Penal Madrid

El Gato

Villarato!
Bundesliga is weaker than La Liga. ;)

Even if it was, which it isn't, they're on the same level with Atletico probably going mediocre again this season and no other team really having a major shot at staying within 20 points behind 2nd place.. You do need to consider the fact that Carvajal was chosen one of the best fullbacks (THE best?) in that league playing a full year. Montoya played 1000 minutes all year behind Alves. U-21 lineup selections don't really make a point in this discussion. Coaches play who they prefer to play and who fits best in their mind. Otherwise Llorente would have played a game at Euro.

There isn't a lot of arguments in favor of Montoya > Carvajal. And being Polish I have to say it didn't make any favors for Montoya to get toyed by Lechia forward Grzelczak (who is honestly a bit of a joke subject for people who follow the Polish league) for that goal while Carvajal held his own against PSG ;)

coco1247

Banned
I can't call that proof - Iker having dinner with a journalist, my god, what a shocker.
I don't look at it that way. If there ever comes out a video of him saying confidential stuff to the press or if he ever confesses to this, fine, he's a mole. But I don't think he would deliberately cause damage to his own club.
I refuse to believe that. I know, it's stubborn and it's stupid, but when it comes to this matter, I won't change my belief until I'm proven wrong. And no dinner will change that.

Alik

Yeah, if that CL is that competitive, what about this season's CL? I got a feeling both Madrid and Barca will have a hard time this season..
Whilst Madrid and Barca are stronger, I think the Premier League teams are weaker.

I expect the same teams to reach the semis: Dortmund, Bayern, Barca and Madrid.

El Gato

Villarato!
Dinners, plural, and a flock of journalist friends, plural.

Nothing wrong with having faith in your guy. Just can't be too naive and dismissive about the likelihood, which at this point is quite apparent. He's the Spain's golden boy. Practically someone you always try to milk for information and profit.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Why am I getting this feeling that RM under Ancelotti is playing like us? A lot of possession, slower but much more fluid, pressing and even some sort of tiki-taka...

Gaudi

Why am I getting this feeling that RM under Ancelotti is playing like us? A lot of possession, slower but much more fluid, pressing and even some sort of tiki-taka...

I just wanted to write that, even more, they look to play faster than us, with high pressing and sort of tiki taka

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Nice build up, Barca style.

I just wanted to write that, even more, they look to play faster than us, with high pressing and sort of tiki taka

Yeah, RM is always faster than us. There aren't that many teams in this world that are slower than us. :lol:

RM scoring chances glore.

They'll be alot stronger this season... race for the championship will be very interesting

They are a better, more balanced and complete side than us this season.

Gaudi

Yeah, RM is always faster than us. There aren't that many teams in this world that are slower than us. :lol:

Hope Tata changes that because we had movement and patient build up but with fast penetration once we decided, half touch football they called it...

Home of Barca Fans