Pedro Rodriguez

Kerrybai

Now it's getting funny :lol: That's just pure understatement. Currently, Pedro can't even be mentioned in the same breath as Neymar.

'We are more solid with Pedro instead of Neymar on the pitch' is also a good joke.

To be fair at the moment Neymar is adding very little besides his finishing. In 2014 he created a lot of trouble with his dribbling but he's really looked out of sorts lately.

It's a shame Pedro didn't make more of his chance, but to be fair Suarez fucked up a couple of easy attacks too. Pedro is still the ideal bench player, however I will admit that a returning deulofeu or someone else from La Masia may soon be able to offer us more.

L

linetty

To be fair at the moment Neymar is adding very little besides his finishing. In 2014 he created a lot of trouble with his dribbling but he's really looked out of sorts lately.

It's a shame Pedro didn't make more of his chance, but to be fair Suarez fucked up a couple of easy attacks too. Pedro is still the ideal bench player, however I will admit that a returning deulofeu or someone else from La Masia may soon be able to offer us more.
Well.... maybe. But it doesn't change the fact that 'MS' are not as effective without the 'N'.

Pedro disrupts the chemistry between our glorious trio. Nobody links up with Suarez & Messi better than Neyboy.

JamDav1982

I like Pedro but Neymar adds a lot more than just finishing.

Neymar is on the same level as Messi and can see early what Messi wants to do and move off the ball.

Neymar has a very good final pass as well but with the play being focused on Messi on the other side it will be hard for him to show it as often.

Kerrybai

I like Pedro but Neymar adds a lot more than just finishing.

Neymar is on the same level as Messi and can see early what Messi wants to do and move off the ball.

Neymar has a very good final pass as well but with the play being focused on Messi on the other side it will be hard for him to show it as often.

Yes to be fair his movement off the ball has been superb too.

I do feel that with the ball at his feet he has added very little lately, so in that respect not a whole lot more than Pedro. I'm hoping the rest he got this weekend will recharge his batteries.

pacp_96

Chief Of Footballing Matters
Pedro: "I will evaluate my situation and talk with the club at end of season. For now, I'm focused on the team and motivated to play" [bein]

Pedro: "My situation is difficult. It's tough to get a spot in the team. I get few chances, but I have to wait and take each opportunity."

Zangash

Banned
Pedro: "I will evaluate my situation and talk with the club at end of season. For now, I'm focused on the team and motivated to play" [bein]

Pedro: "My situation is difficult. It's tough to get a spot in the team. I get few chances, but I have to wait and take each opportunity."

:lol: :lol: :lol:

BerkeleyBernie

Yes to be fair his movement off the ball has been superb too.

I do feel that with the ball at his feet he has added very little lately, so in that respect not a whole lot more than Pedro.

Agree.

Big "IF" here: **IF** Pedro finished as well as Neymar has this season (which he hasn't), I'd say he is a far better player for Barça and should start in front of Neymar.

However, even **IF** Pedro had improved (or does improve) his finishing, he would never have started over Neymar (except for injury/rest). That's because Neymar is not just a player, he's also a brand, that draws an audience and sells merchandise.

As far as Neymar in the CL, I have a feeling we will see him have less and less impact on the games as Barça progresses. I simply don't think he will do well against better defenses who won't let him get in behind easily. The goal production will fall to Barça's creative strikers, Messi and Suarez. Neymar will be able to draw some fouls and win free kicks in promising positions.

KingLeo10

all i will say on the matter is..neymar shows up in the biggest games, goals against atletico, PSG, real etc. i have yet to see pedro perform well in a big game since the 11 CL final.

Blaugrana Bull

HiiiPoWeR
Yeah Neymar never scores against those big teams and better defenses. Besides all of his goals against Atletico, Real, PSG or Bilbao and Villarreal if we want to look at some better La Liga teams.

And that "If" argument is bullshit. Take a good player like Pedro who possesses other qualities and give him Neymar's best ability this season which is finishing and he would be better than Neymar. Oh rly?

Zangash

Banned
Agree.

Big "IF" here: **IF** Pedro finished as well as Neymar has this season (which he hasn't), I'd say he is a far better player for Barça and should start in front of Neymar.

However, even **IF** Pedro had improved (or does improve) his finishing, he would never have started over Neymar (except for injury/rest). That's because Neymar is not just a player, he's also a brand, that draws an audience and sells merchandise.

As far as Neymar in the CL, I have a feeling we will see him have less and less impact on the games as Barça progresses. I simply don't think he will do well against better defenses who won't let him get in behind easily. The goal production will fall to Barça's creative strikers, Messi and Suarez. Neymar will be able to draw some fouls and win free kicks in promising positions.

Give Pedro Neymar's finishing and he'd still be pretty bad overall imo. I remember one specific moment against Rayo where Pedro was through on goal with really just one defender to try and stop him and he practically tripped all over himself trying to drive towards goal and ended up having to make a backpass. Situations like this aren't out of the norm for him, either. And yes, before you inevitably point out that Neymar and Suarez also ruin counters, the aforementioned players are the reason we even have a team right now.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
And that "If" argument is bullshit. Take a good player like Pedro who possesses other qualities and give him Neymar's best ability this season which is finishing and he would be better than Neymar. Oh rly?

:lol: Reminds me of the classic:

nicholas-cage-you-dont-say.gif

iceon

Agree.

Wow. I stumbled across the least knowledgable person about football ever right here. Who are you? Neymar has had a couple of bad games but he has been overall arguably our best players against good defenses this season. He opened up Atletico and Real Madrid as well as PSG this season, what more can you ask for? He had a good first half against City as well despite having been/being out of form. To even compare both players is an insult to Neymar.

Pedro is a decent option of the bench but he hasn't done anything for the past 18months or so of note to be regarded close to Neymar's ability.

Also to shoot down Neymar's ability to get free-kick and get players carded is ridiculous, that's an asset to the team, his pace and light-weight body help him get past players who hack him down. It's more of a contribution to the team than Pedro the Headless Chicken running around.

Home of Barca Fans