Pedro Rodriguez

Ronnie10

Pep had it right last year to not always start him and play Tello and Cuenca a lot of the times. Tito this year has guaranteed Pedro's spot way too much!

That's what annoys me. Pep didn't hesitated a second when he throw out from the team the likes of Ronaldinho, Deco, Ibrahimovic and etc. When someone is not performing well then he benched them. Now Tito just uses the same lineup Guardiola was using last season. No matter what the same players are getting the spot. It's ridiculous.

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
Yep, I agree.
I love Pedro, but this wasn't exactly his best season.

Ehm, his best 2 seasons! Not even a squad player for me anymore when we have Tello, Cuenca (unfortunately seems to be injured all the time - but is 150% more talented) and Deloufe coming through. I'd sell his ass, La Masia or Catalan or not - take Villa with him and Bartra on loan. Then we get Neymar, a 'real' forward and at least 2 killer defenders.

ryuken

Ehm, his best 2 seasons! Not even a squad player for me anymore when we have Tello, Cuenca (unfortunately seems to be injured all the time - but is 150% more talented) and Deloufe coming through. I'd sell his ass, La Masia or Catalan or not - take Villa with him and Bartra on loan. Then we get Neymar, a 'real' forward and at least 2 killer defenders.

This

Henry_IB

Banned
That's what annoys me. Pep didn't hesitated a second when he throw out from the team the likes of Ronaldinho, Deco, Ibrahimovic and etc. When someone is not performing well then he benched them. Now Tito just uses the same lineup Guardiola was using last season. No matter what the same players are getting the spot. It's ridiculous.

Except last season Pedro didn't get a lot of playing time under Pep until the very end of the season.

BerkeleyBernie

Except last season Pedro didn't get a lot of playing time under Pep until the very end of the season.

You forget to mention that Pedro was often injured in 2011-2012. And you are also wrong:

Out of 38 league games:
Pedro was part of the club's lineup 32 times.
He was 20 times in the starting team, got substituted in 9 times and stayed on the bench 3 times.
He was not in the lineup 6 times, due to injury.
Most of his sub-ins were after coming back from injury.

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/p...edesma/leistungsdaten/spieler_65278_2011.html

Henry_IB

Banned
You forget to mention that Pedro was often injured in 2011-2012. And you are also wrong:

Out of 38 league games:
Pedro was part of the club's lineup 32 times.
He was 20 times in the starting team, got substituted in 9 times and stayed on the bench 3 times.
He was not in the lineup 6 times, due to injury.
Most of his sub-ins were after coming back from injury.

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/p...edesma/leistungsdaten/spieler_65278_2011.html

I haven't bothered to check it up but I despite your figures I know it is still less than how much he was utilized in the 09/10 and 10/11 season. Pep him said after the copa del rey final I believe that he didn't know why he hadn't played Pedro more. Pehaps I worded myself clumsy saying he got little playing time. But he definitely wasn't a given first starter last year which was the point I was trying to make in my response to the person who said Tito is copying Pep's lineup.

barcanuck

During the Bayern game I bet you anything Pep would of started our most in form scorer AKA Tello! Yet Tello played 0 mins in both games. He started Cuenca against Chelsea in the second leg of CL last year and the boy setup the first goal to Busquets. Tito's lineups are too set this year with the whole Cesc Xavi and Iniesta on LW move. He barely offered any variation. Hell he realized we need a #9 against Milan in the SECOND leg only and what does he do against Bayern in the first leg? Go back to Pedro and Sanchez who are like 2 peas in a pot on the wings. Really big mistakes from Tito up front this year sticking to what doesn't work instead of trying the speed of Tello in the big game or the finess of Thiago. I bet Xavi would of even been benched since he's clearly nursing his achilees and Thiago would of started at least one of the PSG and Bayern games. Yet he only played 30 mins or so in 4 big CL matches. /rant

Darko

I am just hoping he gets back into his old from,he was a great player.
Not to mention the lack of right wingers(that are left footed) on the market,only Robben and Hulk come to mind but neither are suitable to Barca.

And yeah,Pep would start Tello,like he did in the Clasico,it failed then,but it worked numerous times before,Guardiola had not only a brilliant mind but also balls of steel.

ceefoo

Sorry if I'm stating the obvious, but Winger is not his best position.

I see him more as a Javier Hernández type, central striker.

He doesn't have the instincts of a natural wide player, and he doesn't possess the pace or trickery of one either.

I feel as long as he stays at Barca, we will never see the best of him as we never seem to play to his strengths and he only gets played as foil to Messi.

AvocadoCake

I disagree, but I see your point. He's not so much a Cuenca type player who stays very wide on the wing, he's more like DV who is narrower, allowing him to get closer to goal and shoot. I actually think the same could be said for Alexis, it's just that they're being played wider for whatever reason.

jklz

I feel like a lot of his issues are with him having to stick near the touchline. He barely makes his diagonal runs anymore. If this is due to Tito's tactics or something else, I don't know. He still does it with Spain.

BerkeleyBernie

I feel like a lot of his issues are with him having to stick near the touchline. He barely makes his diagonal runs anymore. If this is due to Tito's tactics or something else, I don't know. He still does it with Spain.

It's gotta be Barça tactics, same to Alexis on the other wing. Not sure what it's intended to accomplish other than to "give space to Messi" (which, in effect, puts Messi walking alone in the middle of 8 opposing players, until he goes false 9 and all of Barça is now outside 2 banks of 4).

Home of Barca Fans