Penal Madrid

El Gato

Villarato!
Yep. One European title in 8 years with bottomless pockets and an army of lawyers to back it up. Feels good to have the upper hand

Fati_Future_BallonDor

You never know with Pep, but we might have seen the peak of City already.

KDB, their best player, is turning 33 and is having struggles with injuries, might need replacing in a couple of years...

yeah peak City and peak Liverpool are over and Pep will probably leave City in 1-2 years

maybe Arsenal could improve and play for ucl title in 1-2 seasons

Morten

Stop talking nonsense. The city is many miles ahead of you. The difference is that you advanced to the next round with such a crap performance, and Barcelona would have lost with a score of 0-5.

Not our concern that Barca has turned into a complete joke in Europe.

Just don't collapse whenever things goes against you, how hard can it be?

Morten

Cups in knockout format don't decide the best
League record tells everything about how good City are

Only in the mind of a madritista this is even a topic

No, but it is the most difficult trophy to win and by some distance, and that can't be argued.

Yes, City are a machine in league play.

El Gato

Villarato!
Cups decide cups, leagues decide leagues. Football 101

Nice to have had a very clear upper hand over City in the only format we've had a chance to. Lovely legacy of wins vs tainted opposition

KingLeo10

Cups decide cups, leagues decide leagues. Football 101

Nice to have had a very clear upper hand over City in the only format we've had a chance to. Lovely legacy of wins vs tainted opposition
What upper hand? They eliminated you twice under Pep, you've eliminated them twice? Their two eliminations of you were 4-2 and 5-1 on aggregate. Can't say the same for your eliminations of them.

At best, it's a wash from the results perspective.

Morten

What upper hand? They eliminated you twice under Pep, you've eliminated them twice? Their two eliminations of you were 4-2 and 5-1 on aggregate. Can't say the same for your eliminations of them.

At best, it's a wash from the results perspective.

Since you are obsessed with big scores, and its about Pep, might want to include our 5-0 aggregate against his Bayern team.

If it is strictly City, well, we have eliminated them one more time than they did us.

RM against Pep is a wash, result-wise yes, 10/11 semi-finals are there too.

Morten

Then again, only reason we are having this conversation is that we have to play them literally every season these days, as a general rule.

Let someone else, like Barca, play them a few times in a row already, jeez.

KingLeo10

Since you are obsessed with big scores, and its about Pep, might want to include our 5-0 aggregate against his Bayern team.

If it is strictly City, well, we have eliminated them one more time than they did us.

RM against Pep is a wash, result-wise yes, 10/11 semi-finals are there too.

Before you start frothing, you should probably do some fact checking...

Pep beat ZZ's RM 2-1, 2-1 in 2020 KOs

Then last 3 years, he's played you all...you won 6-5 in 21-22 and 4-4 (on pens) in 23-34 and lost 1-5 in 22/23

So, it's 2-2 Pep's City versus Carlo and ZZ RM in terms of eliminations

If you want to include Bayern, then you have to include Barca

and it's 3-3 lol

KingLeo10

@Morten

Pep's City v RM in CL KO games over the 4 ties:

For RM:

1-2 L
1-2 L
3-4 L
3-1 W
1-1 D
0-4 L
3-3 D
1-1 D

13 goals scored, 18 conceded.

So, you bums are 1 W, 3 D, and 4L in 8 games versus them. Just because you managed to shithouse 2-2 eliminations doesn't mean you weren't getting clapped for the majority of the games (and Pep is to blame too for squandering the gameplay dominance) :lol:

Now that I take a closer look, the 2-2 eliminations is hella flattering. Meanwhile, you have RM folks dancing about how you had the upper hand :lol:

Morten

Before you start frothing, you should probably do some fact checking...

Pep beat ZZ's RM 2-1, 2-1 in 2020 KOs

Then last 3 years, he's played you all...you won 6-5 in 21-22 and 4-4 (on pens) in 23-34 and lost 1-5 in 22/23

So, it's 2-2 Pep's City versus Carlo and ZZ RM in terms of eliminations

If you want to include Bayern, then you have to include Barca

and it's 3-3 lol

We play City every single year as a general rule, so it is difficult to keep track, but no, we are ahead.

I had to double-check, but you forgot 15/16, that leaves us with 3 eliminations of City(definitely), and two exits to City, if i'm not mistaken.

You might trying reading what i actually write, in terms of Pep it is a wash, as i already mentioned 10/11.

KingLeo10

We play City every single year as a general rule, so it is difficult to keep track, but no, we are ahead.

I had to double-check, but you forgot 15/16, that leaves us with 3 eliminations of City(definitely), and two exits to City, if i'm not mistaken.

You might trying reading what i actually write, in terms of Pep it is a wash, as i already mentioned 10/11.
That's not Pep's city, you idiot :lol:

The whole premise is how Pep has done v RM.

I didn't even want to bring up how his Barca and Bayern did v RM - that was you.

Morten

That's not Pep's city, you idiot :lol:

The whole premise is how Pep has done v RM.

I didn't even want to bring up how his Barca and Bayern did v RM - that was you.

Okay, and Pep(and previous managers) can take his "RM never won at Ethiad"-trophy, fair play.

You are contradicting yourself, btw, you want to talk about Pep's overall record against RM in UCL, or his record with City against RM?

Either way, its largely a wash, so we aren't really discussing much.

Home of Barca Fans