Penal Madrid

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Nope. They really weren't. Today they went to war. Probably the qualification in the Copa final boosted their confidence and ambition.

Ehhh. Athletic were pretty good on the day. Pressed high, played with energy and cohesion, created 4-5 awesome chances and scored one. It's just that Barca dominated and didn't give Athletic the opportunity to get into the game whereas Real Madrid eased off and gave that opportunity.

Cule Finn

I'm almost happier when RM loses than when Barca wins. :lol: Anyways, looks like the timing of el clasico couldn't be better for us.

gatsu

Nope. They really weren't. Today they went to war. Probably the qualification in the Copa final boosted their confidence and ambition.

Don't agree, Today Athletic showed little to no pressing, and there was space between lines especially in the last 20 min, watch the match again they were better against Barça in every department, Real are just average when they have the possession.

Asylum15

Yeah Ronaldos form right now is horrible. Looks like he took his foot off the gas pedal after he won the Balon, I dont know if he's slowly declining or its just an injury

For me it's simple lately:

1. Teams know that in 90% of situations he'll cut in on his right + shoot. Bilbao knew it today, Villarreal knew it last time.
2. He's NOT a fast as he was, I've not seen him kick it past + sprint away from someone in quite a while. He was marked by Mario Gaspar against Villarreal who is faster than him and it showed.
3. He's 30 now, and the demands he's placed on his body for all these years have to take their toll.

Bale is the inverted opposite, he's too predictable in running to the byline.

I feel so much better about our front 3, far more dynamic and unpredictable.

NotInHere

Watch him score 20 goals in October so his lobby can claim he's the best in the world and how he deserves perpetual Balon d'Or...
wish people would actually anaylze their both overall game but its never going to happen sadly. People in general are too consumed by numbers, thats why I hate stats in football.

Kerrybai

As shit as Bale was he came an inch short of scoring the goal of the season.

It may have been a shit cross, it looked like he was looking across as opposed to looking at the goal.

EqualSmallKingbird

NotInHere

For me it's simple lately:

1. Teams know that in 90% of situations he'll cut in on his right + shoot. Bilbao knew it today, Villarreal knew it last time.
2. He's NOT a fast as he was, I've not seen him kick it past + sprint away from someone in quite a while. He was marked by Mario Gaspar against Villarreal who is fkaster than him and it showed.
3. He's 30 now, and the demands he's placed on his body for all these years have to take their toll.

Bale is the inverted opposite, he's too predictable in running to the byline.

I feel so much better about our front 3, far more dynamic and unpredictable.
you said it perfectly, he struggles more and more to beat his markers, its not like he was known to have that aspect ever since his arrival at Madrid, but now you will start to see him relying on his long shot even more, why? He cant cut in so he must resort to that. His body like everyone of ours, is going to start to slow down.

Home of Barca Fans