Penal Madrid

Beast

The Observer
Oh Christ, this is hilarious. I'm sorry, but have you ever been hit in the ribs? It freaking hurts. You could see it on his face IMMEDIATELY after the impact. So your "throwing Lopez to the lions" theory is just bs. He looked like he was in real genuine discomfort. It shows that he's a good player, he didn't want to put our team in danger because he felt he couldn't perform to the best of his ability and so he stepped down. Jeez get a grip.

Hit & ribs.. have you seen the acclaimed clash ? see it again

B

beautifulgame

You guys backing Iker like he deserves anything. For god sake Iker shouldn't have even been on the field last night to start with. this is Lopez position he has earned it without a doubt. Iker has shown a drop in form and a weak character for a long time now, he has become a anchor at the club.

B

beautifulgame

like any player that isn't in the first team, in training.

pretty standard.

Beast

The Observer
Exactly , Carlo is not the kind of manager to hold personal grudges on the contrary ...
He has no reason to bench a better keeper... Iker needs to wake up and do like he did many times before working against adversary ... just like he did in 2001/2002 when he was benched for Cesar..Lopez can get injured and Iker can step up if he wants too.. the talent is def. there ... but the motivation is not and the sense of entitlement will lead him out of the club like Raul if he doesn't work hard for his name and history

coco1247

Banned
It's different with keepers in training. What have you to prove there? You catch the ball and that's it. That's not what really indicates whether you're worthy to play or not. Keepers need game time, and Iker got very little of it.
Carlo isn't fucking around. He chose Iker for CL because Iker's got tons of experience there. If he performs, no one will complain. If he doesn't, we have Diego. What's the big deal? When you have two quality keepers, responsibility and duties should be shared.

El Gato

Villarato!
As if catching the ball is that easy :lol: There is a reason why Casillas isn't getting anything in the league so far and it is utterly senseless giving him minutes in the CL every two weeks without him having established any match rhythm. Carlo would be mad to play him in the knockout stages if he didn't play anything since December's group stages. Well, maybe he will get an odd Copa Del Rey game in January... The chance Diego will not play the 1/8s is really small if he continues this form week in week out.

coco1247 said:
When you have two quality keepers, responsibility and duties should be shared.

Lol load of bollocks. That's the case if you have two quality keepers who perform at the same level. Iker isn't and the only reason he's getting any minutes with Diego in this form is because he is Iker. If Courtois and Cech were on the same team and both performed as well as they do there is no way one would play the league and the other the MORE IMPORTANT Champions League. Because that's what it is for Real, CL is THE competition.

Edit: Another thing this whole keeper situation keeps reminding me of is the Kahn-Lehmann competition for Germany. Iker reached his peak before he was 30 and isn't there anymore. Won't be any better either. Just like Kahn and when Lehmann turned up and had a great season for Arsenal, he accepted the secondary role and supported him all the way through. Never really acted like anything was owed to him like Iker has been. Something that would be good to see from a goddamn captain.....

Last edited:

Maria

How can he prove himself again if he isn't given a chance to play?

http://www.cuatro.com/tikitaka/real...namiento-seleccion-espanola_2_1663755010.html

"Arropado por el público que asistió al entrenamiento de La Roja, Casillas demostró su buen estado de forma realizando las mejores paradas de la sesión y Del Bosque, que pensaba sacar a Valdés de titular, ahora duda sobre qué portero deberá jugar contra Finlandia. "
"Encouraged by the public, Casillas has proven his good form by making the best saves of the training session and Del Bosque, who wanted to use Valdes against Finland, now has doubts about who should be Spain's GK."

So probably in training: Diego Lopez>Casillas>Valdes.

coco1247

Banned
Meh I don't care. Say what you want about Iker, but he had a nice save against Gala and that's all that matters. If he could play in the ConCup without previously having played in months, then he'll definitely have no problem stepping up in CL and CDR.
He's quality and class. Lopez...meh, we'll see how long his form is up.

coco1247

Banned
Just sayin it doesn't make sense to discuss with you anything related to Iker because first of all you don't like him at all, secondly I like him a lot. It's just a huge difference of opinion where I feel we go in circles. I mean, I can go on and on about Iker if you like, but I feel people here have had enough of it already.

Carlo made his decision. His choice is Lopez for Liga, Iker for CL. I suggest you deal with it.
Whether it's a good or bad decision, we can't tell yet. But I think you should have a wee bit more confidence in Iker because since his injury he's been doing extremely well. So has Lopez so we'll see how that pans out.

Kerrybai

http://ecodiario.eleconomista.es/fu...adio-Fly-Emirates-por-53-millones-al-ano.html

Announcement to be made in regards to the winning design for the Bernabeu in the coming weeks, and they'll have a referendum over renaming the stadium by including a sponsor. So something like 'Fly Emirates Santiago Bernabeu', which Florentino Perez is said to favour:

'The Santiago Bernabeu could be called 'Fly Emirates Stadium' by 53 million per year.'

I think Barca should do the same but work out a deal where Camp Nou remains. Maybe 'Qatar Airways Camp Nou'. I'm sure i'll get flamed for saying that but money translates into success and the pitch.

suckabov

Lemon curry?

Home of Barca Fans