Penal Madrid

Vlom

Previously known as Mehssi
If it was Cassillas instead of Hart, even though we didn't push that hard and prefered to control/pace the game apparently (i don't like this, i like when bcn goes full force for 90min) ... well, it would have been 8-0.

RM fans can say shit on marca/as all they want, about "jaja but he didn't score" "jaja only 1-0 to city who is shit" bla bla bla .. i'm pretty sure people that know footbal (Ancelotti and the players) took notes of the games and saw we're on top form and the game sunday can get very difficult for them :)

I'm super pissed at Neymar .. suarez wasn't good today either, but Neymar it's been a while now and he had so many clear chances, I hate that messi always has to do it all and find no support !

CuleLife4Life

Need a bus this weekend, nothing else can work. Think we should play with Pepe as dm in this match, he has the qualities to somewhat stop Messi in Midfield.

I'm convinced you post to troll now. Pepe is the best CB that team has why in the world would be play as DM. And a midfield of Kroos and Modric partnership has been fruitful in being defensive as Modric tends to help defend when Kroos goes forward.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
I'm convinced you post to troll now. Pepe is the best CB that team has why in the world would be play as DM. And a midfield of Kroos and Modric partnership has been fruitful in being defensive as Modric tends to help defend when Kroos goes forward.

He's anti-jinxing.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
Hardly. Pepe has done very well in dm when he has played there, amazing in fact. Kroos and Modric wont cut it against this side, need a proper dm to cover space.

I commend your perseverance in trying to invoke the holy anti-jinx hype karma.

Maybe you should park the bus with a Marcelo-Varane-Pepe-Ramos-Carvajal backline. Pepe can move into midfield during possession.

Morten

I really mean it. Varane and Ramos tends to play well together, Pepe has proven before he can do very well in dm. Kroos and Modric in a duo would be run over, Pepe would bring much needed defensive qualities in midfield. If we can defend well and take our counters we can maybe get something from this.

KyletheMuslim

Guardiolista
I really mean it. Varane and Ramos tends to play well together, Pepe has proven before he can do very well in dm. Kroos and Modric in a duo would be run over, Pepe would bring much needed defensive qualities in midfield. If we can defend well and take our counters we can maybe get something from this.

you think this is 2011 ? Messi doesn't even play as a false 9 anymore, what would be point of having Pepe in D-mid ?

Richard.H

Not sure if srs.

Pepe would get eaten alive as a DM. He is a horrible dribbler and his ball retention is mediocre. He is really good at tackling and winning aerial duels, 2 things that are important as a CB. In DM you need to have positional awareness (which he lacks) and ability to retain the ball (which he's horrible at).

I would love to see him as DM so Iniesta and Raki can run circles around him.

Morten

you think this is 2011 ? Messi doesn't even play as a false 9 anymore, what would be point of having Pepe in D-mid ?

Yeah i know his position now is winger, but as i said, he roam around alot anyway. Anyway, Messi isnt the only threat we have to contain, even though he is the biggest.

Richard.H

He starts on the right but still cuts into the middle a lot.

The big difference is that now, since his initial position is on the deep right wing, it draws all the defenders/mids of the opposing team towards that direction. This creates enough space for our mids and forwards to control the play. Hence why Neymar/Suarez have gotten plenty of 1 on 1 chances this season.

Morten

Not sure if srs.

Pepe would get eaten alive as a DM. He is a horrible dribbler and his ball retention is mediocre. He is really good at tackling and winning aerial duels, 2 things that are important as a CB. In DM you need to have positional awareness (which he lacks) and ability to retain the ball (which he's horrible at).

I would love to see him as DM so Iniesta and Raki can run circles around him.

He has played very well there before, dont see why he couldnt do that again. Anyway, his job isnt to be great at distrobution or dribbling, when he has the ball he should play simple and let other players do the creative stuff.

CuleLife4Life

Hardly. Pepe has done very well in dm when he has played there, amazing in fact. Kroos and Modric wont cut it against this side, need a proper dm to cover space.

Yet they were fine in the last clasico. Grant it Lucho made the dumb mistake of playing Xavi instead of Rakitic but when playing together its like Modric and Kroos are a complete partnership and make up for each other's shortcomings in defense. Well actually Modric tends cover for Kroos a lot more. Isco has also come a long way defensively.

I do think we'll win but its a bit much to down play them as much as you have esp since they're your team. Although I'm sure you're invoking a jinx ;)

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
I'm confident ahead of this Clasico but still weary. RM are a lot tougher than City, I'd be shocked if they afforded us as many easy chances as City did today. It'll take a great performance from the team to win this because it is a Clasico, even if the circumstances favor us at the moment. It'd be nice to reintroduce God-Messi to the Clasico since his last two have been lackluster, hope he kills it. The team needs ample preparation and focus for this match, we can't just ride on momentum.

Morten

Well actually Modric tends cover for Kroos a lot more

Exactly. Modric is good in tracking back, Kroos tries but he is quite slow and nothing more than ok at timing tackles. Kroos is ok in defence, but not great, needs something more than just Modric to be a workhorse in midfield.

Home of Barca Fans