Pedro Rodriguez

Zangash

Banned
Now THAT is fanboyism. He's not. Pedro has been playing rondos and triangles for years. Neymar simply isn't at that level yet. Alexis certainly improved in that regard, so maybe Neymar can, too (and gawd knows Suarez needs to!).

Pedro actually can dribble quite well (*not* saying he is better than Neymar 1v1 in the final third), but he has always been a more conservative and calculating player, schooled in the same Pep possession philosophy as Xavi. I think Lucho is encouraging him to be more aggressive in his system, but his instinct is still more to work triangles and one touch pass (i.e. assist for Messi's great goal vs Rayo) than to be a soloist.

You don't have to be a fanboy to recognize Pedro isn't better than Neymar at 1-2 passing. Pedro's complete and utter lack of form doesn't have a single thing to do with Lucho, either, or else you'd have to blame Pep, Tito, and Tata as well for all the seasons where he's been similarly dreadful.

L

linetty

Pedro better at 1-2s is another argument made up out of thin air. Neymar improved significantly on short passing over the time he's been here, I watched clips of his first season and now he seems country miles better in this aspect. Neymar is clearly the much better player already despite being 5 years younger.

I agree though on the 'more conservative and calculating player' part. Here you're right.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Don't see how Pedro is better at 1-2s. Even if he is, the difference between him and Neymar is minimal.

As for dribbling well and being a conservative and calculating player then that's what we usually don't need. We need our players upfront to take risks and try to make a difference themselves and not just look for Messi to do absolutely everything.

Fibonacci

Huh? He was actually pretty good today in his cameo. At the moment Neymar is rubbish, so I wouldn't mind seeing more of Pedro actually.

anguy

Huh? He was actually pretty good today in his cameo. At the moment Neymar is rubbish, so I wouldn't mind seeing more of Pedro actually.

We saw Pedro starting against Rayo. He did absolutely nothing during whole game. How difficult is it for people to understand that he performs (relatively) well as a sub, because defenders are often tired?

Icarium

Lifestealer
Doesn't matter if some of you guys think pedro should start over neymar. Thankfully lucho does not share your opinion. It is like how every one wanted dani alves to drop out for montoya but lucho stuck with alves and see the results. You can't expect neymar to play every match well, actually no player can unless he is leo messi. He already got some rest, so tiredness might not be the main reason. He just needs his confidence and form back and he will only get it by starting.

Last edited:

Zangash

Banned
Doesn't matter if some of you guys think pedro should start over neymar. Thankfully lucho does not share your opinion. It is like how every one wanted dani alves to drop out for montoya but lucho stuck with alves and see the results. You can't expect neymar to play every match well, actually no player can unless he is leo messi. He already got some rest, so tiredness might be the main reason. He just needs his confidence and form back and he will only get it by starting.

I swear to god that bolded part could apply to Pedro as well :lol:

I'm just taking the piss, by the way. I don't think there are many people out there who would start Pedro over Neymar.

anguy

Neymar sometimes doesn't play well and he often slows down the game, but he has something Pedro will never have - he's clinical finisher, especially in important matches. How often has he scored for us in big matches this year? Real, PSG ... And Atletico have nightmares of him, he got under their skin.

JamDav1982

Left side was much livelier once Xavi and Pedro were on the pitch, and they were also able to bring Suarez into play for the first time in the match. Good job.

Suarez got more space and it was easier to attack as Eibar pushed more men forward in last 20 mins as 2-0 down.

Xavi came on and improved ball retention, Pedro never really changed anything and I like Pedro.

Home of Barca Fans