Penal Madrid

Morten

Huh Kerry? The point is that nobody calls Diego Costa the best in the world despite the fact he scores a lot of goals. It was intended to point out the double standard that benefits Ronaldo.

I get tired of hearing that shit here everyday. Consistensy is a part of being a great player, not saying Costa isnt, but come back after he scores 50 goals 4 seasons in a row. Ok, let us say 2 seasons, then i will be happy. Or if we talk overall play, for what Ronaldo lacks, he is still clearly more talented on the ball than Costa.

messi2140

6racies Xavi
"Real Madrid are high up in the charts in terms of the number of shots they have received on goal. It is almost unheard of for one of La Liga's big two to be tenth in this list.
However, that is where we find Real Madrid, with 73 shots received on goal during their first six league games of the season, at over 12 shots per game. If we compare that to their two closest rivals for the league title, Atlético have received 51 shots on goal since the start of the season and Barcelona just 39, almost half as many as Los Blancos. Of those 73 shots, 22 were on target, of which 11 were saved by Casillas and 2 by Keylor Navas.
This is not a new problem. This time last season, Real Madrid had already received 68 shots on goal, a similar number to this campaign. They received 19 shots on goal against Villarreal, their highest number to date.
There is another obvious comparison between the shots received during the early games this season and those received during the 2013/14 season and that is the absence of Xabi Alonso. Last season, the Basque midfielder did not play until gameweek 11 when Real thrashed Sevilla. His return coincided with a great run of performances and results"-Marca

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
^ Xabi might have gotten slower, he might have been more prone to mistakes because of that, but he is really understated by people around here. He was of utmost importance for Real Madrid last season even though he was a shadow of the player he once was.

serghei

^I think they are learning about the importance of both Alonso and Di Maria the hard way now. OK, let's say you sell one of them, but not both. Not both. You don't just sell maybe the most hard working midfielders you had last season, to bring Rodriguez and Kroos.

They're lucky they still have Modric, otherwise, they would have been 10th in the league right now, with or without Ronaldo's goals. If Modric gets injured (and I DO NOT WANT THAT, I really dig the player) I will be watching them every game.

Last edited:

Alarcón

Yes Real are totally gonna rekt us. Wonder where Chilecano is hiding now, probably telling people on a RM forum how they stand no chance against Barca.

CuleLife4Life

We have problems the same way Real do. They won't wreck us and vice versa. El Clasico will be the battle of managers imo.

Lucho clearly needs to work on his tactics but Carlo is stuck being forced to play without a CDM in the midfield. Illara was ok today but we haven't seen what their top midfield of Illara, Kroos, and Modric can do because James, Kroos, and Modric is whats preferred.

No need to overreact.

footyfan

Calma, calma
Ancelotti pretty much verbalising what all of us have already seen. His 4-3-3/4-4-2 hybrid is here to stay.

“It’s essential to work together. The midfield was good, too.

“With the ball we have three in midfield and without it, Bale helps us defend and makes a line of four. James Rodriguez then moves to the left. We’re adapting and eager to learn.

“This was our best game, much better than last year at this point. What we need now is continuity.

"We were more attentive at set-pieces and kept a clean sheet. Everything went well.”

"I think there can be no doubt about Cristiano for the Ballon d’Or this year, there’s no putting money on it."

Madrid's defence is still very vulnerable. The Clasico is going to be outstanding without a doubt. Will it beat the 4-3 win for entertainment is the real question.

Kerrybai

9huk.jpg

I really can't get behind the stadium design they choose, it looks far too much like a bedpan. I'm eager to see how they will get the capacity up to 93k and what name they are going with to fund it.

BTW the stadium has a capacity of 81,044 but the attendance vs Atletico was recorded as 85,253. I know nobody cares but I really want to know if it was just a typo or was it the actual attendance. If they record a figure like that for the classico then I'll know for sure that something is up.

Home of Barca Fans