Penal Madrid

El Gato

Villarato!
Well, you did want replies because anything that has Kaka in starting lineup must be a trolling attempt ;)

Stric

Holy shit... I've been thinking all along - even though we're having a great season, and they're having a terrible one, I still wouldn't put my money on Barca that easily in a Clasico.

M

messi_xavi_iniesta

They are a still a very dangerous team, world best in counter attack. It´s up to the opponents to be a little bit smarter.
Valencia played great in cup game. Today they are horrible in defense. And Madrid are very effective.

PearLBLacK

Banned
The whole team was performing at an exceptional level compared to the previous half season. It was more like our ruthless and devastating form in 2011/2012. Individually as well, almost all the players were fantastic.

Good interlinking play between the front 4. Ozil was fabulous, and Di Maria showed glimpses of his early last season form. Higuain missed a sitter along with a couple of low points but was overall okay. Ronaldo was brilliant even if you ignore the two goals and assist.

The 2nd-choice defense was mostly superb. Albiol was such a beast, could hardly believe it was him after each interception or clean and brilliant tackle. Varane played pretty well too, as did Arbeloa. Coentrao could've gotten a second yellow, and wasn't as impressive as one would wish. But his and Marcelo's return are very welcome, more creativity down that left flank should help the offense.

Casillas performed excellently as well, made a few wonderful saves when called upon. Not a San for nothing, he'll stay untested and secluded from the game for several minutes then produce an excellent save the second he's tested. Not sure if that half-volley (from Tino Costa I think) was powerful but the way he made stopping it look easy was impressive. May this continue.

There was something different in the way they approached the game, with the same hunger and desire reminiscent of last season. Maybe Jose was able to communicate properly with the squad, or instill in them this motivation. Either way, whatever happened in the dressing room, the players did the talking on the pitch, and in a very beautiful way at that.

Overall, I hope this is the spark that preceeds the flame. Hopefully the players can keep this up and use this as a mental boost. However gone the league may be, if Barca are able to lose against the likes of Sociedad, and we are back to performing like this, there can be some hope of cutting down that comfy cushion. Plus, more games like these will help psychologically in the bigger stages. Self-belief and confidence are paramount in the state the team is in right now.

Or we could go back to our misery selves of the last few months come Wednesday. Valencia will be coming out guns blazing after being thrashed in front of their home crowd, and especially while in need of 3 goals to advance. We'll see if this was a one-off performance or an actual progress.

Garrus

Nothing changed or will change with them, Once they face a disciplined team specially in midfield, They turn into headless chickens, Valencia were on the outermost negative side of the 'Discipline' spectrum, And they got what they deserved.

Garrus

You just spook like a genuine callejon avatar member, That's a bad sign, Get rid of it before it's too late.

Home of Barca Fans