it is possible that we will get him? Because if we wouldn't have the ban, absolute no worries that we won't get him, but will Juve wait till January? And we would need to ask Juve not to play him in UCL either.

Happy birthday too Pogba!

Last edited:

Siberia

I dont understand why people would like this guy so much. Yes, he's good but imo he's certainly not a barca midfielder. I mean the only time this guy gets on the news is when he scores a beauty. You'd think he was a forward. But what about his playmaking? his ball distribution? through balls? short pass combinations? To me those are the main qualities a barca midfielder should have and he's clearly lacking that. Imo Verratti or Gundogan are much much better suited to play for barca than Pogba. Pogba belongs in a team like Chelsea or real..

G

Gasgas

I dont understand why people would like this guy so much. Yes, he's good but imo he's certainly not a barca midfielder. I mean the only time this guy gets on the news is when he scores a beauty. You'd think he was a forward. But what about his playmaking? his ball distribution? through balls? short pass combinations? To me those are the main qualities a barca midfielder should have and he's clearly lacking that. Imo Verratti or Gundogan are much much better suited to play for barca than Pogba. Pogba belongs in a team like Chelsea or real..
"Barca midfielder" is a myth. If you ask me, rakitic is not your typical barca midfielder but he is our best midfielder

Empty

Pogba has very good playmaking skills and ball distribution. Obviously he's not going to be the best at tiki-taka, Juve don't play that way. But no midfielder who is not brought up in Barca plays that way, really (except maybe Bayern these days but that's all Guardiola). I mean, Rakitic had to take some time to adapt. Pogba is better than Rakitic, at least in technique and potential. He will be very good for how our team plays right now, being more direct and launching advanced counters once we retrieve the ball.

L

linetty

I see you're stuck in the past. As Gasgas said Rakitic was never labeled a 'Barca midfielder' and now he's our best player at this position. Gone are the days of pure tiki taka as gone are the days of prime Xaviesta. Pogba is a perfect fit for current Barca, this kind of players we should be looking for; strong on the ball, good passing, skillful, tall/well-built but very agile, with good eye for goal.

DrPepper

Yeah, but by buying Pogba we would still need another CM for distribution, the Verratti / Gündogan-esque type. Pogba would fill out the vertical role on the left side of central midfield. Otherwise the balance could be very wrong.

Siberia

I see you're stuck in the past. As Gasgas said Rakitic was never labeled a 'Barca midfielder' and now he's our best player at this position. Gone are the days of pure tiki taka as gone are the days of prime Xaviesta. Pogba is a perfect fit for current Barca, this kind of players we should be looking for; strong on the ball, good passing, skillful, tall/well-built but very agile, with good eye for goal.

Who're you to tell me I'm stuck in the past? Comparing Pogba with Rakitic is laughable. They're completely different players. Yes, Rakitic is a barca style midfielder since his ball distribution is great and he's much much more of a playmaker than Pogba. Pogba to me is overrated. Bunch of fancy dribbles and goals dont make you a top midfielder. Just look at his statitics: 2 assists in serie A

Last edited:
G

Gasgas

Yeah, but by buying Pogba we would still need another CM for distribution, the Verratti / Gündogan-esque type. Pogba would fill out the vertical role on the left side of central midfield. Otherwise the balance could be very wrong.

No we won't, pogba would do just fine.
We dont need a midfielder to centralize distribution duties on, because if opponents mark him we are screwed. we need an all round midfielder who can do everything and anything like pogba.
Distribution? Rakitic busquets and pogba will share that responsibility and they are both very good at it.

It is this fixation that our midfielder is nothing without a midfielder whose sole purpose is distributing balls, that is not how it goes these days.

G

Gasgas

Who're you to tell me I'm stuck in the past? Comparing Pogba with Rakitic is laughable. They're completely different players. Yes, Rakitic is a barca style midfielder since his ball distribution is great and he's much much more of a playmaker than Pogba. Pogba to me is overrated. Bunch of fancy dribbles and goals dont make you a top midfielder.
You obviously need to watch pogba more if you think he is just fancy dribbles and goals

DrPepper

No we won't, pogba would do just fine.
We dont need a midfielder to centralize distribution duties on, because if opponents mark him we are screwed. we need an all round midfielder who can do everything and anything like pogba.
Distribution? Rakitic busquets and pogba will share that responsibility and they are both very good at it.

It is this fixation that our midfielder is nothing without a midfielder whose sole purpose is distributing balls, that is not how it goes these days.

Well atm, Rakitic primarly looks to move between the lines instead of help building up play. If Pogba does the same, then there'll be a huge gap between Busquets and those two, meaning there'll be no sharing responsibilities. Instead no natural connection in midfield but isolation.

L

linetty

Who're you to tell me I'm stuck in the past? Comparing Pogba with Rakitic is laughable. They're completely different players. Yes, Rakitic is a barca style midfielder since his ball distribution is great and he's much much more of a playmaker than Pogba. Pogba to me is overrated. Bunch of fancy dribbles and goals dont make you a top midfielder.
If you think Pogba is only fancy dribbles and goals then I have every right to point that out. You obviously never seen him play and just made up a claim out of thin air that 'he's not a Barca midfielder' probably because you don't like him, for whatever reason.

Home of Barca Fans