Pedro Rodriguez

BerkeleyBernie

Also to shoot down Neymar's ability to get free-kick and get players carded is ridiculous, that's an asset to the team

I agree, it's an asset. That's why I mentioned it. Just because I personally find Neymar dull to watch playing for Barcelona doesn't mean I don't think he has qualities (though, obviously, I don't rate him as highly as his fans).

BerkeleyBernie

Pedro is on double figures for goals this season right? Not bad considering how little he plays.

In all competitions. Of course, he will be accused (with some justification) of being a flat-track bully.

No question the first part of the season (*especially playing as a "faux Suarez" up front), Pedro's production was non-existent. However, starting with the Espanyol game in December, he has 4 goals and 4 assists in 592 minutes played in La Liga, a ratio of 1 every 74 minutes played. In that same period, Neymar has played 799 La Liga minutes, with 6 goals and 3 assists, a ratio of 1 every 89 minutes.

L

linetty

I simply don't think he will do well against better defenses who won't let him get in behind easily. The goal production will fall to Barça's creative strikers, Messi and Suarez. Neymar will be able to draw some fouls and win free kicks in promising positions.
Especially against PSG, Real Madrid, Atletico Madrid or maybe Villarreal if you like?

You're delusional. We wouldn't be nearly as good without Neymar who brings a whole lot to the team while Pedro is just dead weight and his main task is to warm the bench up.

I'm done with you. Never seen a man that disconnected from the reality.

Zangash

Banned
In all competitions. Of course, he will be accused (with some justification) of being a flat-track bully.

No question the first part of the season (*especially playing as a "faux Suarez" up front), Pedro's production was non-existent. However, starting with the Espanyol game in December, he has 4 goals and 4 assists in 592 minutes played in La Liga, a ratio of 1 every 74 minutes played. In that same period, Neymar has played 799 La Liga minutes, with 6 goals and 3 assists, a ratio of 1 every 89 minutes.

The only reason Pedro has more goals per minute is because Neymar plays more or less every game, while Pedro is strictly played only in throwaway minutes at the end of a game or in games we could win with our B team. Doesn't he have a hat trick against one of those 3rd division teams we played in the Copa? Come on now. Not all goals are created equal.

L

linetty

You guys still arguing with him bout Pedro?
Always get soaked up. Just can't pass by all this bullshit. I feel sorry for him if he truly believes all that shit he clicks on this keyboard of his.

iceon

I agree, it's an asset. That's why I mentioned it. Just because I personally find Neymar dull to watch playing for Barcelona doesn't mean I don't think he has qualities (though, obviously, I don't rate him as highly as his fans).

That's fair enough, problem is 95% of your posts regarding this subject aren't. If you have a personal preference for Pedro fair enough, but let's not pretend like Pedro is a better player or a better fit for this team. Neymar is the 2nd player on the teamsheet based on this season form despite him not having been very good for the past month or so.

BerkeleyBernie

That's fair enough, problem is 95% of your posts regarding this subject aren't. If you have a personal preference for Pedro fair enough, but let's not pretend like Pedro is a better player or a better fit for this team. Neymar is the 2nd player on the teamsheet based on this season form despite him not having been very good for the past month or so.

My posts are clearly opinion that express my personal preference of enjoying watching Pedro play with Barça more than watching Neymar. I've never claimed Pedro is globally producing better than Neymar or has more impact, though Pedro is clearly better in certain regards: ball retention, short passing, quicker/accurate 1-2 passing using available triangles.

JamDav1982

My posts are clearly opinion that express my personal preference of enjoying watching Pedro play with Barça more than watching Neymar. I've never claimed Pedro is globally producing better than Neymar or has more impact, though Pedro is clearly better in certain regards: ball retention, short passing, quicker/accurate 1-2 passing using available triangles.

Pedro is not better than Neymar at those things you mentioned.

He plays more of that type of game as he is much more limited than Neymar, so he does become more of a hard working ball retainer.

I like Pedro and hope he stays but he is so, so far behind being as effective as Neymar it is clear as day.

CuleLife4Life

I am sure he will leave. There is no way he'll get a starting spot with who we have and he deserves to have some time as a starter as he heads towards the latter half of his career.

Thanks for your service Pedro.

What team do you guys think he can play for?

Do Liverpool have space for him? I can also see him at Arsenal.

BerkeleyBernie

Pedro is not better than Neymar at those things you mentioned.

Now THAT is fanboyism. He's not. Pedro has been playing rondos and triangles for years. Neymar simply isn't at that level yet. Alexis certainly improved in that regard, so maybe Neymar can, too (and gawd knows Suarez needs to!).

Pedro actually can dribble quite well (*not* saying he is better than Neymar 1v1 in the final third), but he has always been a more conservative and calculating player, schooled in the same Pep possession philosophy as Xavi. I think Lucho is encouraging him to be more aggressive in his system, but his instinct is still more to work triangles and one touch pass (i.e. assist for Messi's great goal vs Rayo) than to be a soloist.

Home of Barca Fans