Pedro Rodriguez

Kerrybai

It's gotta be Barça tactics, same to Alexis on the other wing. Not sure what it's intended to accomplish other than to "give space to Messi" (which, in effect, puts Messi walking alone in the middle of 8 opposing players, until he goes false 9 and all of Barça is now outside 2 banks of 4).

I don't think it has anything to do with giving space to Messi, playing wide doesn't drag the opposition CB's out of position. Giving space to Messi would involved Pedro taking up central positions to occupy the CB's. We seem to have an obsession with occupying the entire pitch. It makes no sense to play our wingers so wide when our wing backs can do do the same job. I hope Tito realises the tactical changes we need.

Zebulun

according to rumours we could use pedro + cash to get thiago silva, are you all ok with that? even after everything he did in the 08-09 season

El Guaje

according to rumours we could use pedro + cash to get thiago silva, are you all ok with that? even after everything he did in the 08-09 season

08/09 he was a benchwarmer as far as i can remember. He got his breakthrough the season after.

And yeah im all for it, what he did 3-4+ years ago is irrelevant, what matters is TODAY and he has been crap for like 2,5 seasons now.

BarcaJack

We seem to have an obsession with occupying the entire pitch. It makes no sense to play our wingers so wide when our wing backs can do do the same job.
And it makes no sense when the link between wingers and midfielders gets cut off by a strong defense like Bayern.

F

Flavia

Confused by Pedro's situation. He did well in Spain national team, though.

Against really weak teams. I'd keep him as a squad player, not the starter he is now.
But if Psg takes him for Silva, I'd do it.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Tough to weigh in on Pedro, one of my favorite gems that we can credit Pep for unearthing and molding into a vital cog for several years...But it's true, he's not really a starter any longer, for us - remarkable when you consider he's only turning 26 in a few months...Still can score some lovely goals and is a terrific passer and assist man but his effectiveness in front of goal or out wide has diminished considerably...Definitely plays better for La Roja which suggests it's the way he's been instructed to play for Barcelona otherwise it's hard to comprehend...I'd be gutted to see him go because the truth is that when he's on, there isn't a player in the squad that can provide what he does...He's a hard worker, the model cantera player - but, sadly, it seems they broke the mold with him

Not a starter but perfect as a rotation player, IMO...Would be bittersweet to bid the player farewell but the team needs goalscorers and if Deulofeu gets more minutes next season and Cuenca eventually returning, when would Pedro play?

If he can be part of a deal for Silva that would lighten the fee considerably, I'd understand but it'd be tough to see him go

Galning

Pedro's main strength was always being a finisher + hard worker. The working hard is still there but when was the last time he actually got half of these assists? He rarely gets into these scoring positions.

[YOUTUBE]KpZoXxM0mm0[/YOUTUBE]

F

Flavia

Forgot the one against France. But Uruguay's been bad for a while, and it was a friendly. He scored against Psg too, but it doesn't change the fact he's not the same.

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
We had much more movement, and more players, around and in the penalty area earlier... we need to get that back.

Andrew M

Pedro's main strength was always being a finisher + hard worker. The working hard is still there but when was the last time he actually got half of these assists? He rarely gets into these scoring positions.

[YOUTUBE]KpZoXxM0mm0[/YOUTUBE]

Yes, I agree with that. When he first started to appear in 08-09/09-10 I thought he had many deficiencies, but he always pressed like crazy and had a knack for scoring which has departed him these days

Ronnie10

Pedro is the same player. It just we seem to not create as many chances as before. Pedro is a good finisher, but he isnt good at creating chances.

Zebulun

Yes, I agree with that. When he first started to appear in 08-09/09-10 I thought he had many deficiencies, but he always pressed like crazy and had a knack for scoring which has departed him these days

to be honest based on this video and his scoring run for spain i say we should keep pedro and use him as a backup striker. he's our only player that can play equally as good with both feet and knows how to score. i say keep pedro and use sanchez as the makeweight for silva. we all know sanchez doesnt bring anything new to our table besides diving and falling over! #keeppedro

Home of Barca Fans