Pedro Rodriguez

EdmondDantes

That would be a shame in my opinion, I love Pedrito as a player but I do understand his desire for first team football. I don't wanna see him go but if it's best for his own career then he should do it. However I think he can and should be an important player for us in the future. He's a quality player, if he goes to the Premier League I see him making a similar impact to what Alexis has been doing at Arsenal.

anguy

Pedro can play on both sides od attack (plays with both feet) and already proved useful as right winger in 3-4-3.

Pedro can play on both sides, but he has been pretty poor on RW lately. He played better in past, when he was supported by Alves, but now with Alves offensive decline he can't do anything. Let's take Elche game for example, when Messi played in center there was huge hole on our right flank (Pedro, Alves). He can play better as LW, but we have Neymar there with Sandro, Suarez, Iniesta and next year Deulofeu as other options.

Thats kind've why we need to start raising a new backup for the RW Suarez can play on the left wing and Sandro in the center if need be in a smaller game but aside from Messi we have no competent RW but we have young prospects like Halilovic and Adama who may be able to fill that backup role.

Rafinha is actually pretty decent RW right now. And his playing style is quite similar to Messi, so that it would be easier for others to adapt when he's on pitch.

My take on our potential options in attack next year(players sorted by their quality and with Pedro missing)

Neymar/Suarez/Iniesta/Deulo/Sandro ----------------- Messi/Suarez/Rafinha/Munir/Sandro ------------------Messi/Rafinha/Suarez/Adama/Deulo.

mark1nhu

That would be a shame in my opinion, I love Pedrito as a player but I do understand his desire for first team football. I don't wanna see him go but if it's best for his own career then he should do it. However I think he can and should be an important player for us in the future. He's a quality player, if he goes to the Premier League I see him making a similar impact to what Alexis has been doing at Arsenal.

Really like Pedro, but...

He needs to show first team football BEFORE desiring first team football.

And he definitely cannot make similar impact to Alexis in Premier League.

EdmondDantes

Made up for his goal. We have 4 fantastic forwards and a bunch of important games coming up. He'll see more playing time as he is not putting a foot wrong whenever he's afforded the chance.

Zangash

Banned
Made up for his goal. We have 4 fantastic forwards and a bunch of important games coming up. He'll see more playing time as he is not putting a foot wrong whenever he's afforded the chance.

Messi, Neymar, Suarez, and...?

The aforementioned three will start every single one of these important games. The only reason Pedro plays well now is because he gets Bojan minutes against team that are tired after a full game of trying to keep up and down to 10 men.

Kerrybai

Messi, Neymar, Suarez, and...?

The aforementioned three will start every single one of these important games. The only reason Pedro plays well now is because he gets Bojan minutes against team that are tired after a full game of trying to keep up and down to 10 men.

And that's why he's great for us. When a player like Suarez gets kicked all game we can take him out and put Pedro in to close it out.

10 goals for the season by the way.

Pepe Silvia

His current role allows him to do what he does best, slide under the radar and strike like a snake. I like current Pedro. When the system breaks down, Pedro is first to show his weaknesses. Keep it up Pedrito!

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
And that's why he's great for us. When a player like Suarez gets kicked all game we can take him out and put Pedro in to close it out.

If he can consistently do that then fine, and I hope he does, otherwise he needs to look somewhere else...

beogatts

hes not as best as he used to b back in 10/11 season but his role now is what the opponents have to take seriously now.:barca scarf:

CuleLife4Life

I've always like Pedrito but he needs to understand this is his role from now on. MSN will never be benched in tougher fixtures. At 26, is he willing to be ok with this role?

I personally wouldn't mind him moving on so he can play his desired 1st team football in a mid-table team. Not because he is a bad player for us but so he can experience being a starter some where else. We can promote some one from Barca B to replace him.

barcanuck

I think he's a team player and doesn't mind being the super sub. He's been doing that for Spain for last 5 years why not now with Barca?

BerkeleyBernie

He started when Suarez was unavailable, and he'll start next time one of the the front trio is out. Inevitable that one of them will get injured or be sick or need to be rested.

He certainly has his own finishing to blame for his start to the season, but one should also take into account Barça still wasn't sorted out under Lucho, and Pedro was kind of a placeholder for Suraez's role, often playing between the centerbacks and receiving long balls while double-marked. Barça really didn't start firing on all cylinders until after the break.

Provided two great balls Neymar failed to put away, and cleverly finished the ball from Busquets, not to mention his usual harrying of the opponent and ball recovery. Well done, couldn't ask for more today.

Home of Barca Fans