Penal Madrid

B

beautifulgame

It has to be that nothing less than la decima would make him a zero.

He is expected to beat Man U with the resources at his disposal.
If he does get it however, it doesn't exactly make him a hero because he has a stacked squad and staff.

As far as Barca, like you said, in the long run it won't be remembered if they can win the CL but it will add a ton more pressure.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
It was ordered by Mou to make Di Maria sent off so that he can rest on Liga Clasico and be fresh for the game at Old Trafford. It's his usual tactics in resting players without getting bashed by the fans.

That's funny.
Since when does Mou care about being bashed by the fans? You haven't been watching Madrid very closely this season.
Mou is leaving at the end of the season, with La Decima or without it.

B

beautifulgame

That's funny.
Since when does Mou care about being bashed by the fans? You haven't been watching Madrid very closely this season.
Mou is leaving at the end of the season, with La Decima or without it.

That much is in written in stone.

Fourteen

Monster Masch
A superb performance from the best counter-attacking team in the world. This result has been on the cards for some time now, hints from last seasons 1-2 win in the Nou Camp to confirm the Liga. Mourinho as much as he is a dislikeable character to most fans outside of Chelsea and Madrid has done a great job in making sure Barca haven't completely dominated Madrid over the past couple of years and I'd go as far to say that this result may have turned the tide in the Classico for now. From the glorious 5-0 Barca win to this achievement for Madrid, credit to Madrid for eventually getting there after so many trial runs.

As a Barca fan I hope we in turn respond by trying to counter this system that seems to have such an effect on us.

F

Flavia

A superb performance from the best counter-attacking team in the world. This result has been on the cards for some time now, hints from last seasons 1-2 win in the Nou Camp to confirm the Liga. Mourinho as much as he is a dislikeable character to most fans outside of Chelsea and Madrid has done a great job in making sure Barca haven't completely dominated Madrid over the past couple of years and I'd go as far to say that this result may have turned the tide in the Classico for now. From the glorious 5-0 Barca win to this achievement for Madrid, credit to Madrid for eventually getting there after so many trial runs.

As a Barca fan I hope we in turn respond by trying to counter this system that seems to have such an effect on us.

I agree on everything. And I hope something changes for the lliga clasico. Thay must have learned from the mistakes now.

Irish_Cules

I've been thinking about this all evening and its quite incredible that this is the most expensive team of all time completely designed to play against Barcelona. Have we ever seen anything like this before in football? Such a huge amount of money spent on a team designed to counter one other team. The players they have bought and the way they play in every single other game in their season is defined by a style that has been developed to beat Barcelona. Their performances this season have shown this. They have suffered against the smaller teams that sit deep against them but in the Classicos they have flourished. It took them a while to achieve their goal but they finally seem to consistently have the upper hand against Barca when they play.

sukhy

I've been thinking about this all evening and its quite incredible that this is the most expensive team of all time completely designed to play against Barcelona. Have we ever seen anything like this before in football? Such a huge amount of money spent on a team designed to counter one other team. The players they have bought and the way they play in every single other game in their season is defined by a style that has been developed to beat Barcelona. Their performances this season have shown this. They have suffered against the smaller teams that sit deep against them but in the Classicos they have flourished. It took them a while to achieve their goal but they finally seem to consistently have the upper hand against Barca when they play.

Well said mate, hit the nail on the head, they seem to have Barca's number, but theyre truly struggling vs teams that sit deep and defend. If they only win the Copa del Rey this season, then it wont be worth it for them, not at all.

Stric

Brilliant observation. And very true. Not to sound like a douche, but how terrible does Mou's/RM's inferiority complex have to be to design their entire team and tactics around facing Barcelona, one of the rare teams who plays that particular style of football? :lol: Luckily for them, it paid off in the recent Clasicos. It seems it won't pay off in the long run, though.

hellsangel1

I won't say that they have had the 'upper hand against us consistently'. We played better than them in the first leg of the Copa del Rey.

It will be interesting to see how Madrid handle the Clasico in La Liga. They have got an important game coming up at Old Trafford and playing against Barca is really taxing so it will be interesting to see who plays and how many minutes and who gets rested.

hellsangel1

Despite everything, I would like to see both Madrid and Barcelona qualify from this round of the Champions League and meet in the latter rounds . Even though we might very well fail when looking at how many goals we are conceding, i will still relish the challenge of watching my favourite club go against the hated rivals and defeating them.

oz187

Normally I say more Clasicos is always better. But seeing Mourinho succeed at Real? No, he's a lowlife that brings the whole game into disrepute.

Beast

The Observer

It would have been true if we didn't destroy all the teams including Barca's in Camp nou last season and won it with both record number of goals and record number of points and 2 times CL semi-final...
so the answer is no you are wrong

Irish_Cules

It would have been true if we didn't destroy all the teams including Barca's in Camp nou last season and won it with both record number of goals and record number of points and 2 times CL semi-final...

I'm not denying that at all and I'm not trying to belittle this Madrid team's achievements. I really do think though that a big reason they play fast counter attacking football is because it is the perfect way to play against Barcelona. The way Barcelona hammered Madrid in the classicos in recent years had a huge effect on Madrid and they couldn't let it continue. Last season they were unbelievable blew away everybody in the league with their determination. pace and quality. This season, that hunger and determination has been missing in the league which has exposed the system's flaws against smaller teams. OK it might be a bit exaggerated to claim Barcelona are the only reason Madrid play the way they do but it definitely is a major factor.

Raed

Dr. Raed St. Claire

Not only that but we have beat Bayern Munich at home only to lose on penalties, which is not a design function. There was a lack of effort from the players and Mourinho's self destruction methods. I read a tweet from La Liga Loca saying that, in the end, Mourinho was right to complain about the lack of effort from the players. He is at fault for many thing, but when they put in an effort the results are MASSIVE!

Fourteen

Monster Masch
421858_585944254767446_1352901592_n.jpg

Can they technically do the 3 fingers? It was 2 clear goals, so as the pedantic Barca fan, I think they've done it wrong. Ahhhh I feel better...

Home of Barca Fans