Paul Pogba

L

linetty

Agent of Juventus player Paul Pogba (22) was in Barcelona for talks this week. Pogba wants to join. Barcelona offered Juventus 70M. [sport]

Vlom

Previously known as Mehssi
Agent of Juventus player Paul Pogba (22) was in Barcelona for talks this week. Pogba wants to join. Barcelona offered Juventus 70M. [sport]

Sport was already ridiculous before, but they've just outdone yesterday with this..

http://www.sport.es/es/noticias/barca/herrera-silva-suenan-con-barca-4148339
http://www.sport.es/es/noticias/barca/rooney-mata-han-sido-ofrecidos-barcelona-4148416

Not believing a single word from them, ever again.

PD : for those who don't read spanish, it literally says that Herrera, Silva, Rooney and Mata all (or their agents) called Barça to offer themselves for next season. yeah, you read that right. lol

BigBarcaBoy

Sport was already ridiculous before, but they've just outdone yesterday with this..

http://www.sport.es/es/noticias/barca/herrera-silva-suenan-con-barca-4148339
http://www.sport.es/es/noticias/barca/rooney-mata-han-sido-ofrecidos-barcelona-4148416

Not believing a single word from them, ever again.

PD : for those who don't read spanish, it literally says that Herrera, Silva, Rooney and Mata all (or their agents) called Barça to offer themselves for next season. yeah, you read that right. lol

I called to ask for a trial and they just hung up, didn't make sport either !

Vlom

I think Sport were the first to call Suarez's transfer.

They always run with the "player wants to join barça rather than RM" side of the story, so yeah they got it right for suarez, but most of their articles are wildly unfunded, they live in their catalan bubble where everyone loves barça and wants to go there for free.

Not saying the meeting didn't happen, but i've read enough articles on sport to know not to trust them.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
md and sport are more trustworthy than any other random sportspaper when it comes to Barca. And rumors are just rumors. By default there's not much true or false there.
One shouldn't take it too seriously.

JamDav1982

70m for Pogba would be a great deal in todays market. His age and potential he could go for a lot more than that.

The scary thing about this Barca team is that there are 4/5 positions that could be improved upon yet are so strong already.

Whereas Real would be struggling to improve their starting eleven bar maybe Casillas.

Vlom

md and sport are more trustworthy than any other random sportspaper when it comes to Barca. And rumors are just rumors. By default there's not much true or false there.
One shouldn't take it too seriously.

I personally rate MD better than Sport, the latter runs with anything and everything without sources and runs on the implicit assumption that we need to trust their "internal" sources.

Anyway, back to Pogba, all in all, if it's "just" 70M€ it would be more acceptable than the crazy numbers being vinculated lately (+100M€).

JamDav1982

I personally rate MD better than Sport, the latter runs with anything and everything without sources and runs on the implicit assumption that we need to trust their "internal" sources.

Anyway, back to Pogba, all in all, if it's "just" 70M€ it would be more acceptable than the crazy numbers being vinculated lately (+100M€).

Yeah, it was Sport who were ramping up the Messi/Lucho argument and making all these claims about Messi wanting Lucho sacked or he would leave, secret meetings where Barto promised Messi Lucho would be gone at end of season etc.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Price doesn't matter that much in the end as Pogba can easily be sold away if he flops. Same as Madrid can do with Bale.
I'm more worried about the football aspect.

MaxY

Devil May Cry
70m for Pogba would be a great deal in todays market. His age and potential he could go for a lot more than that.

The scary thing about this Barca team is that there are 4/5 positions that could be improved upon yet are so strong already.

Whereas Real would be struggling to improve their starting eleven bar maybe Casillas.

Hmm kinda true. Selling Casillas and playing Navas or getting DDG is an improvement. We can't improve CB's because we have 3 WC centerbacks. The only improvement to Marcelo would be like Alaba so same goes for LB. Danilo is coming next season so we're improving our RB spot. Modrić,Kroos & James MF can't be improved. So the only improvements are : GK,RB(already happening), Bale going out for somebody like Hazard/Reus and we can't really improve Benzema in this current market. The only improvement to Benz that I see (considering that it must be a striker who can create and assist really well) is Suarez and that isn't happening. So only 3 improvements can be made and 1 out of them is already happening this summer. I didn't realize we were this stacked... Meanwhile in Barca there are so many aspects that can be improved. The only thing that can't be improved in your team is your attack, Pique and Busi I guess.

Bertus

Isn't Pogba to PSG plastered almost everywhere now?
Nope. Only in Goal and Tuttosport, 2 sources that are average in the case of tuttosport, and awful in the case of GOAL.

Le_Parisien is also reporting on that meeting in Barcelone. But they add that Raiola said NO to 70M. He wants more and also said MCity is ready to pay more and to give a 12M salary to Pogba.

Home of Barca Fans