Pedro Rodriguez

DinhoR10

But Pedro is ambidextrous and has shown that he can cut in on his left so i dont understand why he doesnt do it more often.

anguy

But Pedro is ambidextrous and has shown that he can cut in on his left so i dont understand why he doesnt do it more often.

His right foot is still much better. People have been saying he's crap for the last few seasons without realizing he's being played out of position. His versatility was his curse. Because other strikers like Villa and Neymar are so much better on LW, Pedro was moved to RW, because he was at least decent when playing there. Sanchez was the same case. He plays mostly in middle or LW for Arsenal and look hom much better he looks.

DinhoR10

His right foot is still much better. People have been saying he's crap for the last few seasons without realizing he's being played out of position. His versatility was his curse. Because other strikers like Villa and Neymar are so much better on LW, Pedro was moved to RW, because he was at least decent when playing there. Sanchez was the same case. He plays mostly in middle or LW for Arsenal and look hom much better he looks.

True, thankfully we have Halilovic/Adama/Munir/Deulofeu who all thrive on the RW.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana

+1

anguy

True, thankfully we have Halilovic/Adama/Munir/Deulofeu who all thrive on the RW.

I see Halilovic more as 10/false nine (despite the fact that coaches are pushing him to the RW). He has not enough speed and strength to be really great winger IMO. In fact he's quite simialr to Messi (Rafinha is the same case). Munir is no RW at all, he's even more out of position there, than Sanchez and Pedro ever were. He's more technical no 9. And I find Deulofeu remarkably similar to Pedro/Sanchez in style.

Adama is perfectly suited for RW, true. He's fast and strong enough to beat his defender to the outside. That's the reason why I believe he has the best chance to make it as A teamer of all these young players.

I'd love to see this 4-2-3-1 formation sometimes:

Alves -------------- Pique --------------Masch -------------Alba
---------------Busq-------------------------Rakitic----------------

Adama -------------------Messi ------------------------Neymar
--------------------- ------Suarez--------------------------------

BerkeleyBernie

Didnt help Messi and Neymar at all.

Not true. Both dangerous free kicks in the first half came from Messi-Pedro combinations (foul on Messi, foul on Pedro), one of which Messi almost converted, the other becoming Xavi's assist to Pique. Pedro was on right, Messi was back to his false 9. Not the same system as played with Suarez as CF.

Rafinha's positioning was poor, never helping on the left with Neymar and Alba (as Iniesta and Suarez do). If that was a Lucho instruction, I don't understand it.

DinhoR10

I see Halilovic more as 10/false nine (despite the fact that coaches are pushing him to the RW). He has not enough speed and strength to be really great winger IMO. In fact he's quite simialr to Messi (Rafinha is the same case). Munir is no RW at all, he's even more out of position there, than Sanchez and Pedro ever were. He's more technical no 9. And I find Deulofeu remarkably similar to Pedro/Sanchez in style.

Adama is perfectly suited for RW, true. He's fast and strong enough to beat his defender to the outside. That's the reason why I believe he has the best chance to make it as A teamer of all these young players.

I'd love to see this 4-2-3-1 formation sometimes:

Alves -------------- Pique --------------Masch -------------Alba
---------------Busq-------------------------Rakitic----------------

Adama -------------------Messi ------------------------Neymar
--------------------- ------Suarez--------------------------------

Deulofeu is not as limited as Pedro and has shown dynamism on the RW time and time again, Also Munir plays really well cutting in from wide positions.

BerkeleyBernie

He's more accustomed to playing on the right half of the pitch. That could explain it.

Rafinha's heat map shows him kinda where you'd expect, center and left. But every time Neymar and Alba got the ball in the first half, he was nowhere to be seen and they were left to work on their own. I'm guessing he moved towards front center and right when Messi dropped into his false 9/right side area, but that left the left wing attack with no support when ball was switched. Without Suarez shuttling left to right along the front (which Messi doesn't do), Mascherano not as savvy as Busquets, and Rafinha not as positionally disciplined as Iniesta, the left wing was pretty well neutered until Elche went a man down.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Deulofeu is quite one dimensional which is not a sin if you're awesome at it(for ex Robben), but he is not.....

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Well said.

Don't know what some people expect from Pedro. If he had Neymar's dribbling skills and Messi's finishing he would be Balon d'Or contendor.
He's proving useful for 7th season now. Humble, rotation player who's still among hardest workers in the team.

Alik

If he had Neymar's dribbling skills and Messi's finishing he would be Balon d'Or contendor.

Just chipping in, on a side note, if anyone had both Neymar's dribbling and Messi's finishing they'd be Balon d'Or contenders :p

Home of Barca Fans