Paul Pogba

Topolino

Gemusesuppe
You really did not just say that Manchester United can be a stepping stone to Psg. We had one bad season last year? One before we pissed the league and the last few have won the tittle easily. We now buy big players and pay big wages. A stepping stone to PSG? Don't think so.

I think he forgot that Manchester United is a stepping stone to Real Madrid.

So as always I took at look a the forums, I don't usually post just read.... then I had to see that Manchester united is now allegedly a stepping stone, the modern fan ehh? well thanks a lot. why do I have a bad taste in my mouth? Kelloggs Crunchy nut is suppose to be delicious :neymar:

Bertus

Today, tuttosport published a news that PSG reached an agreement with Pogba with a pre-contract of a 10M euros net salary + 2M bonus per year.

They also published that Juventus representatives will meet with Claudio Anellucci and Pierpaolo Triulzi, Cavani's agents, this week to discuss the transfer of Cavani to Juventus.

-

My opinion: no news about Pogba in french medias, and Nasser himself said in Le_Parisien yesterday that Cavani is not for sale.

So I think it's just BS from Tuttosport.

Jair Ventura

Today, tuttosport published a news that PSG reached an agreement with Pogba with a pre-contract of a 10M euros net salary + 2M bonus per year.

They also published that Juventus representatives will meet with Claudio Anellucci and Pierpaolo Triulzi, Cavani's agents, this week to discuss the transfer of Cavani to Juventus.

-

My opinion: no news about Pogba in french medias, and Nasser himself said in Le_Parisien yesterday that Cavani is not for sale.

So I think it's just BS from Tuttosport.

Thing about Tuttosport is that they started all the Pogba to PSG rumors in December before anyone else even began reporting on possible meetings or negotiations. Could be BS, but they've been on this from the beginning. They also aren't the only one's making the report:

"Earlier today PSG's president Al Khelaifi had an informal meeting with Paul Pogba in Montecarlo, Juventus was informed about this meeting, but so far the French club has only made verbal proposals to the midfielder and the Italian club, they have yet to make a written and formal offer. But Barcelona is also working to sign Pogba despite their transfer ban, their intention is to acquire the former Manchester United midfielder this summer but leave him at Juve until their transfer ban expires next year. Pogba is at the center of the transfer news headlines."

http://gianlucadimarzio.com/en/calc...ona-continues-to-work-to-sign-him-the-latest/

Via: NBCSports

Last edited:

BenRobbins

It really is an odd one this is. You usually have a rough idea between 1 or 2 clubs as to where a player will end up. Suarez was Real or Barca, Di Maria was United or PSG, Sanchez Arsenal Liverpool etc just a few off the top of my head, but with Pogba he could literally end up anywhere and it would not suprise me one bit. He could even stay at Juve for a few more years. It is just so unpredictable haha.

Icarium

Lifestealer
I hope he goes to PSG and we get Verratti.

That will not happen, if they are going for pogba then it means they are searching a midfield partner for verratti. PSG repeatedly said they won't sell verratti and marquinhos and even the players said they want to stay at psg. We should give up on them.

Jair Ventura

Pogba, who left Manchester United to join the Serie A giants in 2012, has consistently been linked with a move to his country of birth, with mega-rich Paris Saint-Germain reportedly the favourites to secure his signature. And it has been revealed that the Frenchman travelled to Monaco to meet PSG chairman Nasser Al-Khelaifi.

However, Marotta has audaciously claimed that the talk was merely ‘casual’ and that a potential move to the French capital was not discussed.

"I think that it's a display of admiration for one of our players and we're honoured by it," Marotta told Sky Sport Italia.

"It just goes to show that the decision we took several years ago [in signing Pogba] was the right one and a rewarding one, not only for what he's done on the field, but for the admiration he enjoys from other clubs.

"But it doesn't mean we want to put him on the market. His meeting was probably just a casual meeting in which they spoke about football. Certainly it was not down to us wanting to sell Pogba."

THE VIEW FROM FRANCE

Vincent Bregevin, Eurosport France: We guess the meeting was not about the weather… Pogba is a primary target for PSG and it’s pretty certain that this has been discussed during the meeting, whatever Marotta says. Juve should be prepared to lose Pogba this summer. Many top teams are looking at him, teams that can pay higher wages than Juventus. It will be hard for Juve to retain him. A move to PSG seems to be a real possibility. PSG will likely get €70m to spend in the summer market, and this is more or less Pogba’s price. PSG also have players to put in exchange, like Cavani who seems to be a target for Juve. Question mark is about Pogba: if Real or Barca are after him, he might prefer join one of them rather than signing for Paris.

THE VIEW FROM ITALY

Ilaria Bottura, Eurosport Italy: We, too, think that this meeting wasn’t about the best restaurant in Paris… Marotta is too smart to tell the truth. Anyway, Juventus should be worried: Pogba is a very attractive player and several clubs are interested in him. In this specific case, PSG are a good team to have a conversation with because Juventus are following Edinson Cavani, who could be a counterpart.

Would PSG be a good choice for Pogba? Maybe yes, because the club has a lot of outstanding players, and because Paul could be back home in France. But it is not know which is his preferred club, because, as we just said about Marotta, Juventus are able to persuade players to avoid questions about transfers - Carlos Tevez to Boca Juniors is the most clear and recent example.

https://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/news...-paul-pogba-s-meeting-psg-102202008--sow.html

Video here(Italian):

http://video.sky.it/sport/calcio-italiano/marotta_su_pogba/v240459.vid

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans