Paul Pogba

R

Ryu Hayabusa

United seems to be doing fairly easily. 3 positions for less than 100M while we are struggling to reinforce one position for 100M.

Huh?

They haven't signed any of those three players yet and have considerable competition for at least two (Depay. Gündogan) of them.
Also, I wonder how you think it's less than 100M
35 Depay, 30 Gündogan, 40 Hummels. Makes for 105M :p excluding any sign-on fee and agent fees...

Icarium

Lifestealer
Huh?

They haven't signed any of those three players yet and have considerable competition for at least two (Depay. Gündogan) of them.
Also, I wonder how you think it's less than 100M
35 Depay, 30 Gündogan, 40 Hummels. Makes for 105M :p excluding any sign-on fee and agent fees...

Many rumors pointing towards that direction. United not willing to pay more than 25M for depay apparently. Only psg came with the bid of 35M i think. All 3 of them might not end up in united, but there is a chance they might and that too for around 100M....

R

Ryu Hayabusa

Many rumors pointing towards that direction. United not willing to pay more than 25M for depay apparently. Only psg came with the bid of 35M i think. All 3 of them might not end up in united, but there is a chance they might and that too for around 100M....

I really, really hope Bayern are serious about signing Depay (aka they bid at least 30M for him, cause PSV will sure as shit not let him go for any amount less). He would be mental (or nothing more than a mercenary) to choose PSG over Bayern.

BenRobbins

Also going for us this year is the strength of the £ to the Euro. All those players would only cost around £70 million which is very, very cheap.

Still have £5 million left over from the Addidas shirt deal :lol::lol:

Icarium

Lifestealer
I really, really hope, Bayern are serious about signing Depay (aka they bid at least 30M for him, cause PSV will sure as shit not let him go for any amount less). He would be mental (or nothing more than a mercenary) to choose PSG over Bayern.

Bayern would be the best choice of all the 3. PSG would be the worst choice. I agree. Every one can give money and every can give promises of first team football (in 1 or 2 years he can be a starter). Only difference is united has Van Gaal.

R

Ryu Hayabusa

Bayern would be the best choice of all the 3. PSG would be the worst choice. I agree. Every one can give money and every can give promises of first team football (in 1 or 2 years he can be a starter). Only difference is united has Van Gaal.

At Bayern he would essentially be an immediate starter, given how often Ribery is injured. And Götze on the left really impressed only rarely so far.
Also, to me Depay looks like a young version of Robben. What better than to actually train with said Robben on a daily basis? :p

JamDav1982

Also going for us this year is the strength of the £ to the Euro. All those players would only cost around £70 million which is very, very cheap.

Still have £5 million left over from the Addidas shirt deal :lol::lol:

Must have over £100m worth of players from last season that cant get in starting line up though, probably a lot more when consider Falcao wages.

BenRobbins

Must have over £100m worth of players from last season that cant get in starting line up though, probably a lot more when consider Falcao wages.

Yeah Falcao will be gone, so will Nani, Hernandez, Evans and Rafael who are all on big wages. RVP might be moved on but i doubt it. So there won't be too much overkill and anyway we need to upskill are squad because we are seriously lacking behind the likes of Barca, Bayern and Real.

Jair Ventura

I really, really hope Bayern are serious about signing Depay (aka they bid at least 30M for him, cause PSV will sure as shit not let him go for any amount less). He would be mental (or nothing more than a mercenary) to choose PSG over Bayern.

Dutch medias have reported that Bayern isn't in the running at all, or haven't yet made contact at least, and that the final three are: United, Paris, Liverpool with the latter two being the only clubs to have placed bids to this point. I've read that Paris has bid €35 million while United's not willing to go above €25 million.

Curious why you believe Paris would be the worst choice? Young players have done well there while they've recently been more successful than United domestically as well as continentally.

Last edited:

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
Curious why you believe Paris would be the worst choice? Young players have done well there while they've recently been more successful than United domestically as well as continentally.

I'm guessing here, but perhaps he would want to go to a place that he could simply use as a stepping stone to a bigger club, rather than immediately go to a huge club?

Bertus

I'm guessing here, but perhaps he would want to go to a place that he could simply use as a stepping stone to a bigger club, rather than immediately go to a huge club?

That doesn't happen in Paris. So far any young players that PSG bought are to stay. PSG is not Porto. Being defeated by Barca in CL won't change that

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
That doesn't happen in Paris. So far any young players that PSG bought are to stay. PSG is not Porto. Being defeated by Barca in CL won't change that

Exactly, so he would go to Man Utd or Liverpool now, and move to PSG/Bayern/Real in the future.

Icarium

Lifestealer

Pep and Van Gaal are better coaches when it comes to young players and both need depay very badly. For his development bayern will provide the most opportunities. And he seems to me like a typical epl type of winger, strong and pacy. Good dribbling and finishing. Excelling in epl will make him a star, same can't be said for ligue 1. And i don't expect united to be fighting for 4th place next season they will pose a title challenge next season.

BenRobbins

Exactly, so he would go to Man Utd or Liverpool now, and move to PSG/Bayern/Real in the future.

You really did not just say that Manchester United can be a stepping stone to Psg. We had one bad season last year? One before we pissed the league and the last few have won the tittle easily. We now buy big players and pay big wages. A stepping stone to PSG? Don't think so.

Home of Barca Fans