Pedro Rodriguez

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
Pedro = giuly??? I still don't see it...

Pedro, along with busquets, were my picks of the 08/09 preseason. Both are two of my favourite players in the squad.

pedro is CR minus the incredible physical prowess.

they're both wing-forwards with a nice eye for goal (off either foot) and an ability to move into space well - but both aren't as strong as they should be creatively.

CR's a lifetime better because he's so physically dominant with pace and power. most players can head the ball really well, what makes players great in the air is the way they match that up with the timing and power of their jumps. CR does that magnificently.

E

Esteve

I honestly couldn't give a shit who scores for us, as long as we win games.

Exactly.

Bojan, start a thread if you want to spread hate for Zlatan. Or perhaps a cult. I know you're sharpening your knife, ready for him to "let us down". Get over it.

EDIT: Pedro could always work on his physique, Meta! I'm still impressed with how he can hold off his man & keep possession. He hasn't been bullied like Bojan has at times.

Last edited:

FlyLo

It's not really fair to hold Zlatan's transfer price against him. Messi isn't worth 200k a week either. Nobody is.

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
EDIT: Pedro could always work on his physique, Meta! I'm still impressed with how he can hold off his man & keep possession. He hasn't been bullied like Bojan has at times.

you can't work on that at 22.

CR was built like pedro (but taller) when he was 17. that's when you bulk up.

plus he is staggeringly fast. that speed helps him so much and you can't work on that.

maz

I walk the line
I see a lot of capel in pedro. A winger with a low centre of gravity that likes to take lots of touches of the ball. However i hate capel and i love pedro, so that comparison isn't entirely correct.

A don't see him as a CR though. I feel cristiano's close ball control isn't anything to shout about. Defenders give him space to work and he makes the most of it. But pedro i find is more comfortable moving the ball about in tight spaces.

you can't work on that at 22.

CR was built like pedro (but taller) when he was 17. that's when you bulk up.

plus he is staggeringly fast. that speed helps him so much and you can't work on that.

Surely you can work on it when you want? I also feel you can work on speed somewhat.

E

Esteve

He could work on upper body strength. Not to the beast-like point CR's at, but he could still improve. His speed could suffer if he were to concentrate on strength too much though. Like what happened with that lad Richards at City. He bulked up and became a sloppy fucker for a while.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Pedro improved a lot while Capel is still the same talented one dimensional youngster from Seville.

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
Surely you can work on it when you want? I also feel you can work on speed somewhat.

you can't work on it in terms of actual physique. he can bulk up but that's not what I mean. CR's built like a sprinter, and that physicality is what allows him to be so dominant.

pedro may have better close control than CR but for me the whole two-footed-wing-forward-super-finisher-average-creator thing just screams CR.

He could work on upper body strength. Not to the beast-like point CR's at, but he could still improve. His speed could suffer if he were to concentrate on strength too much though. Like what happened with that lad Richards at City. He bulked up and became a sloppy fucker for a while.

richards was a teenager. his body just grew.

maz

I walk the line
you can't work on it in terms of actual physique. he can bulk up but that's not what I mean. CR's built like a sprinter, and that physicality is what allows him to be so dominant.

You can't work on your frame. Your frame is yours and you can't change it. Of course your frame may change as you get older (ala ronaldo), but the only thing you have control over is how much you bulk up.

pedro may have better close control than CR but for me the whole two-footed-wing-forward-super-finisher-average-creator thing just screams CR.

Perhaps.

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
Pedro vs. Almeria

The good: Amazing goal, I'm pretty sure Henry, or any other of our forwards, wouldn't have taken that shot... We need to surprise teams like this, because our style is becoming predictable...

The bad: Didn't pass the ball to Ibra...

diegomessi

Anxiously waiting for the next match
dont really see anything in pedrothat reminds me of CR.... he is a lil like capel, but pedro is just pedro i can not think of many players that play like him...he is unique and he has not scored in 4 competitions this season hope he makes it 5 in december o wait copa del rey could be 6 that has to be a record

G.J

V.H. 4 life
Yea Capel comparison made sense last year when he was still looking at the ground, turning and twisting to no avail. This season he brought a completly different game. I agree with Meta regarding his finishing and creating, thats why I think he should be played more in the middle, especially as Bojan few impressive games came on the wings. So yea, Pedro for CF!

Home of Barca Fans