Pedro Rodriguez

mark1nhu

Aaaaand we are back to the never ending cycle:

Good 15 minutes against poor and tired opponents > bad 90 minutes against poor and fresh opponents > good 15 minutes agai... > repeat until retirement.

L

linetty

I see Bernie squeezes as much as he can from the 20 min Pedro performance when the game was already won. Clap, clap, clap. Neymar is a far bigger threat even when he plays like shit, that's a perfect summary for all of the ridiculous Pedro vs Neymar discussions. Also, Bernie gives credit to Pedro for more control after he came on- it's not like Xavi is the one who provided it, not the most Spanish of Spaniards- the almighty Pedro Pedrito Pedro. Neymar is a big game player, he'll step it up and score a goalazo against Man City while Pedro's ass 'll be riding the bench.

Icarium

Lifestealer
It is always the same damn thing. First point out one or two things pedro does better than neymar, doesn't matter if neymar could do 100 things better than pedro. Then start blabbing about how we played completely "better" when he got subbed in. Doesn't matter if the opponent completely gave up and are tired. Oh! and the game control logic... how in the hell does pedro bring game control? When pedro makes a back pass it is great teamplay and when neymar makes a back pass he is slowing the game.

Bernie your posts are good except in neymar and pedro thread, it is sometimes annoying too.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
Pedro is useless.

Mr. Bernie right now:
9858867.gif

BerkeleyBernie

Mr. Bernie right now:
9858867.gif

:D Everyone is entitled to their (unsupported) opinion. He's actually been quite useful as a sub. As a starter, that's another matter. Even though he was decidedly average (besides his excellent assist for Messi's fantastic goal) in his first league start in ages vs Rayo, I'd like to see what he can do with a midfield of Busi and either Xavi or Iniesta. His poor form was in the start of the season, as Lucho worked on his system with new players, changing rotations, and Pedro essentially as a stand-in for Suarez #9/box predator. I have a feeling you'd see a more productive starter Pedro with:

Pedro - - - Suarez - - - Messi
--- Xavi/Iniesta---Rakitic
--------- Busquets ----------

Of course, barring Neymar injury/illness, Pedro is unlikely to receive two starts in a row.

Last edited:

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
That's true. I do like Pedro. And for what he does in the team right now, he is good enough. I just wish we could see 09-11 Pedrito again.

Pepe Silvia

Bernie is the most delusional fanboy there is. Pedro poor form in the start of the season? He's been trash for 3-4 years already get a grip.

Zangash

Banned
Nah, there's plenty of delusional fanboys who like Pedro. Pep, Tito, Tata, Enrique..

Pep would have probably sold Pedro by now if he was still in charge. Tito basically had no choice but to use Pedro by virtue of lack of options, Tata benched Pedro whenever he could and often tried playing Cesc as false 9 just so he wouldn't have to use him (Or Alexis, lol), and Enrique has given Pedro a somewhat permanent spot on the bench where he belongs.

I don't think a single one of those coaches listed would say Pedro is better than Neymar, that's for sure.

Alik

If Pedro had missed as many times are Neymar tonight, we'd be calling for his head.

Can only imagine Zangash and Pepe Silvia :lol:

CatalinR10

If Pedro had missed as many times are Neymar tonight, we'd be calling for his head.

Can only imagine Zangash and Pepe Silvia :lol:

People are already pissed for Neymar's performance , no one is making excuses . He was really really bad today in terms of finishing.

Kohe321

Pedro should have started the second half. Why he didn't is beyond me. Lucho plays Neymar for 90 minutes, does he mean to start Pedro in the clasico then? If Neymar starts it, why play him for the full 90 here?

Poor Pedro, I don't get this. His energy and workrate alone would have made a huge difference in the second half, and with his passing and eye for squaring the ball correctly instead of shooting, I am sure we would have scored more with him. Neymar let chances slip through his fingers like sand tonight.

Sigh...

Home of Barca Fans