Penal Madrid

MaxY

Devil May Cry
Not sure if you guys are just jinxing or clueless. You still have Clasico and like 13 games,it's anyone's league. If you're truly fans why don't you believe in your own team instead of being pessimistic and whiny all the time.

Ini8

¡Gr?*cies Xavi!
This forum suffers from severe bipolar disorder.

Easy, guys. We are only in Hlebruary. Still a long time to go.

Morten

Knew Barca was going to drop points eventually, but only in a difficult away game, losing home vs malage is a big suprise.

Leo_Messi

Knew Barca was going to drop points eventually, but only in a difficult away game, losing home vs malage is a big suprise.

Not only that. Defeats at home against the likes of Celta and Málaga often prove fatal if the goal is to win the league. Especially in recent seasons were FCB and RM rarely drop any points at home or points at all for that matter.

Anyway FCB were never favorites to win the league title this season. A big overhaul, a new largely inexperienced manager taking the helm once again before the new season and a RM team that just won the CdR and CL. It was supposed to be a transition season before the new president arrives.

If I were a RM fan I would be very disappointed if you guys were to throw the league away this season

Last edited:

Morten

Madrid will also drop points. I can even see Atletico winning La Liga this year.

Anything can happen, however, i doubt both Barca and Real will drop so many points to give Atletico the title this year. Speaking of, im so happy we are done with them, in the league at least.

Leo_Messi

True. It's too early to predict anything with certainty but I think that we can conclude that as of now RM are favorites. To what extend we can always discuss.

A lot will be decided by the CL I feel. RM are bound to slack a bit in the league like last year if they have the CL to look for. Winning it two times in a row would be unprecedented and I have no doubts that RM would focus on accomplishing such a feat if they had to choose between the league or CL.

Momentum, fatigue, injuries etc. can change a lot.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
The thing is, the league was in our hands (i.e. winning all remaining games would have meant the title was ours) before the Malaga game. Now we have to count on both beating RM in March and RM losing points elsewhere.

CuleLife4Life

Is too early to predict anything. They'll most likely beat Elche today but they still have to face tougher opponents in Bilbao at home and Villarreal before Clasico. Ideally they'll drop 3 points but realistically only Villarreal can probably get a draw.

Clasico is a must win. If they go undefeated by the time they come to Camp Nou and they beat us, we'll be 7 points behind and may as well kiss the Liga goodbye.

They lost La Liga last year because Carlo over-exhausted the team which lead to most of them being injured at the end where they lost points. And of course they were more concerned with CL than La Liga I think Carlo has learned his lesson and with Modric coming back as well as Lucas Silva&Jese to provide backup, its less likely they'll have that type of collapse again.

B96rd8RIUAAry2w.png

From their schedule after clasico, Malaga, Celta, and the back to back of Sevilla and Valencia are most likely to see them drop points.

dakt

Not sure if you guys are just jinxing or clueless. You still have Clasico and like 13 games,it's anyone's league. If you're truly fans why don't you believe in your own team instead of being pessimistic and whiny all the time.

Funny how we are only concentrated on Real, while danger can also come from ATM...and I mean both camps, Barca and RM. We might just as well end up third on the chart.
When things are so tight on the top of the chart, usually luck can be very important factor.

pacp_96

Chief Of Footballing Matters
Hopefully Villarreal or Bilbao can do us a favour before the Clasico. After that Sevilla and Valencia are the two games most likely to take points of Madrid.

MaxY

Devil May Cry
Funny how we are only concentrated on Real, while danger can also come from ATM...and I mean both camps, Barca and RM. We might just as well end up third on the chart.
When things are so tight on the top of the chart, usually luck can be very important factor.

I also agree with that. If I'm not wrong(too lazy to check) ATM is only like 3 points behind Barca and they still have a game vs Barca at home in the 37th round. If Barca doesn't win the Clasico and if ATM wins vs Barca you could be in some serious trouble.

Home of Barca Fans