Penal Madrid

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
What do you Madrid fans feel about Di Maria's possible exit? The possibility isn't even open until after they are done with the WC but his recent quotes regarding Messi and his doubts at Madrid certainly raise flags. Guys like Ronaldo and Bale nab the goals but the impact of someone like Di Maria is crucial considering what he gives to you guys intangibly like his never-ending workrate, quality in transition, and selflessness.

I understand that the "don't change a winning formula" concept can be toxic to a side over time but I think the direction your team might be headed in could prove to be a mistake for you guys. Letting a guy like Di Maria go to replace with whom? James Rodriguez?? Kroos?!??! The former is more of a #10 and provides flashy/decisive moments more than overall impact. The latter doesn't provide something necessary to your system and often gets pinned back under pressure.

What's ironic is that if Di Maria were to leave, I think the best replacement you guys could get for him would be Cuadrado :lol:. Fantastic dribbler with the same type of acceleration and workrate who loves to set his teammates up. Yet here we are interested in making him our new RB at Barca. Pretty glad that the RM administration haven't caught on to the idea of Cuadrado though.

Another possible error would be Falcao coming in for Benzema to rot on the bench. The Frenchman certainly isn't indispensable but considering the dynamic of your attack it might be harmful to bench someone who's willing to help Ronaldo/Bale dominate versus someone who's sole purpose is to find goalscoring/poaching positions and get tap-ins. I would think that Jese deputizing as a CF would be a better route to go by since he has the skill/creativity to score and create for his teammates in central positions while also being able to drift out to the left when Ronaldo comes into the center. His linkup is fantastic, he can do a lot with a few touches, and he's an instinctive goalscorer. The injury is a worry though.

Blaugrana Bull

HiiiPoWeR
It seems both us and Real want to buy the biggest names available while there are clearly other things to adjust.
For RM it is not as worse as for Barca though.

Raed

Dr. Raed St. Claire
What do you Madrid fans feel about Di Maria's possible exit? The possibility isn't even open until after they are done with the WC but his recent quotes regarding Messi and his doubts at Madrid certainly raise flags. Guys like Ronaldo and Bale nab the goals but the impact of someone like Di Maria is crucial considering what he gives to you guys intangibly like his never-ending workrate, quality in transition, and selflessness.

I understand that the "don't change a winning formula" concept can be toxic to a side over time but I think the direction your team might be headed in could prove to be a mistake for you guys. Letting a guy like Di Maria go to replace with whom? James Rodriguez?? Kroos?!??! The former is more of a #10 and provides flashy/decisive moments more than overall impact. The latter doesn't provide something necessary to your system and often gets pinned back under pressure.

What's ironic is that if Di Maria were to leave, I think the best replacement you guys could get for him would be Cuadrado :lol:. Fantastic dribbler with the same type of acceleration and workrate who loves to set his teammates up. Yet here we are interested in making him our new RB at Barca. Pretty glad that the RM administration haven't caught on to the idea of Cuadrado though.

Another possible error would be Falcao coming in for Benzema to rot on the bench. The Frenchman certainly isn't indispensable but considering the dynamic of your attack it might be harmful to bench someone who's willing to help Ronaldo/Bale dominate versus someone who's sole purpose is to find goalscoring/poaching positions and get tap-ins. I would think that Jese deputizing as a CF would be a better route to go by since he has the skill/creativity to score and create for his teammates in central positions while also being able to drift out to the left when Ronaldo comes into the center. His linkup is fantastic, he can do a lot with a few touches, and he's an instinctive goalscorer. The injury is a worry though.

It is completely gutting that we would be selling our best player and I was hoping for a future of Isco/DiMaria/Bale/Benzema without Ronaldo to play some proper technical and dominating football. The club doesn't stop at one player though and whoever we get instead of him will not be a like for like replacement, it will require a tactical change in the set up. Why Di Maria succeeded was because he is insanely talented, but he was in overdrive for at least 6 months, not sure if he was going to maintain that. We need to make sure that the team is balanced for next season and for the future. Remember that there are other change in personnel that will soften the Di Maria blow such as replacing Xabi with a more energetic, mobile player. Moving away from the Khedira experience was fruitful and long may it continue with better rounded and technical players. You see, Di Maria is undoubtedly ridiculously good and deserves to be top 3 players this year, and his departure would be detrimental to the team but only if we kept the same players. He was so useful because he covered the gaps left behind by others who can no longer run (Xabi) or do not provide any balance (Bale/Ronaldo). Kroos will improve the midfield, he will be a good partner for Modric so Di Maria's CM heroics will no longer be necessary if he decides to leave.

If it were up to me, I'd extent his contract and won't let him leave but if he decides to part ways, the players coming in will improve other areas so that whoever replaces Di Maria, doesn't need to be insanely versatile as Di Maria was.

aaron101

I really don't understand why Madrid would sell Di Maria or him wanting to leave. Last season was his best ever season with Madrid and he was played out of position.

Beast

The Observer

Di Maria leaving is solely his decision , not the club , not the fans , not Carlo
I said that a month ago... Di Maria wants to leave... it's clear as a daylight and has nothing to do with our intention to keep him
for sure we want him to stay every single one associated with this club want that but Angel had enough of the pressure & getting scrutinized when he fucks up
not everyone can take that pressure week in week out.. he never forgot the heat he was in during the crouch incident
When i said it Raed told me i make him upset with my Marcelo & Di Maria opinion but it is what it is... there is no harm in him wanting more , it's his right he did a fantastic job over the years
Don't count on Ronaldo staying for long though... what he did to his knees since April will have it's big negative impact and the club is looking beyond Di Maria , Ronaldo & Xabi..
I put a long post to what Ronaldo will do in his thread a fortnight ago , his switch in position because you can bet your house the speed is gone with the knee , reports of the club & Perez being pissed is not far from the truth .. he pushed himself & it did nothing to help his NT, it will affect his future as a player

The prefect replacement is not Cuardado (lol man.. wtf ) the prefect replacement is Vidal ,plain & simple.
Jese is better off playing off a striker coming from any position .. but he won't be back before September , Ronaldo is off for a month of negative rest to allow his body to heal (and knowing how stubborn he is i bet he will continue his usual workout at home , the perfect athlete persona he always was )
Falcao is a predator & it's a risk as well if he doesn't get back in form but he is an amazing no 9 and if we are looking to continue winning we cannot rely on last year success
We all talked about the weakness in what stopped Real from winning a triplet .. it was clear in the last month of the season mid April to mid May.. with Jese injury , Ronaldo injury , players exhaustion we were left with no alternatives we had to sacrifice a trophy & it was the league
Now i would be mad if we didn't do what we are rumored to do... get another no 9 a reliable one more than weak mentally & about to leave Morata , someone who offer something different than Benzema (who drifts out wide -see even with France , think about Falcao is a an awesome version of Giroud ) , Ronaldo knees & injury means we could be changing formation / selection soon
the Illarramendi issues and lack of maturity plus Xabi age means a quick fix in moving Modric is the new Deep playmaker with people like Kroos , Di Maria/Vidal infront of him ... or switching to a 4-4-2 with Bale & Ronaldo on the wings & Falcao /Benzema upfront
As for James if he come & we agree terms with Monaco for me it's the replacement for Ronaldo on the long run he is far from being a Di Maria .. the only one who can replace Di Maria is Vidal (I hope we can convince him to stay but i feel he needs a fresh challenge he did win all with Real Madrid & i'm very thankful for him )
we cannot rely on last year success because that's what most teams did & they lost ...most of the names did their cycle already

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
The prefect replacement is not Cuardado (lol man.. wtf ) the prefect replacement is Vidal ,plain & simple.
Jese is better off playing off a striker coming from any position .. but he won't be back before September , Ronaldo is off for a month of negative rest to allow his body to heal (and knowing how stubborn he is i bet he will continue his usual workout at home , the perfect athlete persona he always was )
Falcao is a predator & it's a risk as well if he doesn't get back in form but he is an amazing no 9 and if we are looking to continue winning we cannot rely on last year success
We all talked about the weakness in what stopped Real from winning a triplet .. it was clear in the last month of the season mid April to mid May.. with Jese injury , Ronaldo injury , players exhaustion we were left with no alternatives we had to sacrifice a trophy & it was the league
Now i would be mad if we didn't do what we are rumored to do... get another no 9 a reliable one more than weak mentally & about to leave Morata , someone who offer something different than Benzema (who drifts out wide -see even with France , think about Falcao is a an awesome version of Giroud ) , Ronaldo knees & injury means we could be changing formation / selection soon
the Illarramendi issues and lack of maturity plus Xabi age means a quick fix in moving Modric is the new Deep playmaker with people like Kroos , Di Maria/Vidal infront of him ... or switching to a 4-4-2 with Bale & Ronaldo on the wings & Falcao /Benzema upfront
As for James if he come & we agree terms with Monaco for me it's the replacement for Ronaldo on the long run he is far from being a Di Maria .. the only one who can replace Di Maria is Vidal (I hope we can convince him to stay but i feel he needs a fresh challenge he did win all with Real Madrid & i'm very thankful for him )
we cannot rely on last year success because that's what most teams did & they lost ...most of the names did their cycle already

I suggested Cuadrado as a replacement for Di Maria with the assumption that you guys wanted to keep the same (or at least similar) system going. Di Maria is a dynamic, forward minded midfielder who is the driving force behind your attack. That is a pretty big difference from Vidal who is a box to box engine. Cuadrado, on the other hand, ticks a lot of the same boxes that Di Maria does so I thought he could be a like for like replacement (in the situation that you'd be looking for one). He'd be a converted play-making winger with immense dribbling ability, pace and stamina, great defensive workrate, and a lot of persistence. I can see why you'd want to evolve in Di Maria's absence though.

If you guys brought in Vidal/Kroos then I understand why Ancelotti would use the same midfield system that he did when he was at Milan. Modric central in a hybrid 'Pirlo' role while Vidal and Kroos are on either side ahead of him like Gattuso and Seedorf were. In attack I guess Bale would remain the wide RW player, Falcao up top pinning the defensive line as a #9, and Ronaldo spending more time closer to or inside the box (provided that he is losing his pace as you say). Marcelo would have a bigger influence then as well as Vidal taking advantage of the space left behind to bomb forward. It could work, it's just less dynamic than how you guys played this season.

Semi-Neutral

Sir Alupp Heynrguson
Why not combine everyone's ideas?

------------------------Benzema------------Falcao----------------------
------Ronaldo--------------------Modric-----------------------Bale------
-------------Di Maria-------------Vidal---------------Cuadrado-----------
------------------------Ramos------------Pepe--------------------------
----------------------------------Iker-----------------------------------

Icarium

Lifestealer
If they sell di Maria they might fit Ronaldo falcao benzema and bale in the lineup with kroos and modric in mid. 4-4-2 formation with Ronaldo and bale left and right mid both benzema and falcao as strikers.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Tapatalk

Beast

The Observer
If they sell di Maria they might fit Ronaldo falcao benzema and bale in the lineup with kroos and modric in mid. 4-4-2 formation with Ronaldo and bale left and right mid both benzema and falcao as strikers.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Tapatalk
It is a possibility.. Carlo loves to tinker the formation & he successfully used the 4-4-2 vs Barca & Bayern and won all 3 games
I suggested Cuadrado as a replacement for Di Maria with the assumption that you guys wanted to keep the same (or at least similar) system going. Di Maria is a dynamic, forward minded midfielder who is the driving force behind your attack. That is a pretty big difference from Vidal who is a box to box engine. Cuadrado, on the other hand, ticks a lot of the same boxes that Di Maria does so I thought he could be a like for like replacement (in the situation that you'd be looking for one). He'd be a converted play-making winger with immense dribbling ability, pace and stamina, great defensive workrate, and a lot of persistence. I can see why you'd want to evolve in Di Maria's absence though.

If you guys brought in Vidal/Kroos then I understand why Ancelotti would use the same midfield system that he did when he was at Milan. Modric central in a hybrid 'Pirlo' role while Vidal and Kroos are on either side ahead of him like Gattuso and Seedorf were. In attack I guess Bale would remain the wide RW player, Falcao up top pinning the defensive line as a #9, and Ronaldo spending more time closer to or inside the box (provided that he is losing his pace as you say). Marcelo would have a bigger influence then as well as Vidal taking advantage of the space left behind to bomb forward. It could work, it's just less dynamic than how you guys played this season.

The only similarity between Curadado & Di Maria is the speed ... I don't know how many times have you seen Vidal but he is a turbo engine ... you find him everywhere .. scores as often as he blocks attack move the ball from defense to attack... if anyone is fit enough to replace Di Maria it's him
Thing is up until this moment there is a lot of talk i really don't know what will happen , the FFP is hitting hard many clubs and we need to be vigilant towards our spending.. the days of spending a lot on one player is long gone unless big sale is also on the paper
Monaco is rich so acquiring James & Falcao will cost a lot ..I'm also in doubt about how good Falcao will be after the injury ..I've seen it with Higuain who went down a notch after his injury needless to say it's unlike us lately to go for a player who is 27/28 .. the oldest we bought in the last 5/6 years was Modric who was 26... so James & Kroos fits the profile but not Falcao .. thing is there isn't plenty of established great strikers at a young age those days except injury prone Aguero , Costa.. etc
I'd imagine someone fooling the media & we end up with Griezmann or something..
Why not combine everyone's ideas?

------------------------Benzema------------Falcao----------------------
------Ronaldo--------------------Modric-----------------------Bale------
-------------Di Maria-------------Vidal---------------Cuadrado-----------
------------------------Ramos------------Pepe--------------------------
----------------------------------Iker-----------------------------------
Everyone pipe dreams .. to have as many attackers as possible.. i guess if you do pay 100 Mil Euro for Suarez this where this formation will come into play because the remaining amount won't be enough to get a good CB

Home of Barca Fans