Pedro Rodriguez

barcanuck

Adama, Deulo, Sandro, Munir are more willing to sit on the bench to watch MSN play. That will be the deciding factor in Pedro's future. Is he willing to eat bench from now on.

yahudi

Its not only Munir or Sandro...Its Adama who will probably be in the first team next season. He is a hard worker just like Pedro and better in taking on players. Stll raw, but he could be useful as a super sub against tired defenders.

The same Munir who couldn't buy a goal in the last few months with the first team? Or the Sandro who right now looks mad uncomfortable playing out wide for Barca B? Or the Adama who decides to dribble 3 players everytime he gets the ball regardless of his surroundings?

Pedro is certainly not hitting the heights he used to. But his lows are usually still not as bad as the lows of the aforementioned guys (due to experience,workrate etc etc). Unfortunately, Deulofeu still hasn't blossomed the way we hoped and with the transfer ban there ain't too many options availiable.

akaranzo

The only reason why Pedro is still in Barca is because he is (or was at least) okay with being a backup. Now if he's complaining about not getting enough time on the field, he needs to go. He's basically useless compared to our starters and I'd rather we give the limited minutes to some young developing players.

yahudi

The only reason why Pedro is still in Barca is because he is (or was at least) okay with being a backup. Now if he's complaining about not getting enough time on the field, he needs to go. He's basically useless compared to our starters and I'd rather we give the limited minutes to some young developing players.

Don't see no complaining here. It's obviously difficult for him to get any meaningful minutes behind the superstar trio, you can't deny it. Thought his answer was alright.

The thing Pedro offers right now is security. If something were to happen to one of the front three Barca at least has a reliable experienced backup. Once Pedro is gone, there are only the youngins to rely on in case of injury or suspension.

DinhoR10

Don't see no complaining here. It's obviously difficult for him to get any meaningful minutes behind the superstar trio, you can't deny it. Thought his answer was alright.

The thing Pedro offers right now is security. If something were to happen to one of the front three Barca at least has a reliable experienced backup. Once Pedro is gone, there are only the youngins to rely on in case of injury or suspension.

Thats kind've why we need to start raising a new backup for the RW Suarez can play on the left wing and Sandro in the center if need be in a smaller game but aside from Messi we have no competent RW but we have young prospects like Halilovic and Adama who may be able to fill that backup role.

Zangash

Banned

If anything were to happen to any of our front three and we had to play Pedro we'd be just as screwed as we would be if we had to play Munir. If we played Sandro we'd even be less screwed, actually.

DinhoR10

If anything were to happen to any of our front three and we had to play Pedro we'd be just as screwed as we would be if we had to play Munir. If we played Sandro we'd even be less screwed, actually.

+1 Sandro goalscoring wise might be our best CF with Suarez's current form :lol:

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Pedro can play on both sides od attack (plays with both feet) and already proved useful as right winger in 3-4-3.
And don't forget he's been an asset for Barca since 2008 and always among hardest workers in this team.
I'd definitely keep him even if we weren't under transfer ban.

Zangash

Banned
Pedro can play on both sides od attack (plays with both feet) and already proved useful as right winger in 3-4-3.
And don't forget he's been an asset for Barca since 2008 and always among hardest workers in this team.

How effectively can he play on both sides? Any side he plays on suddenly becomes a massive weak link for us.

As far as the 3-4-3 goes, if we were to ever play that again, I'd still say he's easily replaceable. In the only game we played in that formation he didn't have a great game, he was just better than his usual poor performances.

yahudi

Thats kind've why we need to start raising a new backup for the RW Suarez can play on the left wing and Sandro in the center if need be in a smaller game but aside from Messi we have no competent RW but we have young prospects like Halilovic and Adama who may be able to fill that backup role.

True. Matter of fact, I actually see Adama growing into the Jeffren/Tello role of a fast counterattacking winger backup. But first he needs to improve his final product and fix his tendency to run head-down into defenders.

Halilovic still has along way to go. His occasional flashes of brilliance do not make up for his deficits yet.

I'd advise you to watch the recent Barca B games. You would see how Sandro struggles with being out wide. He'd probably do better when played as an inside striker (like earlier this season), but so.would Pedro. And Sandro is still more of a gamble.

+1 Sandro goalscoring wise might be our best CF with Suarez's current form :lol:

It's not like Sandro is scoring plenty right now. Other than penalties, he has not much to show for the last months. In fact, he actually missed quite a few chances recently

This

Zangash

Banned
True. Matter of fact, I actually see Adama growing into the Jeffren/Tello role of a fast counterattacking winger backup. But first he needs to improve his final product and fix his tendency to run head-down into defenders.

Halilovic still has along way to go. His occasional flashes of brilliance do not make up for his deficits yet.

I'd advise you to watch the recent Barca B games. You would see how Sandro struggles with being out wide. He'd probably do better when played as an inside striker, but so.would Pedro. And Sandro is still more of a gamble.

It's not like Sandro is scoring plenty right now. Other than penalties, he has not much to show for the last months. In fact, he actually missed quite a few chances recently

This

Where is this talk of Sandro playing wide coming from? Unless the attacker we lose is Messi himself chances are losing one of the front three would result in our tactics going back to Messi behind the two strikers, a position that saw Pedro score a single goal in 9+ games, which indicates that he would not do better, actually.

yahudi

Where is this talk of Sandro playing wide coming from? Unless the attacker we lose is Messi himself chances are losing one of the front three would result in our tactics going back to Messi behind the two strikers, a position that saw Pedro score a single goal in 9+ games, which indicates that he would not do better, actually.

There are 3 possible scenarios

1) Messi is absent. Either play Rafinha in a winger/AM hybrid role, or fill the wing with Pedro. Don't see how Sandro could improve the elven in this scenario
2) Neymar is absent. Either you go for a like-for-like replacement and play Pedro or you take a gamble, shift the entire front three once again to accomodate Sandro. Which one is more likely to bear fruit?
3) Suarez is absent. That's where Sandro comes in, either as direct CF replacement or an inside striker like earlier in the season.

2 out of 3 scenarios are probably better off with Pedro. Given Sandro's recent run of form, I'd even say all 3 speak against him

Rudey

People forget that he's had some good performances this season, he has also scored so that's a sign of good things to come. He also had an impact on the Ajax away game..

He's not the best in his position, nor the worst. And if even on FIFA - that hit Barcelona with a big overall downgrade - he has some potential, then it must be for a good reason. Of course, not saying that he has the potential to become a WC winger based on a game, but you need to admire his determination.

DinhoR10

There are 3 possible scenarios

1) Messi is absent. Either play Rafinha in a winger/AM hybrid role, or fill the wing with Pedro. Don't see how Sandro could improve the elven in this scenario
2) Neymar is absent. Either you go for a like-for-like replacement and play Pedro or you take a gamble, shift the entire front three once again to accomodate Sandro. Which one is more likely to bear fruit?
3) Suarez is absent. That's where Sandro comes in, either as direct CF replacement or an inside striker like earlier in the season.

2 out of 3 scenarios are probably better off with Pedro. Given Sandro's recent run of form, I'd even say all 3 speak against him

Regardless of his form with the B team Sandro has always played well with the A team, Suarez can play on the left and if you watch his goals from liverpool a fair number are him cutting in from the left hand side.

Icarium

Lifestealer
Barcelona for now don't plan renewal talks with Pedro (27), whose contract expires in 2016. His future will depend on the coach. [md]

Good, keep him until 2016 and then release him. I doubt we will get more than 8-10M for him, so extending his contract is pointless. Both the club and player should move on.

Home of Barca Fans