Penal Madrid

Raed

Dr. Raed St. Claire
*Heart breaks and shatters after reading more Di Maria posts*

Anyway, in all reality if Di Maria leaves it will be a completely different approach to the game than the normal so like Beast said, players like Vidal would come in who are more natural to the position than Di Maria. My only issue with Di Maria's departure would be the drop in technical/first touch of the players in the team but we do have Isco who is not being mentioned and in my opinion has the ability to lead the team's creativity forward.

None of the formations Ancelotti used with his time at AC Milan will work with the presence of Bale and Ronaldo so as much as I would like to pack this midfield with our current players I still think we will be play a 4 3 3 and 4 4 2 hybrid. It is a good brand of football now that we have mastered it but requires too much discipline (as per Ancelotti's remark on Isco and Di maria's "sacrifice" against Bayern).

Any suggestions on how it may look?

Fill in the gaps:

In attack:

GK
RB CB CB LB
CDM
CM CAM
LWF CF RWF

In Defence:

GK
RB CB CB LB
DM
RW CM CM LW
CF

Last edited:
L

linetty

Br8449vIgAAnmxh.jpg:large

RIP

SwiftGuyver

not really a shock as he's 88 years old and has just suffered a heart attack but obviously still sad news...

R.I.P. to a true legend, one of the best to ever do it...

Beast

The Observer
Growing up in a Madridista house , my father football stories was all about Don Alfredo heroics ...
in times before the global TV , before i identified with Real Madrid where matches to see where rare & far in between i identified with Don Alfredo the image in my mind
This feels like losing the first hero you ever learned about...

I knew it was coming sooner or later but you just don't want it to come... every new signing , every word he said at this old age it felt like he was an angle looking over the club he shed blood & tears for
The very first hero , the very first football legend , the man who took a local power & put it on the face of the map.. a gentleman , a leader by example ... i cannot thank him enough & I know somehow whenever there is a presentation for a player i will be involuntarily looking around for his very old face among the club officials

RIP Don Alfredo ,It's time to take the warrior's rest but the memories will live on forever ...

Last edited:

Raed

Dr. Raed St. Claire
As saddened I am by this news, there is something positive about his death in that he has lived his final days as a proud, honorable and successful man, who will now become an eternal legend. No one lives forever, this is a fact of life, but beyond the sorrow of his departure, you cannot be too upset about someone living their lives to the fullest and being more than an icon.

My deepest condolences to his family and to the Real Madrid family, we are all proud of him.

Home of Barca Fans