Pedro Rodriguez

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
Yup. Neymar shares your opinion. Oh, wait...

http://www.insidespanishfootball.com/71147/neymar-pedro-has-surprised-me-the-most/

Pedro is a footballer's footballer. The average fan doesn't see or understand half of what he does on the pitch, but other footballers do. Not to say he hasn't performed better than in the last few weeks, but it's been a tough season with Tata's tactics, and benching him for Cesc and Neymar because of their marquee value (you ain't gonna sit your moneymaker players who draw the worldwide audience and endorsements).

Hope he'll make the final cut for Spain's World Cup squad. If he does, I'm sure he'll play a fine part of their winning it again.

anigif_enhanced-buzz-23795-1384193816-32.gif

Semi-Neutral

Sir Alupp Heynrguson
The average fan doesn't see or understand half of what he does on the pitch

the subtle insult :worthy:

And for the record, I like Pedro for what he does, and though I think he should come nowhere close to our starting XI he should absolutely stay as a squad player, he's a likeable guy and a beast for Spain, my only problem with him is that he pretty frequently suffers bouts of inconsistency where he can't even fulfill his role, i.e. his finishing isn't clinical, his passing is meh, he loses the ball frequently etc., in the past few weeks is one such case

barcanuck

We can find someone with his work rate just as easily but we don't need a midget with his work rate we need someone like Raul Garcia who can defend a set piece and win a header from a goal kick. He is there for work rate, we need his work rate but with a bigger body. We have too many small guys we need to win some duels. Our goalies are afraid to kick the ball into the midfield because they know we lose every duel.

Armando929

We should have kept Villa and sold him instead. Alexis already offers us what Pedro does except he's a better dribbler. And this would have given Tello more opportunities too.

I agree that we should sell him before they all start to see that he isn't that good.

CesDel

We should have kept Villa and sold him instead. Alexis already offers us what Pedro does except he's a better dribbler. And this would have given Tello more opportunities too.

I agree that we should sell him before they all start to see that he isn't that good.

Villa has probably been even worse than Pedro this season, and his wages would have been huuuuuge this season..

Butaan4barca

any team would love to have him, And he would make first 11 of any team in the world right now. We would be foolish to let him go. The guy has immense workrate , is a very good goal scorer, one of the best when it comes to one on one.

And he is a team player. Makes sacrifices, he plays tactical off the ball games most of the time he plays, and defends a lot aswell. That is why you don't see him on the screen much.
He doesn't go missing if he is staying out wide to keep the back four stretched.
I don't think either him or alexis is going to leave us in the forseeable future.

anguy

Pedro needs to go, even if no attacker is bought... Otherwise the youngsters from LaMasia will never get their chance. He's an average player, who reached his ceiling and Barca should not keep such players. IMO the best lineup are 4 world class frowards plus 2 youngsters. Players like Tello, Pedro, Cuenca etc. who are decent but not great should be sold immediately if it's clear they won't improve anymore. And Alexis must be sold for some taller attacker.

Home of Barca Fans