Penal Madrid

Blaugrana Bull

HiiiPoWeR
If the opposition sits deep, then there is not much space of course.

I am just pointing out the fact that 3 CMs will always mean less space for Leo than 2 CMs.

CuleLife4Life

Real Madrid want to change their 4-3-3 to a 4-4-2 to try to stop Messi in the league game against Barcelona in two weeks. #elclasico [marca]

This is what they were doing towards the end of the season. And seems to be Carlo's go-to formation against tougher teams. But I still think there will be mistakes with the Kroos-Modric-James mids with them not being too defensive as well as a Pepe-Ramos CB partnership so I can see us winning.

Ursegor

World Champion
Their 442 is weaker with no alonso and di maria though.

In principle, yes (although people here overrate Di Maria so they can pretend Madrid's best player wasn't Ronaldo last season). But remember that Hames and Kroos are new and will certainly want to prove your statement wrong. Which means they will put in a big shift, even more than they usually would. When the overall, collective shape works and they set up to counter in 4-4-2 it doesn't matter too much. Even Malaga could defend comfortably as a collective unit with scrubs players. Also remember that Madrid had to use Isco instead of Ronaldo in the Copa del Rey and still won. The quality gap between Kroos and Alonso isn't bigger than that.

Ode to Django

You're not even a real journalism
In principle, yes (although people here overrate Di Maria so they can pretend Madrid's best player wasn't Ronaldo last season). But remember that Hames and Kroos are new and will certainly want to prove your statement wrong. Which means they will put in a big shift, even more than they usually would. When the overall, collective shape works and they set up to counter in 4-4-2 it doesn't matter too much. Even Malaga could defend comfortably as a collective unit with scrubs players. Also remember that Madrid had to use Isco instead of Ronaldo in the Copa del Rey and still won. The quality gap between Kroos and Alonso isn't bigger than that.

:lol: so true

Behrox

Vice President of FC Barcelona
Let me break your equation in a few smilies:
:neymar:-:messi:-:suarez:

Alarcón

It's not about a quality gap between Kroos and Alonso but about the fact that Kroos isn't a DM. Doesn't matter how good their players are, the only DM they have is Illara and if they play Kroos as DM I don't expect him to do all too well against our attack.

Good for you. Wish I could feel the same, but I got a feeling Carlo will school Lucho.

People thought the same last year about Tata the "inexpierenced manager from South America", and we still won both league games.

Home of Barca Fans