Pedro Rodriguez

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
I still think he should have played at least 15 minutes... Let's hope we don't get in a situation where he actually leaves the club, leaving us with Deloufail to replace him...

DinhoR10

Deu would provide more competition for Neymar, he may not be consistent but unlike Pedro he'd probably score a wonder goal or give a wonder assist to light a fire under neymar's ass.

Alik

People are already pissed for Neymar's performance , no one is making excuses . He was really really bad today in terms of finishing.

My point is, Pedro is not useless or trash and tonight he would've been useful and done better.

Of course there is no way of knowing that before the match, but he should've been subbed in from the 70th min at least.

Zangash

Banned
If Pedro had missed as many times are Neymar tonight, we'd be calling for his head.

Can only imagine Zangash and Pepe Silvia :lol:

Pedro has been shit for the last several seasons. Neymar, despite his poor few months, is still a better player. The reason Pedro doesn't play is because no matter how poorly any of our front 3 may be playing he will never be an upgrade.

Any assertions that Pedro would somehow do better when he couldn't even put in a 4/10 performance against Rayo show an incredible short term memory and are demonstrably false.

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
Pedro has been shit for the last several seasons. Neymar, despite his poor few months, is still a better player. The reason Pedro doesn't play is because no matter how poorly any of our front 3 may be playing he will never be an upgrade.

Any assertions that Pedro would somehow do better when he couldn't even put in a 4/10 performance against Rayo show an incredible short term memory and are demonstrably false.

Name one player that would sits on the bench week in, week out that is an upgrade to our front three when he plays...

Pedro is there to rest our front three, not to upgrade it...

Alik

I'm sorry but that's just where we disagree. If you think that Pedro wouldn't have done better than Neymar tonight then you're just biased against him. Tonight's performance has been worse than anything Pedro has had this whole season. Suarez was horrible too.

edit: Of course Pedro isn't a better player than Neymar :lol: That has nothing to do with my point.

Last edited:

Zangash

Banned
Name one player that would sits on the bench week in, week out that is an upgrade to our front three when he plays...

Pedro is there to rest our front three, not to upgrade it...

Funny how it is that way considering Pedro was here long before two of those front three. If Pedro hadn't been so consistently terrible we wouldn't have needed two new forwards to force him to the bench in the first place.

These calls for him to start or get minutes only last until he actually gets those minutes. Then people remember how good he is. Just go back and read.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
I'm sorry but that's just where we disagree. If you think that Pedro wouldn't have done better than Neymar tonight then you're just biased against him. Tonight's performance has been worse than anything Pedro has had this whole season. Suarez was horrible too.

edit: Of course Pedro isn't a better player than Neymar :lol: That has nothing to do with my point.

Pedro has had games where he has messed up, passed backwards and not made one good run. I think Neymar still has a long way before doing worse than that. His finishing was fucking awful. Got into good positions, but awful finishing. Need to step up with his finishing against RM. Suarez too.

Zangash

Banned

I'd say Neymar's performance today was similar to Pedro's against Rayo as far as horribleness goes. The difference is, Rayo is a 100% win with little to no difficulty while City was a CL tie in prime time. I'm sure if you just pretend Pedro is in all the spots Neymar was in you can envision him scoring, but when it's him missing those chances (And you can't pretend Pedro doesn't have an extensive history of missing chances exactly like the ones Neymar missed today) all anyone will wonder is why he's out there instead of Neymar.

Alik

Pedro has had games where he has messed up, passed backwards and not made one good run. I think Neymar still has a long way before doing worse than that. His finishing was fucking awful. Got into good positions, but awful finishing. Need to step up with his finishing against RM. Suarez too.

I'd say Neymar's performance today was similar to Pedro's against Rayo as far as horribleness goes. The difference is, Rayo is a 100% win with little to no difficulty while City was a CL tie in prime time. I'm sure if you just pretend Pedro is in all the spots Neymar was in you can envision him scoring, but when it's him missing those chances (And you can't pretend Pedro doesn't have an extensive history of missing chances exactly like the ones Neymar missed today) all anyone will wonder is why he's out there instead of Neymar.

If you think that Pedro wouldn't have done anything with the countless balls Messi was laying down on a platter non-stop, with City getting caught on the counter time and time again, then there's nothing I can say. I'm not talking about one chance.

In terms of those chances, compared to Rayo, the only thing that City did better was have a better goalkeeper.

Last edited:

DonAK

If you think that Pedro wouldn't have done anything with the countless balls Messi was laying down on a platter non-stop, with City getting caught on the counter time and time again, then there's nothing I can say.

Pedro would have only done something if he had got into those positions and his performance the last couple of seasons suggest he wouldn't.

DonAK

Infact you just need to go back to Pedro's thread to the dates he has played this season.

Alik

Pedro would have only done something if he had got into those positions and his performance the last couple of seasons suggest he wouldn't.

Again, Messi was laying them out on a platter non-stop, with City defense being caught wide open in the counter.

Pedro is criticized for stat-padding against weaker teams. But he scores goals, and tonight the only difference would have been Hart's awesome form because their defense was horrible otherwise.

But none of us will change our opinions at this moment, so might as well let it go.

Zangash

Banned
If you think that Pedro wouldn't have done anything with the countless balls Messi was laying down on a platter non-stop, with City getting caught on the counter time and time again, then there's nothing I can say. I'm not talking about one chance.

In terms of those chances, compared to Rayo, the only thing that City did better was have a better goalkeeper.

And what of the chances Messi and Suarez fluffed? Is it so hard to recognize that it was an incredibly tough game in front of goal and that our forwards were struggling?

Or do you think that Pedro would have had a better night in front of goal than all of Messi, Suarez, and Neymar, combined? It's super easy to say "Pedro would have scored that" but based on what Pedro has shown us compared to our starting front three have everything indicates he, in fact, would not have.

Home of Barca Fans