Penal Madrid

Me55i D105

Well didn't hear that, just a lot of talking and then the crowd was shouting so got nada from that. Also don't have any idea what they were talking about during the club, just knew it was something bad.

dostoevskij

What's the actual problem with Arbeloa's tackle? It's a good tactical foul that breaks the counter and it was well punished with a yellow since there were two players in front of Sanchez.

He is tackling Sanchez( who is at full speed) with absolutely no chance and no attempt to play the ball. Yes its tactical and yes it was good( for Madrid), but it was a serious foul play( No chance to play the ball, just kicked deliberately at Alexis) and therefore a Red card by the rules!!! Just because its a tactical foul does not mean its well punished with yellow. Thats not how this syllogism works.

btw.: it doesnt matter how many madrid players were behind, because its not about denying an obvious goal scoring opportunity!!!

Yugi

Mou wants to be United manager
it would suck if someone like Pep took it in few years after Fergie and left Mou a.k.a "best team lost" behind once again :troll:

Stric

It's funny how never in a million years would he say something like that if it was Barca on the opposing side.

Jaykob

Mourinho is a joke, his fake humility is really disgusting, a shame that many people seem to fall for that

KhaledBarca

Can someone remind the hypocrite Mourinho how he won the Champions League in 2004 (Scholes disallowed goal vs Porto, when he was onside)?
SAF is having now the same feeling he had vs Mourinho's team (Porto) in 2004!

In 2010, vs Chelsea and Barca ? (Penalties not called and Bojan's disallowed goal etc..)

Irish_Cules

Congratulations to Madrid for going through. The red card was a poor decision and I do think United would have gone through if Nani wasnt sent off but the way in which Madrid took advantage of their extra man and played the rest of the game was superb. Annoyingly it is looking increasingly like it could be Madrids year, although I think there are a couple of teams left in the competition who could give them a real tough time, especially a strong counter attacking team like Juventus.

Edit: In relation to the ref, I think we have to remember he screwed up for Madrid's disallowed goal as well. No way was it a foul.

Last edited:

Stric

Funny how they're turning out to be one of the best teams in Europe this spring after spending a good part of the season being the laughing stock of Spain.

I doubt Real are gonna win it. Juventus, Bayern or Dortmund should be able to beat them IMO. Maybe an in-form Barca, if we make it through (looks unlikely). Though Mou and RM are good against us.

Anyways, Bayern are gonna win it this year IMO. Unless Barca manage to last until Tito returns and return to the form they were in earlier this season.

Jaykob

Clearly Mourinho prioritized the champions league in terms of preparation, he did not give a shit about the league this year

KhaledBarca

Bayern Munich are a better team than Real Madrid, Dortmund already won against Real Madrid in the group-stages. Also, Juventus a great team with very good defenders and midfielders.

But, Real Madrid could be lucky and face the winner between Galatasaray/Schalke OR Porto/Malaga in the Quarter-Finals.

QF (most probably):
- Dortmund.
- Real Madrid.
- PSG.
- Juventus.
- Bayern Munich.
- Schalke.
- Porto/Malaga.
- ACMilan.

Home of Barca Fans