Penal Madrid

WallBreaker

Infact there are two reasons i think isco has dropped a bit of form during last month, one he has personal troubles where he has to pay up millions to some folks, and two he got injured during spain camp, he will pick up again, he was very good against sevilla, almost scored a super goal ffs.

big_man

They do have better defenders. Their defense may be worse than ours as a whole, but I'd still take Varane (for example) over any of our CBs.

As for the CL, Ancelotti's a CL coach, so you never know. But I don't see them winning it either.

That statement makes absolutely no sense. They don't have better defenders, do you live in a twilight zone or something? Despite proven time and time again that they're hopeless defensively (statistically and visually) you still keep churning out the same thing. :facepalm:

Last edited:

WallBreaker

Varane has been awesome in all his matches against barcelona, is so mature that he has gained the moniker "don limpio", and has been the best cb in madrid every time he steps out there. I believe he has yet to garner a yellow card.

When and if madrid have both varane and pogba, it will be like having young thuram and vieira in madrid.

Oh and if anyone mentions alexis thing, varane is coming from injury, thats why he isnt even playing consecutive matches yet, he will play against juve, thats why i think he got benched yesterday.

Result? Pepe gives away a penalty.

barca7788

Nepali Cule
That statement makes absolutely no sense. They don't have better defenders, do you live in a twilight zone or something? Despite proven time and time again that they're hopeless defensively (statistically and visually) you still keep churning out the same thing. :facepalm:
that makes sense 100%

Raed

Dr. Raed St. Claire
:lol:

But in all seriousness, Varane has really proved himself to be the best young defender and he earned the trust of Mourinho who usually prefers his older more experienced players. He is dubbed as Mr. Clean all while maintaining an impressive run of form. He has made mistakes, which is expected from all players and especially for a young gun playing in the most experience demanding position on the field.

A lot of people were anxiously waiting for him to make mistakes and jumped the gun to grill him when he did out of pure hate. I hope he keeps his head held high and above the hype because he could become France's captain one day.

Paganinisrvnge

Anyone knocking Varane is just trolling. I love Barcelona as much as the next but I appreciate that Varane is probably the best young CB in the world. He'll be close to Thiago Silva's level within a year or two, unfortunately for us. I hope this isn't the case because he'll be great vs us but I like him as an individual player.

AfricanBavarian

Anyone knocking Varane is just trolling. I love Barcelona as much as the next but I appreciate that Varane is probably the best young CB in the world. He'll be close to Thiago Silva's level within a year or two, unfortunately for us. I hope this isn't the case because he'll be great vs us but I like him as an individual player.
Hold your horses! Thiago Silva is a godly defender, he is probably the Messi of defenders currently playing in Europe.

Home of Barca Fans