Pedro Rodriguez

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
We had much more movement, and more players, around and in the penalty area earlier... we need to get that back.

While I agree, that wouldn't have helped against Bayern. We hardly had the ball under control on their half for almost 180 minutes.

J

jiopi

Goals - Shots in La Liga

09-10 12 - 38
10-11 13 - 60
11-12 5 - 40
12-13 5 - 34

He has the same amount of shots, but he just hasn't got the same quality which he had two seasons ago.

Galning

Same amount of shots doesn't mean same genre of chances.. I'm so sick of this stats generation. Just watch a few games of Pedro 2 years ago and a few games of this season.. obviously not the same.

[YOUTUBE]PIPRy0oI7r0[/YOUTUBE]

Look at these goals. When was the last time you remember him missing an absolute sitter or a couple of chances like Villa last week? I honestly can't recall it simply because the only thing he does now is sit on the right wing and pass the ball back to a midfielder. Pedro never was the type of winger like Tello and it's not his fault he isn't used to his strength which is finishing. It's hard to finish when you're standing near the sideline.
And yeah he still scores for Spain but all of a sudden that's due to poor opposition. Okay.

J

jiopi

You say he has lost the quality of scoring goals and I'm saying he isn't getting in the same scoring positions.
And with the quality I can mean the quality of getting into the positions. Which is exactly why I didn't use the word chance.

Now Pedro's quality has dropped in either by worse finishing, or worse getting into the positions. And for me, I think it's both.

Galning

It's not like he can run wherever he wants to. Playing good isn't only up to the player it's also the coach's responsibility. He has to get the best out of everybody and with Pedro - and probably with the entire squad- Vilanova hasn't been able to do that so far.
I think nobody played better this season or even on par this season as they were the last seasons, maybe Messi.. but yeah he's Messi.

Valdés - poorer, Alves - poorer, Piqué - poorer, Iniesta - poorer, Xavi - poorer, Busquets - poorer, Villa - poorer, Pedro - poorer. Coincidence? I think not.

Gilberto

I have to agree with Galning, here. In my opinion pedro has not become a lot worse than he was, if he became worse at all.

J

jiopi

Sanchez is getting into the positions in every game, and I don't believe in the slightest that has anything to do with tactics, but about the quality of the player. He just has poor finishing. I also see Pedro's running quality bad, it's mostly mindless running without thinking.

JamDav1982

I have to agree with Galning, here. In my opinion pedro has not become a lot worse than he was, if he became worse at all.

I dont think he has become worse either but teams have worked out that let him have the ball in wide areas and he is fairly ineffective.

Stop him getting into goal scoring positions in the middle, leave him out wide one on one with fullback who sits off him. He cant hurt teams as he is not a great dribbler or passer of the ball.

Irish_Cules

It's not like he can run wherever he wants to. Playing good isn't only up to the player it's also the coach's responsibility. He has to get the best out of everybody and with Pedro - and probably with the entire squad- Vilanova hasn't been able to do that so far.
I think nobody played better this season or even on par this season as they were the last seasons, maybe Messi.. but yeah he's Messi.

Valdés - poorer, Alves - poorer, Piqué - poorer, Iniesta - poorer, Xavi - poorer, Busquets - poorer, Villa - poorer, Pedro - poorer. Coincidence? I think not.

I don't think its necessarily true that Busquets and Iniesta have been poorer. I know it''s hard to think past the last few weeks but those two have been excellent for most of the season. Iniesta has been phenomenal for us throughout the season. It's only the last couple of weeks that his level has dropped and his two games against Bayern are the worst I've ever seen him play. Otherwise though, he has been extremely consistent and lets not forget that this season has seen him being compared to Zidane.I think I'm right in saying that he has the most assists that he has had in a season? I'm not sure but he has a lot anyway.
Busquets played some of the best football of his career in the first half of the season. His level did drop significantly from February onwards but I think a lot of that is down to his hernia problem. It's nothing to do with Tito not being able to get the best out of him really.

Home of Barca Fans