Pedro Rodriguez

DinhoR10

Pedro's scored more goals than Alexis this season, but Alexis has been far better overall. Alexis has also been more consistent (including in terms of scoring). Pedro can score a hat trick one game and then completely disappear the next.

Not saying he's been better than alexis just saying that he's doing what he's paid to do, score.

With goals against the mighty Rayo, Granada, Cartagena, Levante and Celtic...

Well he can't score against madrid if you don't play him against madrid, he's our 3rd winger right now so its not like hes been starting every match. And when last has alexis scored against celtic? Just saying.

CatalinR10

Not saying he's been better than alexis just saying that he's doing what he's paid to do, score.

Well he can't score against madrid if you don't play him against madrid, he's our 3rd winger right now so its not like hes been starting every match. And when last has alexis scored against celtic? Just saying.

4evp1.gif

This goal > all goals scored by Pedro the whole year.

Darko

The fact he scored a few tap ins doesnt mean anything, he has been one of the worst performers this season.
The bolded part is just :facepalm:

BerkeleyBernie

The fact he missed [cough Alexis cough] a few tap ins doesnt mean anything

Jus' sayin' :D

Pedro is a lot like Busquets in that he's a player's player, whose work often goes under the radar, dissed by forumites "...while teammates praise me? Maybe they value me more because they know more about football." (Busquets)

Semi-Neutral

Sir Alupp Heynrguson
Except Busquets is pretty widely regarded as the best defensive midfielder in the world, and rarely if ever has a bad game, while Pedro regularly misses easy to take chances and offers little threat going forward besides finishing. He works hard and very rarely gives away possession, but he has no creativity, especially in his passing, and so is a very limited player. If he was just a player who worked hard and got a goal or two every time he featured against a smaller team, I would be perfectly fine with that, but the problem is he tends to go invisible for long stretches in which he does nothing in the attacking third due to inconsistent finishing and poor decision making. Not to mention he does poorly against larger teams because he doesn't have the brilliant dribbling of Neymar nor the creativity of Alexis; all he can offer is break at pace and tuck away finishes. Again, that would be fine if he was consistent, but he isn't. He either offers a goal outlet against smaller teams when he's in form, or a roadrunner who is guaranteed to fluff a few chances when he's not. I absolutely loathe this phrase, but I think for Pedro it must be said; he's just not good enough for Barca. No trickery, no creativity, no incisive passing, what we saw against Cartagena was probably the best of Pedro we'll ever see, while Alexis and Neymar have still to hit their ceilings in terms of performance and have already outperformed Pedro.

Last edited:

BerkeleyBernie

Except Busquets is pretty widely regarded as the best defensive midfielder in the world, and rarely if ever has a bad game, while Pedro regularly misses easy to take chances and offers little threat going forward besides finishing. He works hard and very rarely gives away possession, but he has no creativity, especially in his passing, and so is a very limited player. If he was just a player who worked hard and got a goal or two every time he featured against a smaller team, I would be perfectly fine with that, but the problem is he tends to go invisible for long stretches in which he does nothing in the attacking third due to inconsistent finishing and poor decision making. Not to mention he does poorly against larger teams because he doesn't have the brilliant dribbling of Neymar nor the creativity of Alexis; all he can offer is break at pace and tuck away finishes. Again, that would be fine if he was consistent, but he isn't. He either offers a goal outlet against smaller teams when he's in form, or a roadrunner who is guaranteed to fluff a few chances when he's not. I absolutely loathe this phrase, but I think for Pedro it must be said; he's just not good enough for Barca. No trickery, no creativity, no incisive passing, what we saw against Cartagena was probably the best of Pedro we'll ever see, while Alexis and Neymar have still to hit their ceilings in terms of performance and have already outperformed Pedro.

As I said, he appears invisible to the average observer. People don't remember his key passes, assists, great positioning and 1-touch wall passes to set up Messi and other players. I'm happy Alexis is finally starting to calm down enough to play similar close inside passes, but Pedro has been providing that day-in day-out (less often when Tito had him stranded out on the wings to make space in the middle for Messi).

Semi-Neutral

Sir Alupp Heynrguson

That^ was basically what Pedro offers us these days (sorry for the terrible video quality). To be fair, he also had a handful of assists (9), I seem to remember that most of them were in the beginning of the season, tapping it across goal for Messi to finish. But that video shows exactly what I'm talking about; every goal but one of them (against Uruguay) was slotting home from inside the box, every goal but four/five of them (PSG, Real Madrid, Uruguay, France, and maybe Sociedad) was against mediocre to poor opponents, and there was no individual skill, no brilliance, (save for his first touch for the Madrid goal) just simple finishing. Goals like that would suggest an opportunistic, "natural striker" type player, but his scoring rate of 7 goals in 23 games in La Liga and 1 goal in 10 CL games would beg to differ. Those aren't terrible stats, but they aren't what we want from a player vying for first choice in our squad.

What you mentioned about wall passes (I'm guessing 1-2s, I haven't heard that term?) is expected from Barcelona players, Alexis, Neymar, Cuenca, and even the more selfish Tello and Deulofeu can all offer that as well. We drill one-touch passing to a ridiculous extent, so while it is impressive to a club like United or Chelsea (two random ones off the top of my head), for us that is not something that should be mentioned when discussing if a player is good for us.

DinhoR10

4evp1.gif

This goal > all goals scored by Pedro the whole year.

Its a nice goal, more important then pedro's goals this season (Pedro vs PSG was more important if you're talking about the calender year). But it doesn't discredit what I said, pedro does what he's paid to do. Is he a world-beater? No, and nobody expects him to be. I don't see the point on raging on him when he's doing what he the team needs of him. And if it makes you feel any better in a season or 2 we'll have Deulofeu hopefully by then a worldbeater as our starting RW, and we'll have sold pedro to PSG for 40mill lmao.

And @Darko i mentioned that cause you added celtic like we usually beat them easily, in the 3 games before this we lost, had messi save us late on and scrapped through after they went down to 10 men.

KhaledBarca

So now Barcelona fans expect every single player to be as good as Messi or he's not good enough! You can't compare what Messi and Neymar dos to what Pedro is doing since joining 1st team in 2009! You can't have 4 Messis or 4 Neymars on the Team.

You need to have a Messi, a Neymar an Alexis a Pedro and a Tello!
Pedro runs more than any of the above players, he rarely losses the ball, in fact he also recovers the most balls between our forwards. He's a a hard worker and you need a forward like Pedro in your squad especially that he doesn't complain when he's rotated. He plays for the Team!!!

About Pedro not performing in big games, really?
Since joining the 1st team he scored a lot of important goals. I can't forget he's opening goal in UCL Final, or his equalizer in last minute of CWC Final which allowed us to win the SEXTUPLE, or his winner against Shakhtar in UEFA super or his goals in the clasico against Madrid or in the derbies against Espanyol or his goal against PSG, or his goals in Cup final against Bilbao etc..

I still don't know why all the hate towards Pedro, when he's been doing well this season, last year people were bashing him because he wasn't scoring enough goals, this season he already has 10 goals that's more than Alexis (8) and Neymar (8) although he took much less shots! He's still running like a dog in every match, always playing for the team and yet you're complaining!!

Last edited:

MrKnowitAlll

So now Barcelona fans expect every single player to be as good as Messi or he's not good enough! You can't compare what Messi and Neymar dos to what Pedro is doing since joining 1st team in 2009! You can't have 4 Messis or 4 Neymars on the Team.

Pedro runs more than any of the above players, he rarely losses the ball, in fact he also recovers the most balls between our forwards. He's a a hard worker and you need a forward like Pedro in your squad especially that he doesn't complain when he's rotated. He plays for the Team!!!

Since joining the 1st team he scored a lot of important goals. I can't forget he's opening goal in UCL Final, or his equalizer in last minute of CWC Final which allowed us to win the SEXTUPLE, or his winner against Shakhtar in UEFA super or his goals in the clasico against Madrid or in the derbies against Espanyol or his goal against PSG, or his goals in Cup final against Bilbao etc..

I still don't know why all the hate towards Pedro, when he's been doing well this season, last year people were bashing him because he wasn't scoring enough goals, this season he already has 10 goals that's more than Alexis (8) and Neymar (8) although he took much less shots! He's still running like a dog in every match, always playing for the team and yet you're complaining!!

this.

people expect everyone on to be superstars.

squad players are the most important because they are fine with having to sit on the bench for a while or they pass to somoene else to score. If everyone was mistakeless and really good they would never accept being feeder boy to Messi not matter who he is.

DinhoR10

+10

Meitux

You keep using cheap excuses to justify everything related about him. He may had 2 very good seasons in 2009 2010 and 2010 2011 but that times are long gone, he's not that player any more and actually he was never a world class player, he was decent enough but nowdays to what he is, he's not enough to be on the attack of a team like Barcelona. Excuses likes recovering the balls or hard working aren't shadowing his general image, he's a forward after all, we should judge him to what he mainly should do, adding something different is on second faith.

And would you really expect him to complain from the moment right now nobody is interested of buying him? He's lucky enough to be still on this team having behind him 2 tottaly average years. All the goals you mention are from the past, im definitely not forgetting them but as i said this has been long time ago and there's no point of mentioning them right now. Using excuses from the past to justify a player this moment even if he's not performing is in fact absurd or even i would call it cheap reasons without imagination to justify him.

And definitely this season he has been nothing special to what you yourself are comparing him to the last years, right now he's no more than average having glimpses of good performances at times, he's definitely unstable and doesn't deserve to start. In fact i don't expect him to bring something special whenever he comes in...

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans